HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars @ Preds - "I'll sleep when I'm Dead"

Old
03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
hatedandproud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sport club stats has Nashville at 96.2% change of getting into the playoffs with a 4% change of getting the #8 seed if they stop scoring any more wins or loser points.

If the Preds win another game their odds of getting the #8 seed jump to 29% each win is a massive jump in odds.

97 pts puts Nashville at a 94-95% lock for the playoffs and 98 is 99% so those are the magic numbers.

If the Howard injury is serious (Listed as DTD now) and Detroit drops like a rock the division could be interesting. if the Preds are 3 pts back when they meet Detroit and they win the game, the division is Nashville's because of the next three for both Nashville and Detroit. Detroit will have one more game with Chicago and Nashville has three possible cupcakes in STL, ATL, and CBJ.

All I'm saying is this. If Nashville says hot and Detroit falls to within 3 pts at the NSH v. DET game, whoa momma.
Whoa there BFC!! I know you said "possible cupcakes," but if anybody thinks stl & cbj are going to be easy games, then you need to re-evaluate. You KNOW both of them would like nothing better than to beat us to "influence" this team's playoff status. You also know they will goon it up.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:26 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Was there a tv timeout tribute last night? If so, when was it. I kept waiting during the 3rd period for them to come back from break and the place would be rocking, but the stars broadcast made no mention of it, but were complimentary of the crowd overall.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Oh, almost forgot. Did anyone else notice Lehtonen get injured with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd and play through it? I was lower bowl on that side and I saw him getting up really slowly. As I play goalie myself, I could see the tell-tale signs of a minor tweak while he was testing it out during whistles and what-not. Amazingly, we didn't score when he was playing at 70 ish %, and he was fine once the 3rd started. I'm happy with the win, but if something like that happens in the playoffs, we have got to take advantage.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
Whoa there BFC!! I know you said "possible cupcakes," but if anybody thinks stl & cbj are going to be easy games, then you need to re-evaluate. You KNOW both of them would like nothing better than to beat us to "influence" this team's playoff status. You also know they will goon it up.
How many games in a row have the Preds won against CBJ at home?

Also the STL game is the last game of the season and STL should be well out. How they react? Who knows but I'm just saying this. If Nashville is in a situation where they are 3 pts from Detroit playing Detroit and win. Nashville will have three games that SHOULD be wins. Detroit will have two games and a game against Chicago which is NEVER easy for them. With Howard's injury things could be interesting. I think the Preds will be short by 1-2pts from the Central because here's what I think will happen:

Nashville Sneaks up the Detroit and the game is played in Nashville.

Nashville wins and comes with 1pt of the Wings with 3 games left

Both match their records in the final three games and Detroit wins the Central by a single point.

BUUUUT, Nashville is in the 4th seed. Not the position I would want them to be. I like a Vancouver match up. I REALLY like a Detroit match up. SJ, not so much. Phoenix not so much. LAK? If Kopitar is out, maybe, but not too sure. Chicago, oh, that would be justice. beating Chicago in the 1st round and then meeting a beat up Detroit for a 2nd round win.

But that's looking ahead. Playoff spot first and then we shall see. But I think the playoffs are a lock as is. Nashville SHOULD be able to get 2-4 pts in the last few games to lock up a playoff spot.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Was there a tv timeout tribute last night? If so, when was it. I kept waiting during the 3rd period for them to come back from break and the place would be rocking, but the stars broadcast made no mention of it, but were complimentary of the crowd overall.
Yes. Couldn't tell you exactly when it was, but I was watching the Preds broadcast and it showed the tail end of it when they returned. Pete mentioned it and they were showing the 7th man banner. It was sometime late in the third, seems like maybe there was 5 minutes to go.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 03:15 PM
klt2001

Go Predators!

Mike's post interview from the game:

http://downloads.predators.nhl.com/p...NSH_Fisher.MP3

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
yeah gobears, was at about the 3:30 mark of the third.. puck stayed in play thru the 'normal' tv stoppage times right til then.. it occured despite them trying to show the weather forecast, lol. poeple just cheered right over the top of it. was actually pretty funny.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Oh, almost forgot. Did anyone else notice Lehtonen get injured with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd and play through it? I was lower bowl on that side and I saw him getting up really slowly. As I play goalie myself, I could see the tell-tale signs of a minor tweak while he was testing it out during whistles and what-not. Amazingly, we didn't score when he was playing at 70 ish %, and he was fine once the 3rd started. I'm happy with the win, but if something like that happens in the playoffs, we have got to take advantage.
Saw it too. Left knee.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
yeah gobears, was at about the 3:30 mark of the third.. puck stayed in play thru the 'normal' tv stoppage times right til then.. it occured despite them trying to show the weather forecast, lol. poeple just cheered right over the top of it. was actually pretty funny.
Yeah, that was funny. I remember thinking that the Stars fans in attendance must really think we're tweaked to be cheering about rain and thunderstorms in a weather forecast!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 06:50 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think some here need to dig up gdt from 3 weeks or so ago and regain some balance. this win streak in nice, but are we peaking too soon?

having said that, a point tuesday and a chicago victory over detroit puts the division back in play. still alot of what ifs, but it could happen.
I worry about the peaking too soon as well. Some teams peak and can keep it up for quite a while. We have a history of going 10-12 games of really good hockey, level off, start to fade, bottom out, then start the rise up again, catch our stride, hit another 10-12 games and the cycle continues. I hope this is a trend that doesn't continue and we stay hot for a good long while.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I worry about the peaking too soon as well. Some teams peak and can keep it up for quite a while. We have a history of going 10-12 games of really good hockey, level off, start to fade, bottom out, then start the rise up again, catch our stride, hit another 10-12 games and the cycle continues. I hope this is a trend that doesn't continue and we stay hot for a good long while.
I do understand and agree that this team seems to have an ebb and flow that would seem to leave them in a rut come playoff time but we as fans need to realize that the last rut was when the team took the latest glut of injuries and called up all the Ads. Other then that this team held it's ground in fourth place for a very long period even with prior injuries.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:47 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I do understand and agree that this team seems to have an ebb and flow that would seem to leave them in a rut come playoff time but we as fans need to realize that the last rut was when the team took the latest glut of injuries and called up all the Ads. Other then that this team held it's ground in fourth place for a very long period even with prior injuries.
I realize this but this goes back a few seasons as well, this isn't a new thing for them. I hope this week was a huge learning experience all the way around for them.

Old
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Hell, it goes all the way back to the 05-06 season. I just feel that the team has been much better this year and the stretches of poor play coincide with bouts of injury where there were many roster changes where the team needed to gel with the new pieces.

I could be wrong I haven't gone back and analyzed the correlation. It just seems that every time the team was doing poorly I would think, "what do you expect with all of the injuries and AHL players?".

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Hell, it goes all the way back to the 05-06 season. I just feel that the team has been much better this year and the stretches of poor play coincide with bouts of injury where there were many roster changes where the team needed to gel with the new pieces.

I could be wrong I haven't gone back and analyzed the correlation. It just seems that every time the team was doing poorly I would think, "what do you expect with all of the injuries and AHL players?".
Point taken.

Old
03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

When I see things like the kopitar injury I just shudder and keep hoping the preds players stay clear of all weber slapshots

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:37 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
When I see things like the kopitar injury I just shudder and keep hoping the preds players stay clear of all weber slapshots
Speaking of which, is it just me, or does it appear Shea has passed on a few or eased up on a few this year when we had a guy in front or on the side that wasn't clearly posted as a screen and specifically paying attn to deflect a shot?

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Firestorm

We shouldn't be naming any names so not to jinx the player.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote