HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Stars @ Preds - "I'll sleep when I'm Dead"

Old
03-26-2011, 10:57 PM
AdmiralsFan24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Obviously couldn't see the game but the crowd sounded awesome and really into the game on the radio.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Top 6 Spaling

What a game! thoughts:

The crowd was nuts. It was great to be a part of that group. We really brought it and the guys responded.

Fisher was a monster, and I'm not just saying that because he scored twice. He worked hard and played great D, as well as scoring. I think that may have been a very good trade for us.

I usually hate Klein. Like, a lot. But he really proved me wrong tonight. He made great play after great play while limiting mistakes. I was very, very impressed. Well done KK.

On the flip side, Franson was disappointing. He is really slow, and made a few bad mistakes. Everyone has off nights, and this was his.

Rinne didn't play his best game. It easily could have been 4-1 after the first on a few that he missed and went just wide. Luckily, bad Rinne is still an average NHLer, but he needs to play better than that if we want to win in the playoffs. Then again, he's put the team on his back all year, so I can't complain.

Refs were brutal tonight. Just brutal.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 03-27-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Pred303

if you're a fan of a cinderella story (and what sports fan isn't?) this. is. freaking. awesome...

how could anyone not love this team? we're doing this without a 'first line', we're doing this with the youngest roster in the entire league, we're doing this with the lowest payroll in the league, we're doing this with 5 of our opening night starters on long term injured reserve, we're doing this with at least 5-6 players playing key minutes and roles that probably couldn't make the the wings, canucks, or sharks frigging roster.

we're doing this with plain out effort and everyone having a well-defined role and going out and playing that role to the best of their ability. we're doing this with the hockey establishment and most fans asking "who are these guys?""

man do i love hockey.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:38 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
if you're a fan of a cinderella story (and what sports fan isn't?) this. is. freaking. awesome...

how could anyone not love this team? we're doing this without a 'first line', we're doing this with the youngest roster in the entire league, we're doing this with the lowest payroll in the league, we're doing this with 5 of our opening night starters on long term injured reserve, we're doing this with at least 5-6 players playing key minutes and roles that probably couldn't make the the wings, canucks, or sharks frigging roster.

we're doing this with plain out effort and everyone having a well-defined role and going out and playing that role to the best of their ability. we're doing this with the hockey establishment and most fans asking "who are these guys?""

man do i love hockey.
This is such a wonderful (and true) posting!! Do you mind if I copy and place on my facebook wall, Pred303?? I want to rub in a little "I told you so" for the MANY titans only people in my everyday life. I don't know if those talking about "the beachball" heard Willy, but the object Tom was describing was a hat as someone thought Spals was Mike Fisher, and that he actually scored on that breakaway. UNBELIEVEABLY LOUD, RAUCUS CROWD AT THE BRIDGE!! 2 STANDING O's..the first not even during a t.v. time out. MAN, DO I LOVE HOCKEY ALSO!!!!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Pred303

stat to stop and ponder for the day..

in this 6 game winning streak, david legwand has now scored 6 goals, has 9 points, is a +7, and has played an average of over 22 minutes per game against the other 6 teams top line center defensively. like him or hate him, he's saved the season

Old
03-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Refs were brutal tonight. Just brutal.

Yeah, I had to ask the folks behind me if maybe the refs were under the impression Dallas is an Original 6 team.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:42 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
stat to stop and ponder for the day..

in this 6 game winning streak, david legwand has now scored 6 goals, has 9 points, is a +7, and has played an average of over 22 minutes per game against the other 6 teams top line center defensively. like him or hate him, he's saved the season
Really I think this proves what many already thought. When Legwand is on the team wins. It seems to have been that way for years. Now if only had some consistency.

I've been highly critical of Fisher but I have admitted if this team is going to have real success in the playoffs were going to need Fish to contribute. Here's hoping this is the start of him picking it up offensively.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:49 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
The Radio said sellout, but I'll take anything above 16,000 on a saturday night.
It was def a sellout.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:16 AM
SK74 Snipes

don't shoot me, but Klein is playing a LOT better lately. He finally doesn't looks scared and hesitant with the puck.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
don't shoot me, but Klein is playing a LOT better lately. He finally doesn't looks scared and hesitant with the puck.
I'm a well documented Klein hater. But I must admit he is getting better every game. I have been impressed lately.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:39 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I cant explain my love for this team and sport, gotta find a career in it somewhere.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 02:17 AM
TediT

Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
Two Goals From Mike Fisher? What In The Hell Is Going On
He's been playing really banged up for quite awhile. Hopefully he's about 100%, and can now turn it up. I like what I'm seeing!

TediT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:14 AM
roseyc

Now that's the Mike Fisher I seen play with Ottawa. What a game. You see what he brings when he plays like that. Not just that he scored and maybe the monkey's off his back. But his overall game was great. The way he took that guy down with the puck that showed his strength. Diving into the bench to avoid too many men on the ice an almost hat trick. I've been critcal of Legwand but nice hustle goal to tie it. I don't mind the empty net goals that means we win all his empty nets. SOB with the stand up for his goalie and not letting Dallas thinking they could push around and later Weber and Suter cleaning out the net on the same play now that playoff hockey right there. The refing was absolutely pitiful. I mean it's obvious that the league doesn't want us to make the cup finals but a balant trip and that call on Suter is one of most worst calls I've ever seen. Hooking! come on it was a shoulder to shoulder check and his stick never touch the player. We won despite the bad calls but the bad calls kept Dallas in the game. Poile needs to complain with the league about this. Belak was right that call shouldn't be made with 2 minutes to go it always never happens. What is this the NBA. Belak is just hilarious. His quote saying that Fisher scores when his wife's not in town cracked me up. Just keep it up we are playoff bound.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:15 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Good game by him, good game by SOB. Klein showed some speed a few times, didn't realize he had those sort of wheels.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:23 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
It was def a sellout.
16,8...almost.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:23 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I'm a well documented Klein hater. But I must admit he is getting better every game. I have been impressed lately.
Pairing him with Blum has been a huge boost.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Pairing him with Blum has been a huge boost.
It's amazing to watch blum. people have been excited about him for a while, and it's easy to see why. i don't know how he feels, but he acts cool as a cucumber.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
This game should not been nearly as close. We physically manhandled Dallas and beat them in most aspects of the game. Looking at the stats we have 24 hits to their 13 and 22 takeaways to their 11. We also won 57% of faceoffs.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:13 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
This game should not been nearly as close. We physically manhandled Dallas and beat them in most aspects of the game. Looking at the stats we have 24 hits to their 13 and 22 takeaways to their 11. We also won 57% of faceoffs.
That's what happens when a missed penalty call by the refs leads directly to a Dallas goal.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:41 AM
token grinder

i think some here need to dig up gdt from 3 weeks or so ago and regain some balance. this win streak in nice, but are we peaking too soon?

having said that, a point tuesday and a chicago victory over detroit puts the division back in play. still alot of what ifs, but it could happen.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
hockey diva

Oh I was hot about that non call on the trip. That was complete and utter garbage.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Sport club stats has Nashville at 96.2% change of getting into the playoffs with a 4% change of getting the #8 seed if they stop scoring any more wins or loser points.

If the Preds win another game their odds of getting the #8 seed jump to 29% each win is a massive jump in odds.

97 pts puts Nashville at a 94-95% lock for the playoffs and 98 is 99% so those are the magic numbers.

If the Howard injury is serious (Listed as DTD now) and Detroit drops like a rock the division could be interesting. if the Preds are 3 pts back when they meet Detroit and they win the game, the division is Nashville's because of the next three for both Nashville and Detroit. Detroit will have one more game with Chicago and Nashville has three possible cupcakes in STL, ATL, and CBJ.

All I'm saying is this. If Nashville says hot and Detroit falls to within 3 pts at the NSH v. DET game, whoa momma.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
I'd like to think we're playing for 4th right now.

While it's fun to dream about a Division title, and our first banner to hang in the arena... I'd really like to lock down a playoff spot as well.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:48 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

We've knocked at the door of the division lead a couple of times this season, and each time we've found a way to start losing. I prefer to just ignore the division rankings until one day I wake up and realize we're in first

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Pred303

just wanted to take a second and see if it still felt as good this morning.. and the answer is yep, it does.

couple of very random thoughts..

..shame we couldn't have given away 200 more tickets to make that one an 'official' sellout.

..those that know me, know that i rarely complain about the officiating, you simply have to treat calls as part of the bounces/breaks/luck of the game. for these last two critical games though, we have basically been hosed, with every even close to questionable call going against us. the erat no call what should have been a penalty shot, the ward trip in the anaheim game, followed by the blatent weber trip, and the suter 'hooking' were at huge,key times of both games.

..i'm not much of a conspiracy theorist type of guy. i refuse to believe officials make/don't make calls against us because they don't want us in the race. what i do believe though, is that because we are who we are, a small market, resented by many, southern team, with few 'name' players, that we don't always/usually get the benefit of calls. calls that 'should' go our way, oftentimes don't. i highly resent that.

..winning, 'despite' officiating, makes it feel even sweeter.

..what a great core group of fans we have. we have about 8000 that are among the most vocal, supportive group in the league. these 8000 odd people oftentimes pick this team up and carry it and the other 8000 odd attendees along with them on their shoulders.

..the best day to win a game on is typically saturday night. that way you normally have 3 days to sort of bask in and relish the glory of the win until it all starts again the next tuesday.

..win tuesday and things really get even more 'interesting'. if we beat vancouver, i will officially start getting greedy for where i think we can finish.

..having said that though, every game we play has the same sort of 'feel' to it because of how we play hockey. people will scream "they play better against the good teams than they do the bad teams!?!?". and blame that on how we approach any specific game. the truth is though, is the way we have to play, making fewer mistakes than the opposing team, playing every single game super close to the vest, and hoping we catch breaks means that virtually every game is the same. we can beat anyone (except the flames/kings it seems), but we can lose to anyone as well. all it takes is a couple of breaks to not go our way most nights. that matters not whether it's against Edmonton or Detroit, against Colorado or Vancouver. we simply don't have enough raw talent to win on talent alone, against anybody.

...but that's what makes it all so exciting with this team. the unknown. the unexpected. the near impossible. the highly unlikely. lol, we do those things on a nightly basis with this little band of brothers.