HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Injury Thread - Kopitar (Out for Season), Williams (Out 4 weeks), Parse (Day to Day)

Old
03-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
I could see almost anyone with the A.

Maybe even Smyth?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings are done? Heh, seriously?

You must be a great person to have on a team.
Says the guy that thinks they weren't going to win anything anyway and brush it off like it's nothing.

On the issue at hand here.. Nothing can sell me this team right now..That lineup up front isn't going to do jack in the playoffs. I'm not confident they can win a game(prove me wrong Kings). Losing Kopi is that big of a blow, in my mind. Don't forget Willy either.

It would have been nice if some of the longterm kids -- Schenner, Lokti (real serious talent here) -- were integrated into the lineup from the start; imagine the experience they would be getting right now.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:55 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
Gotta remember that 6 weeks is just the minimum. Plus even if we did make it past the 1st round and Kopi was able to play, he'd be thrown into the fire without any time to get into game shape.

The big thing is everyone else has to step up and they all know it.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
Zus usually gets the A when guys are out so I don't see why that would change.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

Zus will get the A.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
Says the guy that thinks they weren't going to win anything anyway and brush it off like it's nothing.

On the issue at hand here.. Nothing can sell me this team right now..That lineup up front isn't going to do jack in the playoffs. I'm not confident they can win a game(prove me wrong Kings). Losing Kopi is that big of a blow, in my mind. Don't forget Willy either.

It would have been nice if some of the longterm kids -- Schenner, Lokti (real serious talent here) -- were integrated into the lineup from the start; imagine the experience they would be getting right now.
No, I'm the guy that says that the Kings were probably not going to win a cup this season anyway and would have a battle on their hands in the first round even with Kopitar. Do not misrepresent what I have written.

Nothing can sell you on the remaining talent on this team?

Like I said you must be an outstanding person to have as a teammate. The odds are against them, but they can still make a good showing in the playoffs. Depends on who they play and how well they tighten up defensively. Sounds like you need to go to the grocery store and stock up on the cheese.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Gotta remember that 6 weeks is just the minimum. Plus even if we did make it past the 1st round and Kopi was able to play, he'd be thrown into the fire without any time to get into game shape.

The big thing is everyone else has to step up and they all know it.
Yeah, they took the x-ray and know the ankle is broken. The MRI comes later when the swelling goes down some.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Yeah, they took the x-ray and know the ankle is broken. The MRI comes later when the swelling goes down some.
MRI on Monday.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Fangio

Quote:
No, I'm the guy that says that the Kings were probably not going to win a cup this season anyway and would have a battle on their hands in the first round even with Kopitar. Do not misrepresent what I have written.

Like I said you must be an outstanding person to have as a teammate. The odds are against them, but they can still make a good showing in the playoffs. Depends on who they play and how well they tighten up defensively. Sounds like you need to go to the grocery store and stock up on the cheese.
see this is were our perspectives differ. I believed in this team from the start and gave Murray the benefit of the doubt all season while everyone repeatedly took a **** on him.
Right now the two best forwards on this team are out for the season, the top prospects are not here, year long inconsistencies, questionable asset management, and again..Kopi's injury is a painful blow. The forecast doesn't look pretty from my view, but keep drinking that koolaid if it makes you feel better.

Old
03-26-2011, 11:44 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
see this is were our perspectives differ. I believed in this team from the start and gave Murray the benefit of the doubt all season while everyone repeatedly took a **** on him.
Right now the two best forwards on this team are out for the season, the top prospects are not here, year long inconsistencies, questionable asset management, and again..Kopi's injury is a painful blow. The forecast doesn't look pretty from my view, but keep drinking that koolaid if it makes you feel better.
Questionable asset management??? Oh this I gotta hear...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Joshua Turnbull
Nic Dowd
Garrett Roe

Are all available. Adding them into the mix for either duty in the AHL or up with the kings should also be considered.

I did a write up on them all recently and when I find it I'll paste it here for those of us not familiar with them.

Here is what I had or Roe and Dowd.

Nik Dowd gets no respect. Not from anyone and the way that he looks to me is that is perfectly alright with him. He is a quick kid who stands up for himself and is confident in his abilities. If you want to read that as cocky, fine. If you want to read that is self determined then that is alright too. Either way you take it Dowd has game. He is an excellent skater and isn't afraid of contact. My only problem with him is that I am waiting to see what he can do on a consistent basis. I absolutely want to see him play on the Monarchs but we are getting full. I hope he breaks his way through because he could easily be a 3/4 like sparkplug with a good turn of speed and nice hands if he does.

I wrote a little while ago how impressed I was with Garret Roe's game. He plays a big mans game and drives the net without fear. He is now listed at 5'11" but if you watch him play he plays a bigger mans style. He is stocky and when he hits people they tend to fly. He is a good skater (by the system I use he gets a C+ everytime I see him skate but he is improving) and has good hands. He is inconsistent as well but time has brought him a long way and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick on the Monarchs. I have no idea if he can bring his game up to NHL standards but he has come a long way.

When I find Turnbull I will post it here but I will say that he is the one who seems most likely to me to get a shot with the big club first of those three.

Last edited by Tonellisghost: 03-26-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:54 PM
KillerKampfer*

Gotta rally for home ice first round without Kopitar. Absolutely have to because it will go 7. I think Vancouver and Detroit are vulnerable if the Kings can get to four theres a chance they get home ice in the second round if two upsets happen (Sharks are good for one of them).

Pittsburgh is winning games without Crosby and Malkin, are you really bowing out to Phoenix because of the Kopitar and Williams injuries???

How are the Kings not a Cup contender if they are still playing hockey when Kopi is back? Dont think I am saying losing him helps, it doesnt and I really liked this team to make a run with him in the playoffs.

But like I said I thought the top two teams are particularly vulnerable this year (and that probably puts me in 1% of HFboard posters not guaranteeing both Vancouver and Detroit go through to the second round) and the other team above them are the Sharks with their early round history. If they can get the 4 seed and avoid Detroit or Vancouver in the second round should they win the first Kopitar will be back and they have a good chance at getting to the Stanley Cup Finals.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Questionable asset management??? Oh this I gotta hear...
I have one guy trying to sweat me for not believing in the team anymore and now you're trying to nitpick my posts. nice try.

These games from here on out are going to be interesting to watch, that's all I will say. Kings should still be able to beat teams like EDM etc. But once those playoffs start, I'm afraid I'll be saying to myself what could have been.

Old
03-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Gotta rally for home ice first round without Kopitar. Absolutely have to because it will go 7. I think Vancouver and Detroit are vulnerable if the Kings can get to four theres a chance they get home ice in the second round if two upsets happen (Sharks are good for one of them).

Pittsburgh is winning games without Crosby and Malkin, are you really bowing out to Phoenix because of the Kopitar and Williams injuries???

How are the Kings not a Cup contender if they are still playing hockey when Kopi is back? Dont think I am saying losing him helps, it doesnt and I really liked this team to make a run with him in the playoffs.

But like I said I thought the top two teams are particularly vulnerable this year (and that probably puts me in 1% of HFboard posters not guaranteeing both Vancouver and Detroit go through to the second round) and the other team above them are the Sharks with their early round history. If they can get the 4 seed and avoid Detroit or Vancouver in the second round should they win the first Kopitar will be back and they have a good chance at getting to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Great post. I agree with you completely.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:02 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
I have one guy trying to sweat me for not believing in the team anymore and now you're trying to nitpick my posts. nice try.

These games from here on out are going to be interesting to watch, that's all I will say. Kings should still be able to beat teams like EDM etc. But once those playoffs start, I'm afraid I'll be saying to myself what could have been.
Nitpick?

You said the Kings have showed questionable asset management,

WHERE?

Simple question bud, you said it, not me.

Old
03-27-2011, 12:10 AM
123slam

Quote:

...being on the team and being a poster on a fan board is a completely different thing. There's no way you can make that assumption. Only the biggest ****** of all douches would act this way on his own team...

And, I agree that the Kings are screwed. Everyone will realize how friggin' valuable Kopi is to this team.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Fangio

Quote:
Nitpick?

You said the Kings have showed questionable asset management,

WHERE?

Simple question bud, you said it, not me.
Not today "bud". Call it a cop out if you want. I'm sure there will be the annual DL/coaching/player evaluation threads for everyone to chime in at the end of the season. Right now, i'm not even gonna take the time.

Back on topic - Kopitar out 6 weeks, Williams out 4 weeks. Big losses..

Old
03-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Orenji

Big losses, but the team isn't just gonna fold and go home. This is a chance for everyone to step up with this extra time and prove that they want to win.

And Williams might be back for the first round if things go well and Kopitar by the second if things go well. It's hard to swallow, but the team just needs to come together an tackle the next seven games like the playoffs themselves. No one is giving them ANY credit for the Kings being 17 games over 500 and pin everything on Kopitar. I think we'll see some fire from them.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:31 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Heal up Kopi, the team will be waiting for you in the WCF.

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Quote:

You don't believe in the team anymore?

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
bummmmmmmmmer.......

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:41 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Not today "bud". Call it a cop out if you want. I'm sure there will be the annual DL/coaching/player evaluation threads for everyone to chime in at the end of the season. Right now, i'm not even gonna take the time.

Back on topic - Kopitar out 6 weeks, Williams out 4 weeks. Big losses..
LOL wait, so you need to wait until the end of the season, or a week, before you can come up with any questionable asset decisions?

Yea, that ain't a cop out lol

Old
03-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Fangio

Quote:
LOL wait, so you need to wait until the end of the season, or a week, before you can come up with any questionable asset decisions?
Let it go bud..it's the least of my worries right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
You don't believe in the team anymore?
well I had reason they could possibly make it through 2 rounds and beyond. Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose don't scare me. Now take out Kopitar+Williams and it becomes a different story. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

Old
03-27-2011, 01:08 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post

Agree with with you!

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:15 AM
The Butcher
**** your team

So tired of the negativity. I've been playing and following this game for over 20 years and I've seen a lot of stuff go down. I know that alot of us, as kings fans, have been conditioned to expect the worst, but geez, have a little faith.

The people that are claiming the season is over are the same people saying that the season was over at the end of that horrendous home stand and the lot of you make me sick. The handful of us that stood up and said this team could pull through then are the same group saying they can do it now. If you think our season is over I think it's time you head over to the Laker or Dodger boards.

This is a huge blow to our team but you still have to play the games and quite frankly the pessimistic attitude on here is embarassing.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote