HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov Not Satisfied With Production This Season

Old
03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Good mindset not to be satisfied after only 2 seasons in the NHL. He's developed well so far. It's nice to see the Rangers develop a young Russian forward and have him stick around. It's been a long time. I love how the Rangers have some size at center now with Anisimov and Boyle.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I thinkk AA has way more upside than dubi and cally. I think dubi has peaked and cally will still improve a bit, AA has a shot at first liner.
Think Dubi has the most upside of the bunch. Cally has maxed out, which isn't a bad thing.

I think AA is forever going to be limited by the slow release to his shot.

Great to see he has the want-to and the vision to become better though.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 01:47 PM
PawelW007

I like to hear this, because honestly I still think that he still needs a lot of work to become an effective NHL player.

PawelW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I don't really know what to think of this — I like the idea that he wants to improve, but I think he's putting way too much pressure on himself. He's nowhere near the caliber of those players; maybe he could be Datsyuk-lite, but that's if he plays to all the talent level he has. He's more of a 1B two-way type of player. He'll be an excellent 2nd line center on a contending team in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I thinkk AA has way more upside than dubi and cally. I think dubi has peaked and cally will still improve a bit, AA has a shot at first liner.
How has Dubinsky peaked, yet Callahan will improve? He's older than Dubi.

All of these players have 60(+) point abilities. Dubinsky, at worst, will be a reliable 2nd line winger who can put up 55 points while playing a very physical game. Callahan the same, but with more goals, and he's better defensively.

Anisimov is a little harder to gauge, imo — he has a lot of raw talent, but he has terrible stamina, which can lead to a lack of footspeed; therefore, it takes away from his defensive game, because he has some problems backchecking when he can't get down the ice. He'll put in the effort, but sometimes, he just doesn't have that extra gear to get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawelW007 View Post
I like to hear this, because honestly I still think that he still needs a lot of work to become an effective NHL player.
He already is an "effective" NHL player. A two-way 45 point center is a nice piece to have. One that has a ton of room to improve is even nicer.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
and right now he's...?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I can't see myself putting "1st line, 2nd line" etc limits on players anymore after seeing Cally completely destroy that type of thinking.

"He'll be a 4th line grinder!
"Oh maybe he has enough offense to be a third liner!"
"Man I love this kid, give him the C!"
"Wow, he's putting up 2nd line numbers now."

The sky is the limit for Arty if he wants it, especially if he works on his skating, and as he learns when to stick handle and when to shoot.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:46 PM
HockeyBurd*

Well I'd be quite disappointed if he were happy about his "successes" this season. Hopefully he's one of those that walks the walk. And there's good evidence that he is given the efforts he makes in the off season to improve on his shots and to integrate moves and particular mentality in to his game. He makes a concerted effort at times to b-line it right to the net or the slot area. It's a thing of beauty when he plays that way. The notion that he might continue to infuse the "right mentality" into his game consistently is a tantalizing concept. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I can't see myself putting "1st line, 2nd line" etc limits on players anymore after seeing Cally completely destroy that type of thinking.
Players destroy that type of thinking all the time... on both side of the coin. But fans simply love dumbed down labels. They're simply too easy not to use them.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I would be really upset if he said he said he was satisfied with his season. This is the mindset he should have. Thatta boy Arty.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
and right now he's...?
Anisomov is a shmuck, no better word to describe it. Consistently falling, getting pushed off the puck, bad defensively (although improved), and goes through scoring droughts. I should have phrased my original post a little better, effective and consistent.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Anisomov is ... bad defensively
You probably haven't seen many Rangers games this season. Anisimov is the Russian player. He wears #42.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Metal Militia

vCash: 50
Quote:
bad defensively
what?

...sometimes i wonder what people are watching

Metal Militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
You probably haven't seen many Rangers games this season. Anisimov is the Russian player. He wears #42.

No yea I've been watching and I didn't stutter. Always late detecting on the puck, especially when it gets spun around, he doesn't have the type of speed to get a beat on any passes either. I will say he uses his frame well to get in lanes when he gets back in time.

Edit: play a game next time you watch a Ranger game: The game is called " How many time will Anisomov hit the ice for no good reason"

Last edited by PawelW007: 03-28-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old
03-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Anisomov is a shmuck, no better word to describe it. Consistently falling, getting pushed off the puck, bad defensively (although improved), and goes through scoring droughts. I should have phrased my original post a little better, effective and consistent.
Who are you and how do we make you go away? You couldn't be any more off the reservation on this one.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:07 PM
GodlyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

"He'll be a 4th line grinder!
"Oh maybe he has enough offense to be a third liner!"
"Man I love this kid, give him the C!"
"Wow, he's putting up 2nd line numbers now."

The sky is the limit for Arty if he wants it, especially if he works on his skating, and as he learns when to stick handle and when to shoot.
This.

and to add...

a lot of you have been talking about players having a hard cap on their production.

They are people and not machines.

GodlyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:10 PM
GodlyRangers

I'm really glad he didn't mention Crysby as a player he looks up to

GodlyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:13 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
No yea I've been watching and I didn't stutter. Always late detecting on the puck, especially when it gets spun around, he doesn't have the type of speed to get a beat on any passes either. I will say he uses his frame well to get in lanes when he gets back in time.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

Quote:
While, perhaps, not as high profile as Del Zotto, the 21 year-old Anisimov also lived up to his billing as one of the organization’s building blocks for the present and future with a strong rookie year. Anisimov was the tenth leading scorer among all NHL rookies this season with 28 points, while his 12 goals ranked ninth among the league’s freshmen.

What impressed the Rangers’ coaching staff the most about the 6-foot-4 Russian was his strong defensive play, and his smart play away from the puck. The coaching staff often referred to Anisimov as one of the smartest players on the team throughout the year.

“The reason why we kept playing him even when he wasn’t scoring is because Artie was so reliable defensively and so smart with the puck, making smart decisions,” explained Tortorella.
This is from last year. You clearly have no idea what you are watching.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:

Nothing else can describe this.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Who are you and how do we make you go away? You couldn't be any more off the reservation on this one.
Thats pretty mean to say just because you disagree with my assessment.

I think he has great upside to his game, but in my opinion, He has A LOT of crap to work on.

Doesn't score consistently
Soft
Slow in his own zone, has solid position though
Slow skater

I think he benefits a lot from Dubi's and Cally's assertiveness.

I'll admit I have a bias, I never really liked him much.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

This is from last year. You clearly have no idea what you are watching.
I think he is solid with the puck, he's not a dumb player. He loses battles against the boards in the Rangers zone on a consistent basis. He doesn't hit anyone or anything. He's not a fast guy laterally. Slow skater for a 22 year old center who doesn't weigh much.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Jim Ramsay

Quote:

I think he has great upside to his game, but in my opinion, He has A LOT of crap to work on.

Soft
Slow skater

He may have a lot of 'crap' to work on, but I don't see how you can knock a guy so much when his stats have increased every year.

Nevermind the fact that he is still a few years younger than Dubinsky and Callahan, he is 22 years old for crying out loud. I think some people need to realize that not every center in the league can be a first liner

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:

Soft
Slow skater

He had 26 points in his rookie season. Right now this season he has 41 and will probably end up with about 45. Thats a 20 point jump in production from a 21-22 year old.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Aside from his ability to detect the puck at his feet and his acceleration at the tail end of a shift,there is very little to complain about with this kid. His faceoffs will improve, and you can do worse than 43%. Like Stepan's 37%.

He is as close to a complete package as you are likely to find in the 2nd round, especially at the center position.

03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha15 View Post
He may have a lot of 'crap' to work on, but I don't see how you can knock a guy so much when his stats have increased every year.

Nevermind the fact that he is still a few years younger than Dubinsky and Callahan, he is 22 years old for crying out loud. I think some people need to realize that not every center in the league can be a first liner

I guess my expectation are a little high from hearing all the hype out of camp three years ago and he is serviceable and improving. But I think he is a dope on the ice. I guess its only his second year, maybe I should cut him some more slack. I admit this, but you can't tell me I didn't bring up some valid points.

He is slow, doesn't finish, and again ALTHOUGH IMPROVING, I don;t think he's there defensively. I've presented my opinion, understand its not a popular one but thats fine.

Old
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
I guess my expectation are a little high from hearing all the hype out of camp three years ago and he is serviceable and improving. But I think he is a dope on the ice. I guess its only his second year, maybe I should cut him some more slack. I admit this, but you can't tell me I didn't bring up some valid points.

He is slow, doesn't finish, and again ALTHOUGH IMPROVING, I don;t think he's there defensively. I've presented my opinion, understand its not a popular one but thats fine.
I have plenty negative to say about Anisimov. I'm even one of the few who is disappointed with his season (glad he's on board with that). But defense is one of the few areas I can't make a peep about. He's a good defensive center. One of the better defensive forwards on the team for sure. I'd imagine it's what he prides himself on and is one of the primary contributing factors to why he has difficulty finding that offensive intensity that most of us crave.