HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread 10 "Nerd Business"

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post
That jersey is so fake

Old
03-27-2011, 08:17 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...id=0&id=104984

I just saw this before. I feel if this went on at MSG, the crowd would riot and start booing anyone and anything.

Old
03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Yeah, understandable. I'm one that hangs out before and sometimes after not only to get autographs, but talk with a lot of the people that are there also that I know. Part of the experience with going to the game IMO. Still fun even if I don't get anything signed.

Gonna be tough to get that Maccarone signature again too if they had given you a jersey
Same here, I generally go early and I don't stay after that often (used to be the opposite) but I really just go to socialize and talk to people/friends. I'd venture to guess that we've talked or atleast would recognize each other

Old
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I can't stand the main boards. Apparently we trap the most out of any team in the league and we have nothing but third liners. Also Thomas is the greatest goalie to grace this earth.

Is it just me or are people just stupid? I'm fine living in the HFNYR bubble.

Old
03-27-2011, 08:59 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
Same here, I generally go early and I don't stay after that often (used to be the opposite) but I really just go to socialize and talk to people/friends. I'd venture to guess that we've talked or atleast would recognize each other
Most likely at some point. I haven't been there much of late though as opposed to early in the season where I was basically there every other game. We've had to have run into each other at some point though because I've talked with everyone that's a regular there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I can't stand the main boards. Apparently we trap the most out of any team in the league and we have nothing but third liners. Also Thomas is the greatest goalie to grace this earth.

Is it just me or are people just stupid? I'm fine living in the HFNYR bubble.
When people see blocked shots, low shot totals, and no goals, they automatically think it's the trap. Up until the final 10 minutes yesterday, the Rangers had 2 or even 3 guys forechecking hard. There's no point going over to the main board and arguing, gets you no where.

Old
03-27-2011, 09:12 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:

I just saw this before. I feel if this went on at MSG, the crowd would riot and start booing anyone and anything.
Same thing happened in buffalo, Rioting actually DID ensue

Old
03-27-2011, 09:20 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Same thing happened in buffalo, Rioting actually DID ensue
Link? Kinda wanna see it now

D-2 is on ESPN Classic right now. Love that movie.

Old
03-27-2011, 09:37 PM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Forgetting Sarah Marshall's on. Pretty good movie.

Old
03-27-2011, 10:20 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Random but whatever happened to the creeper bar at the top showing us who was viewing the forum? It made a brief comeback but disappeared again.

Old
03-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

I'm watching FSM as well. Great movie.

Old
03-27-2011, 10:34 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Random but whatever happened to the creeper bar at the top showing us who was viewing the forum? It made a brief comeback but disappeared again.
It never said anyone was there other than yourself anyway, not really that helpful to us stalkers

Old
03-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Ail
k.

Must be something in the air.

Old
03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Going so OT it's now even funny:

What is the retail price on iPads and (the largest) iPod in the US? My gf's going to NY and LA now and I'm trying to find out if I'll save anything at all by buying it over there or if I should put something else on the wishlist

Old
03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
The OT Thread will not die on my watch. I have seen it wither away in to what it is today, it is time to return it back to its glory!

Funny Animals! What you got on that ****?

Old
03-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
My car got stolen from in front of my apartment in Flushing 3 weeks ago, and in my car was my white Lundqvist jersey with every Rangers autograph on it from the last 4 years. I figured I'd never get the car back because it was a civic and tons of people told me civics are stolen all the time for parts. Well, I got a phone call from the 25th precinct in Harlem a few hours ago and they found the car! Two kids were in the car parked in front of a fire hydrant where the cop said there's drug deals frequently, so he approached them and they took off in my car, going in the wrong direction down Madison. The cops had a tough time catching up to them because of traffic, so the 2 kids got out of the car and ran on foot and left the car. They didn't catch the 2 *******s but they got my car! Unfortunately, the only thing (aside from stuff like the EZPass and loose change) they stole was my bag with my Lundqvist jersey in it The car was found with a whole bunch of GPS's in it and it smelled horrible of smoke, but the rest of my stuff (my skates, baseball glove, CD player, etc.) were all still in the car. I'll probably be more upset about the Ranger jersey tomorrow but I'm thrilled they found the car!
Happy, and surprised, to hear that!

My Civic got stolen in Yonkers a few years ago. I got it back minus a few parts.

Luckily, I had almost everything I needed to rebuild and put another 100K on it before moving on to another project.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Happy, and surprised, to hear that!

My Civic got stolen in Yonkers a few years ago. I got it back minus a few parts.

Luckily, I had almost everything I needed to rebuild and put another 100K on it before moving on to another project.
I wasn't expecting anyone to find the car, but if it was found that's pretty much how I was expecting to find it haha. Cleaned it up yesterday, vacuumed, dusted, washed it, got some air fresheners, and the car is probably in the best shape it's been since I got it 6 years ago

Old
03-28-2011, 02:12 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:

im in my house and i boo'ed and almost put a chair thru the wall with a broken hand

Old
03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Close to getting my first car. My aunt owns an auto shop so she has a 2006 Hyundai Elantra that she's selling for 5 grand, but for me it's $3500. Only 67000 miles on it, nothing needs to be fixed, gonna check it out later this week, "CAN'T WAIT!".

Old
03-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:

What is the retail price on iPads and (the largest) iPod in the US? My gf's going to NY and LA now and I'm trying to find out if I'll save anything at all by buying it over there or if I should put something else on the wishlist
Cheaper than anywhere in Europe I'll tell you that plus she'll get the money she spent on taxes back at the airport. Also, the iPad 2 is almost impossible to find in both of those cities right now. Maybe in a few week that will be different.

BTW, I just got into Holy Cross. So excited. I'm almost positive I will be going there in the fall!

Old
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Cheaper than anywhere in Europe I'll tell you that plus she'll get the money she spent on taxes back at the airport. Also, the iPad 2 is almost impossible to find in both of those cities right now. Maybe in a few week that will be different.

BTW, I just got into Holy Cross. So excited. I'm almost positive I will be going there in the fall!

But seriously congratulations, no more Vanillanova now?

Old
03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Quote:

Thank you

And congrats on Holy Cross. That's huge!

Old
03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:

Just make sure she doesn't buy it in Chinatown or on Canal Street. They love to rip off tourists.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post

But seriously congratulations, no more Vanillanova now?

Thanks man. I thought it through and I think HC would be the better fit for me. I hear the campus is beautiful and well the parties are just amazing. Also, it's a bit harder to get into and I like the pre-med/business programs there.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:

Congrats!

Old
03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Quote:

Thanks man. I thought it through and I think HC would be the better fit for me. I hear the campus is beautiful and well the parties are just amazing. Also, it's a bit harder to get into and I like the pre-med/business programs there.
Bill Simmons approves.

Closed Thread