HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#75: Bruins @ Flyers - Sunday, Mar. 27, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
03-28-2011, 03:19 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
We have no right to go there 2 out of the last 3 games. wash was missing arnot, their best (offensive)d man green and that other guy. pit was missing crosby, malkin and that cheapshot artist that made Mario look like a jerk. (actually Mario made Mario look like a jerk)
Each of the mentioned teams have taken their play up to a higher level since the deadline. they are already in playoff mode, Flyers are not.

It seems to me that the Flyers who have so admirably overcome last seasons loss in the finals (they had a great start in the saison) are now mentally tired.

They just don't give s ***** about regular season games any longer. I just hope that they can turn it around once the playoffs start when it really counts...

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:02 AM
MiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Each of the mentioned teams have taken their play up to a higher level since the deadline. they are already in playoff mode, Flyers are not.

It seems to me that the Flyers who have so admirably overcome last seasons loss in the finals (they had a great start in the saison) are now mentally tired.

They just don't give s ***** about regular season games any longer. I just hope that they can turn it around once the playoffs start when it really counts...
the problem is that I don't believe in magical play-off "switch"

Last edited by MiD: 03-28-2011 at 08:14 AM.
MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:21 AM
PhillyFlying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiD View Post
the problem is that I don't believe in magical play-off "switch"
i believe in the magical pronger switch.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Doyle

The Philadelphia Flyers had a pretty good week to take stock of just where they stand among the top teams in the Eastern Conference. And after Sunday night’s 2-1 regulation loss to the Boston Bruins, they shouldn’t like what they saw.

http://nhlhotstove.com/flyers-not-me...ose-to-bruins/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
MiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
i believe in the magical pronger switch.
but even with Pronger they were playing "meh hockey"

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Bruins are like 11-2-3 against the Flyers, Caps and Lightning, so they're coming to play against the teams they are expecting to have to beat.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:53 AM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
How many games is he going to cost us with elementary mistakes until he gets shipped out to Adirondack?
Really? We score 1 goal and he lets in 2 on 36 shots, and Boucher is the problem? We would have lost that game with Bob is net too. Enough of the famous old Philly mentality of everything is the goalie's fault.

We scored 1 goal. You can't expect to win games with 1 goal. Also, even if he held us to 1-1, it would have still went into OT and potentially a SO - whose fault would that have been? Still his?

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Really? We score 1 goal and he lets in 2 on 36 shots, and Boucher is the problem? We would have lost that game with Bob is net too. Enough of the famous old Philly mentality of everything is the goalie's fault.

We scored 1 goal. You can't expect to win games with 1 goal. Also, even if he held us to 1-1, it would have still went into OT and potentially a SO - whose fault would that have been? Still his?
Bigger problem there was Coburn standing there holding his D while a guy slipped between him and the goalie.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Bigger problem there was Coburn standing there holding his D while a guy slipped between him and the goalie.
Yeah, there are a lot of "big" problems...yet so many people still tend to always point to the goalie as being the reason we lost. If we could get to the SCF with Leighton, clearly goaltending isn't everything...we didn't rely on it last year.

Maybe, Chris Pronger will bring his "DUH, WINNING" shirt to the playoffs and spur on a miracle...speaking of which, has everyone seen the Charlie Sheen FB page, where he posted it?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/CharlieSheen

Old
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post

Mentally tired? This team is doing exactly what it does each year. Team psychologist might be necessary.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Mentally tired? This team is doing exactly what it does each year. Team psychologist might be necessary.
I'm surprised you haven't caught this yet....about your fav player and some things being the same

Washington
G A Pts
0 0 0

Pitt
G A Pts
0 0 0

Boston
G A Pts
0 0 0

Pitt (3/29)
TBD

Guess who?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I'm surprised you haven't caught this yet....about your fav player and some things being the same

Washington
G A Pts
0 0 0

Pitt
G A Pts
0 0 0

Boston
G A Pts
0 0 0

Pitt (3/29)
TBD

Guess who?
Clearly Zherdev.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:38 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Clearly Zherdev.
Awesome....

Old
03-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Clearly Zherdev.
You know things are bad when people will actually refer to Zherdev as a possible savior to the team.

Cartsie is getting into playoff form.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
You know things are bad when people will actually refer to Zherdev as a possible savior to the team.

Cartsie is getting into playoff form.
He isn't there yet. He still needs to break four more bones and throw out a major joint.

Old
03-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Jester

Carter was also a beast against the Caps... but that's another matter.

Old
03-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Carter was also a beast against the Caps... but that's another matter.
Players only have value if they're putting up points, there are no other aspects to the game.

Duh.

Old
03-28-2011, 12:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
He isn't there yet. He still needs to break four more bones and throw out a major joint.

He did have a good game against the caps despite being off the scoresheet...also he is supposedly playing with a bad hand now. Nevertheless, would be nice if he factored on the scoresheet considering everybody else is MIA in this stretch like Briere....

Old
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
He did have a good game against the caps despite being off the scoresheet...also he is supposedly playing with a bad hand now. Nevertheless, would be nice if he factored on the scoresheet considering everybody else is MIA in this stretch like Briere....
Maybe Flyers fans can start Booing Briere again at the games, then start 13 threads about how valuable he is come playoffs....ZZzzzZZZzz

same old song. Briere doesn't produce. Carter is only 80% healthy and our goaltending is why we lose.

Flyers fans need a new song...

Old
03-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Jester

Quote:
BTW, his career numbers against Washington and Pittsburgh are pretty good... so normal for him against those teams is to produce. He's struggled against Boston, but most of our current team has. Tim Thomas has incredible numbers against the Flyers.

Old
03-28-2011, 12:15 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan
While in no way seeing or touting Zherdev as a saviour, I would definitely like to see him in the line-up for a few of the final games, merely as a fresh set of legs. No matter what the standings, some players need a bit of a lie-down and players like Zherdev, Gustaffson and, to a lesser degree, Syvret, can take a couple of games.

Before the Zherdev battle lines are drawn, let me summarize the 12 pages of posts I anticipate:
- He can potentially help what's become a rather anemic offense of late, but his linemates will need to pick up his defensive shortcomings.
- Laviolette may well have a laundry list of reasons why Zherdev should never again wear the orange & black, with/despite him being deemed expendable enough to be waived, and supported by the fact that no other GM opted to pick him up for a playoff run; not being privy to these details, I objectively recommend his return to the roster on spot duty.
- Zherdev's presence on the ice should not interfere with your completely justified position that the number 1 reason this team is looking so bad of late is Carter/Carle/Boucher/Laviolette/Richards/Holmgren/Timonen - no, can't ever be Timonen!/locker-room discord/the situation in Japan/Bettman.
- Relax, everyone, they are just saving themselves for the playoffs. They should all be wearing purity rings with images of the Stanley Cup on them.
- This team will be out in 3 games in the first round!!!

That should about cover it.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 12:18 PM
BernieParent

Quote:

Carter in playoff shape:

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
No actually but have some left over from earlier in the week..I make a mean SAUCE....I don't get mixed up in the gravy vs sauce italian american debate though. I say it like they do in the old country...
In South Philly it's gravy. In the old country it's sauce. Since I'm not currently in the old country, I use local speak.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote