HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Injury Thread - Kopitar (Out for Season), Williams (Out 4 weeks), Parse (Day to Day)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2011, 10:40 PM
  #151
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,305
vCash: 500
I could see almost anyone with the A.

Maybe even Smyth?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
  #152
Fangio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings are done? Heh, seriously?

You must be a great person to have on a team.
Says the guy that thinks they weren't going to win anything anyway and brush it off like it's nothing.

On the issue at hand here.. Nothing can sell me this team right now..That lineup up front isn't going to do jack in the playoffs. I'm not confident they can win a game(prove me wrong Kings). Losing Kopi is that big of a blow, in my mind. Don't forget Willy either.

It would have been nice if some of the longterm kids -- Schenner, Lokti (real serious talent here) -- were integrated into the lineup from the start; imagine the experience they would be getting right now.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:55 PM
  #153
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,702
vCash: 567
Gotta remember that 6 weeks is just the minimum. Plus even if we did make it past the 1st round and Kopi was able to play, he'd be thrown into the fire without any time to get into game shape.

The big thing is everyone else has to step up and they all know it.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
  #154
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,702
vCash: 567
Zus usually gets the A when guys are out so I don't see why that would change.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:59 PM
  #155
Cruel11
Classless Kings
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,475
vCash: 500
Zus will get the A.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
  #156
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
Says the guy that thinks they weren't going to win anything anyway and brush it off like it's nothing.

On the issue at hand here.. Nothing can sell me this team right now..That lineup up front isn't going to do jack in the playoffs. I'm not confident they can win a game(prove me wrong Kings). Losing Kopi is that big of a blow, in my mind. Don't forget Willy either.

It would have been nice if some of the longterm kids -- Schenner, Lokti (real serious talent here) -- were integrated into the lineup from the start; imagine the experience they would be getting right now.
No, I'm the guy that says that the Kings were probably not going to win a cup this season anyway and would have a battle on their hands in the first round even with Kopitar. Do not misrepresent what I have written.

Nothing can sell you on the remaining talent on this team?

Like I said you must be an outstanding person to have as a teammate. The odds are against them, but they can still make a good showing in the playoffs. Depends on who they play and how well they tighten up defensively. Sounds like you need to go to the grocery store and stock up on the cheese.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
  #157
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Gotta remember that 6 weeks is just the minimum. Plus even if we did make it past the 1st round and Kopi was able to play, he'd be thrown into the fire without any time to get into game shape.

The big thing is everyone else has to step up and they all know it.
Yeah, they took the x-ray and know the ankle is broken. The MRI comes later when the swelling goes down some.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
  #158
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yeah, they took the x-ray and know the ankle is broken. The MRI comes later when the swelling goes down some.
MRI on Monday.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:25 PM
  #159
Fangio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
No, I'm the guy that says that the Kings were probably not going to win a cup this season anyway and would have a battle on their hands in the first round even with Kopitar. Do not misrepresent what I have written.

Nothing can sell you on the remaining talent on this team?


Like I said you must be an outstanding person to have as a teammate. The odds are against them, but they can still make a good showing in the playoffs. Depends on who they play and how well they tighten up defensively. Sounds like you need to go to the grocery store and stock up on the cheese.
see this is were our perspectives differ. I believed in this team from the start and gave Murray the benefit of the doubt all season while everyone repeatedly took a **** on him.
Right now the two best forwards on this team are out for the season, the top prospects are not here, year long inconsistencies, questionable asset management, and again..Kopi's injury is a painful blow. The forecast doesn't look pretty from my view, but keep drinking that koolaid if it makes you feel better.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:44 PM
  #160
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
see this is were our perspectives differ. I believed in this team from the start and gave Murray the benefit of the doubt all season while everyone repeatedly took a **** on him.
Right now the two best forwards on this team are out for the season, the top prospects are not here, year long inconsistencies, questionable asset management, and again..Kopi's injury is a painful blow. The forecast doesn't look pretty from my view, but keep drinking that koolaid if it makes you feel better.
Questionable asset management??? Oh this I gotta hear...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:48 PM
  #161
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Joshua Turnbull
Nic Dowd
Garrett Roe

Are all available. Adding them into the mix for either duty in the AHL or up with the kings should also be considered.

I did a write up on them all recently and when I find it I'll paste it here for those of us not familiar with them.


Here is what I had or Roe and Dowd.

Nik Dowd gets no respect. Not from anyone and the way that he looks to me is that is perfectly alright with him. He is a quick kid who stands up for himself and is confident in his abilities. If you want to read that as cocky, fine. If you want to read that is self determined then that is alright too. Either way you take it Dowd has game. He is an excellent skater and isn't afraid of contact. My only problem with him is that I am waiting to see what he can do on a consistent basis. I absolutely want to see him play on the Monarchs but we are getting full. I hope he breaks his way through because he could easily be a 3/4 like sparkplug with a good turn of speed and nice hands if he does.

I wrote a little while ago how impressed I was with Garret Roe's game. He plays a big mans game and drives the net without fear. He is now listed at 5'11" but if you watch him play he plays a bigger mans style. He is stocky and when he hits people they tend to fly. He is a good skater (by the system I use he gets a C+ everytime I see him skate but he is improving) and has good hands. He is inconsistent as well but time has brought him a long way and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick on the Monarchs. I have no idea if he can bring his game up to NHL standards but he has come a long way.

When I find Turnbull I will post it here but I will say that he is the one who seems most likely to me to get a shot with the big club first of those three.


Last edited by Tonellisghost: 03-26-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:54 PM
  #162
KillerKampfer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lake Titicaca
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Gotta rally for home ice first round without Kopitar. Absolutely have to because it will go 7. I think Vancouver and Detroit are vulnerable if the Kings can get to four theres a chance they get home ice in the second round if two upsets happen (Sharks are good for one of them).

Pittsburgh is winning games without Crosby and Malkin, are you really bowing out to Phoenix because of the Kopitar and Williams injuries???

How are the Kings not a Cup contender if they are still playing hockey when Kopi is back? Dont think I am saying losing him helps, it doesnt and I really liked this team to make a run with him in the playoffs.

But like I said I thought the top two teams are particularly vulnerable this year (and that probably puts me in 1% of HFboard posters not guaranteeing both Vancouver and Detroit go through to the second round) and the other team above them are the Sharks with their early round history. If they can get the 4 seed and avoid Detroit or Vancouver in the second round should they win the first Kopitar will be back and they have a good chance at getting to the Stanley Cup Finals.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:59 PM
  #163
Fangio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Questionable asset management??? Oh this I gotta hear...
I have one guy trying to sweat me for not believing in the team anymore and now you're trying to nitpick my posts. nice try.

These games from here on out are going to be interesting to watch, that's all I will say. Kings should still be able to beat teams like EDM etc. But once those playoffs start, I'm afraid I'll be saying to myself what could have been.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:00 AM
  #164
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Gotta rally for home ice first round without Kopitar. Absolutely have to because it will go 7. I think Vancouver and Detroit are vulnerable if the Kings can get to four theres a chance they get home ice in the second round if two upsets happen (Sharks are good for one of them).

Pittsburgh is winning games without Crosby and Malkin, are you really bowing out to Phoenix because of the Kopitar and Williams injuries???

How are the Kings not a Cup contender if they are still playing hockey when Kopi is back? Dont think I am saying losing him helps, it doesnt and I really liked this team to make a run with him in the playoffs.

But like I said I thought the top two teams are particularly vulnerable this year (and that probably puts me in 1% of HFboard posters not guaranteeing both Vancouver and Detroit go through to the second round) and the other team above them are the Sharks with their early round history. If they can get the 4 seed and avoid Detroit or Vancouver in the second round should they win the first Kopitar will be back and they have a good chance at getting to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Great post. I agree with you completely.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:02 AM
  #165
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
I have one guy trying to sweat me for not believing in the team anymore and now you're trying to nitpick my posts. nice try.

These games from here on out are going to be interesting to watch, that's all I will say. Kings should still be able to beat teams like EDM etc. But once those playoffs start, I'm afraid I'll be saying to myself what could have been.
Nitpick?

You said the Kings have showed questionable asset management,

WHERE?

Simple question bud, you said it, not me.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:10 AM
  #166
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
No, I'm the guy that says that the Kings were probably not going to win a cup this season anyway and would have a battle on their hands in the first round even with Kopitar. Do not misrepresent what I have written.

Nothing can sell you on the remaining talent on this team?

Like I said you must be an outstanding person to have as a teammate. The odds are against them, but they can still make a good showing in the playoffs. Depends on who they play and how well they tighten up defensively. Sounds like you need to go to the grocery store and stock up on the cheese.
...being on the team and being a poster on a fan board is a completely different thing. There's no way you can make that assumption. Only the biggest ****** of all douches would act this way on his own team...

And, I agree that the Kings are screwed. Everyone will realize how friggin' valuable Kopi is to this team.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:23 AM
  #167
Fangio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Nitpick?

You said the Kings have showed questionable asset management,

WHERE?

Simple question bud, you said it, not me.
Not today "bud". Call it a cop out if you want. I'm sure there will be the annual DL/coaching/player evaluation threads for everyone to chime in at the end of the season. Right now, i'm not even gonna take the time.

Back on topic - Kopitar out 6 weeks, Williams out 4 weeks. Big losses..

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:30 AM
  #168
Orenji
Registered User
 
Orenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winningland
Country: United States
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 500
Big losses, but the team isn't just gonna fold and go home. This is a chance for everyone to step up with this extra time and prove that they want to win.

And Williams might be back for the first round if things go well and Kopitar by the second if things go well. It's hard to swallow, but the team just needs to come together an tackle the next seven games like the playoffs themselves. No one is giving them ANY credit for the Kings being 17 games over 500 and pin everything on Kopitar. I think we'll see some fire from them.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:31 AM
  #169
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Heal up Kopi, the team will be waiting for you in the WCF.

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
  #170
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
I have one guy trying to sweat me for not believing in the team anymore and now you're trying to nitpick my posts. nice try.

These games from here on out are going to be interesting to watch, that's all I will say. Kings should still be able to beat teams like EDM etc. But once those playoffs start, I'm afraid I'll be saying to myself what could have been.
You don't believe in the team anymore?

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
  #171
Roxo
Registered User
 
Roxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
bummmmmmmmmer.......

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:41 AM
  #172
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
Not today "bud". Call it a cop out if you want. I'm sure there will be the annual DL/coaching/player evaluation threads for everyone to chime in at the end of the season. Right now, i'm not even gonna take the time.

Back on topic - Kopitar out 6 weeks, Williams out 4 weeks. Big losses..
LOL wait, so you need to wait until the end of the season, or a week, before you can come up with any questionable asset decisions?

Yea, that ain't a cop out lol

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:48 AM
  #173
Fangio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL wait, so you need to wait until the end of the season, or a week, before you can come up with any questionable asset decisions?
Let it go bud..it's the least of my worries right now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
You don't believe in the team anymore?
well I had reason they could possibly make it through 2 rounds and beyond. Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose don't scare me. Now take out Kopitar+Williams and it becomes a different story. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:08 AM
  #174
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs
 
BehindEnemyLines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: OC, CA
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Gotta rally for home ice first round without Kopitar. Absolutely have to because it will go 7. I think Vancouver and Detroit are vulnerable if the Kings can get to four theres a chance they get home ice in the second round if two upsets happen (Sharks are good for one of them).

Pittsburgh is winning games without Crosby and Malkin, are you really bowing out to Phoenix because of the Kopitar and Williams injuries???

How are the Kings not a Cup contender if they are still playing hockey when Kopi is back? Dont think I am saying losing him helps, it doesnt and I really liked this team to make a run with him in the playoffs.

But like I said I thought the top two teams are particularly vulnerable this year (and that probably puts me in 1% of HFboard posters not guaranteeing both Vancouver and Detroit go through to the second round) and the other team above them are the Sharks with their early round history. If they can get the 4 seed and avoid Detroit or Vancouver in the second round should they win the first Kopitar will be back and they have a good chance at getting to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Agree with with you!

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:15 AM
  #175
The Butcher
**** your team
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5 Points
Country: United States
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
So tired of the negativity. I've been playing and following this game for over 20 years and I've seen a lot of stuff go down. I know that alot of us, as kings fans, have been conditioned to expect the worst, but geez, have a little faith.

The people that are claiming the season is over are the same people saying that the season was over at the end of that horrendous home stand and the lot of you make me sick. The handful of us that stood up and said this team could pull through then are the same group saying they can do it now. If you think our season is over I think it's time you head over to the Laker or Dodger boards.

This is a huge blow to our team but you still have to play the games and quite frankly the pessimistic attitude on here is embarassing.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.