HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov Not Satisfied With Production This Season

Old
03-28-2011, 05:26 PM
rangersfan111

vCash: 500
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan will be a solid second line for a few years at the least and they will most likely make a combined 10 million. That is pretty cheap for one of the best second lines in the NHL. Ya I said it. Those three will only improve with experience and with experience comes chemistry.

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Anisimov is a schmuck? Did I seriously just read that? Wow, some incredible analysis of his game here in this thread.

Anyway, hard to dislike this kid. He already has a strong two-way game, and the offense continues to blossom. He has been a different player since the deadline, with the specter of being dealt no longer looming. While he needs to add strength, he has shown a great ability to take the puck to the net. As he gets stronger, he's going to be great at bull-rushing the puck towards the cage.

He has a fantastic wrist shot as well, once he gets it off. I'd like to see him work to improve that release a bit. Maybe he can get some pointers from Gaborik.

Nothing needs to be said about his defensive game. It's just great for a player his age.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:03 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawelW007 View Post
I guess my expectation are a little high from hearing all the hype out of camp three years ago and he is serviceable and improving. But I think he is a dope on the ice. I guess its only his second year, maybe I should cut him some more slack. I admit this, but you can't tell me I didn't bring up some valid points.

He is slow, doesn't finish, and again ALTHOUGH IMPROVING, I don;t think he's there defensively. I've presented my opinion, understand its not a popular one but thats fine.
opinions can be wrong too.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:13 PM
TreeSapLlama

Bold(ish) Prediction: Anisimov will be better then Jordan Staal. I really love the way his game has developed. The rangers will regret it if they trade him. If Boyle shifts to wing, Richards - Stepan - Anisimov down the middle sounds potentially awesome to me. Stepan - Anisimov - Boyle doesn't sound too bad either (in one or two more years of development)

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
Bold(ish) Prediction: Anisimov will be better then Jordan Staal. I really love the way his game has developed. The rangers will regret it if they trade him. If Boyle shifts to wing, Richards - Stepan - Anisimov down the middle sounds potentially awesome to me. Stepan - Anisimov - Boyle doesn't sound too bad either (in one or two more years of development)
thats a fairly bold prediction. I Love AA, but Jordan Staal is a stud...hes sorta the forgotten man behind Crosby and Malkin, but he'd be a top 2 center on most other teams in the NHL, including ours.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:16 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
thats a fairly bold prediction. I Love AA, but Jordan Staal is on a whole other level imho.
Yeah, Arties just a schmuck

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Yeah, Arties just a schmuck
whoever said schmuck? Staal plays as good a 2-way game as AA does, and has the strength to go with the size that AA doesnt. hes also a tenacious forechecker whereas AA can get muscled off of pucks (though hes gotten MUCH better)

i dont see how preferring Staal denigrates AA at all....Staal has scored at least 20 goals every season in the NHL playing 3rd line minutes (outside of this one because he missed half the year). Staal is also one of the best PKers out there. (AA is good, Staal is better)

Old
03-28-2011, 06:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
whoever said schmuck? Staal plays as good a 2-way game as AA does, and has the strength to go with the size that AA doesnt. hes also a tenacious forechecker whereas AA can get muscled off of pucks (though hes gotten MUCH better)

i dont see how preferring Staal denigrates AA at all....Staal has scored at least 20 goals every season in the NHL playing 3rd line minutes (outside of this one because he missed half the year). Staal is also one of the best PKers out there. (AA is good, Staal is better)
I think hp was just poking fun at the guy earlier in the thread who actually did say that Anisimov was a schmuck.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think hp was just poking fun at the guy earlier in the thread who actually did say that Anisimov was a schmuck.
heh, didnt notice that...i can't keep up with all these posts, its like a full time job...and i already have one of those

Old
03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
I guess my expectation are a little high from hearing all the hype out of camp three years ago and he is serviceable and improving. But I think he is a dope on the ice. I guess its only his second year, maybe I should cut him some more slack. I admit this, but you can't tell me I didn't bring up some valid points.

He is slow, doesn't finish, and again ALTHOUGH IMPROVING, I don;t think he's there defensively. I've presented my opinion, understand its not a popular one but thats fine.

Seriously, you called a "schmuck" and "dope" one of Rangers better players in short and hopefully long term, one of the classiest representative of the organization since the day he was drafted, who did not do or say a single thing that could have been held against him professionally.

And then you get offended and defend it by saying that it's your "opinion"?

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Seriously, you called a "schmuck" and "dope" one of Rangers better players in short and hopefully long term, one of the classiest representative of the organization since the day he was drafted, who did not do or say a single thing that could have been held against him professionally.

And then you get offended and defend it by saying that it's your "opinion"?
I think the fact that he called one of the smarter positional players on our team a "dope" on the ice tells us all we need to know about his hockey knowledge.

Old
03-28-2011, 07:52 PM
NY Ranger86

love it.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:35 PM
PawelW007

I expected this kind of reaction, and let me say I honestly hope my assessment of Anisomov is wrong and its just my strong dislike of soft European players that has clouded my vision. If he scores 25, gains some muscle and stops squandering scoring opportunities next year I have no problem saying " I was wrong about this kid"

I'm not saying lets not resign him at the end of this year or lets demote him to the 4th line I just don't think he's anything special either. Schmuck and dope may have been a bit on the harsher side but the guys a klutz, no doubt about it. If some of you haven't noticed that by the 76th game of this season, then I don't know what to tell you.

PS: Its funny how the second you have an opinion that goes against one of the "fan favorites" everyone starts to berate you. No matter how silly you think posts have been in this thread, one person hasn't quoted any of my posts and said

"Well true maybe his skating does need work or yea he needs to work on his_____, but you're wrong about the defensive side of things and this is why..."

PawelW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Anisimov has 70 points in him a la Mikko Koivu if he can find his game consistently. I want to see the follow up interview where he gives his book review of Hitchhiker's Guide.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I expected this kind of reaction, and let me say I honestly hope my assessment of Anisomov is wrong and its just my strong dislike of soft European players that has clouded my vision. If he scores 25, gains some muscle and stops squandering scoring opportunities next year I have no problem saying " I was wrong about this kid"

I'm not saying lets not resign him at the end of this year or lets demote him to the 4th line I just don't think he's anything special either. Schmuck and dope may have been a bit on the harsher side but the guys a klutz, no doubt about it. If some of you haven't noticed that by the 76th game of this season, then I don't know what to tell you.

PS: Its funny how the second you have an opinion that goes against one of the "fan favorites" everyone starts to berate you. No matter how silly you think posts have been in this thread, one person hasn't quoted any of my posts and said

"Well true maybe his skating does need work or yea he needs to work on his_____, but you're wrong about the defensive side of things and this is why..."
When you make a statement calling him a schmuck, it immediately calls into question your ability to evaluate a player. And then you wonder why no one debates the rest of your points? It's on you, not everyone else. Choose your words more carefully and this doesn't happen.

If I say, "Marc Staal is a crappy defenseman," then list off some things I don't like about him, I wouldn't expect anyone to debate the merits of my observations. I'd expect to get slammed for making an asinine statement to lead off. And rightfully so.

Plenty of people have discussed his strong positional play and excellent defensive work in this thread. They didn't quote you in doing so because your initial post was silly. Doesn't mean the arguments against your position aren't there. They're all over the thread in fact. Opinions, observations and quotes from the coaching staff.

Old
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'd rank the play of our forwards in their own zone as follows;

1. Callahan
2. Dubinsky
3. Prust
4. Boyle
5. Anisimov

6. Fedotenko
7. Stepan
8. Christensen

9. Gaborik
10. Prospal
11. Avery
12. Zuccarello
13. Wolski

Anisimov is steadily improving in all aspects of his game. I watch tapes from last year and while the offensive potential was evident, he was far inferior in consistency, cycle play, using his body, as well as positional and defensive play. He has had the breakout season I expected, but it has been in more than just offense.

03-28-2011, 10:24 PM
satrabyk

I got a feeling about Artie, he may not be a 80 point guy but he can be a very good 55-60 points player for us and score some big goals. I like how versatile he can be, in the sense he can play a grinding game, a skilled game 1-4th line. Centers like him are pretty rare in the league and we are lucky to have him. To the last poster, i love Dubi but in no way do i think he is that strong in his own end.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I'd rank the play of our forwards in their own zone as follows;

1. Callahan
2. Dubinsky
3. Prust
4. Boyle
5. Anisimov

6. Fedotenko
7. Stepan
8. Christensen

9. Gaborik
10. Prospal
11. Avery
12. Zuccarello
13. Wolski

Anisimov is steadily improving in all aspects of his game. I watch tapes from last year and while the offensive potential was evident, he was far inferior in consistency, cycle play, using his body, as well as positional and defensive play. He has had the breakout season I expected, but it has been in more than just offense.
I agree with this, only slight adjustment would be including Christensen in that bottom tier.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Anisimov is just maturing into his body now. I expect him to take off next year. He's grown alot physically this year. He plays a somewhat bland style, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:06 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Yeah, I might move Fedotenko up into that top tier, drop Christensen a tier and bump Prospal up to the middle group. Good overall assessment though.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
broadwayblue

I've seen some glimpses of AA this year that really has me optimistic about his game. I love the fact that he's not afraid to skate to the net with the puck. And like a lot of our guys he's not even 23 yet. A couple years and a couple more pounds and he could be a very solid #2 center.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:06 AM
KillerKampfer*

Kids a stud I saw it before last year. Kopitar and Jordan Staal are the comparables I see. This interview impresses me.

Definitely good enough for Dolan to spend money on another winger to play with him and let Drury keep Wade Redden company in Hartford. Next year should be a breakout year for him.

Hes a good set up man but I think hell peak as a better defensive center and goal scorer. Very rare to find those skills at his size.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:18 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
This just proves that it's your bias speaking and you really don't understand Artie's game. He is NOT soft. Is he a banger? No, and he never will be. Is he strong enough to consistently win board battles? Not right now, but he's improved since last year and will continue to improve.

But the reason Artie is not soft is because he's not a perimeter player. He drives to the net. He makes plays in traffic. He'll take a hit to make a play.

If he was Canadian, you wouldn't be saying all this about him, I'm sure. Any of us can easily see where he needs to improve, but most of us understand that he won't be a finished product in his 2nd NHL season and are satisfied with the progress he's made to this point, and we're excited by the potential we see in him for the future.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Lennon27NYR

Good For him!! And i'm sure if he does better his play this year, he will keep on striving to better it the next year!! Can't wait!

Lennon27NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:34 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
This just proves that it's your bias speaking and you really don't understand Artie's game. He is NOT soft. Is he a banger? No, and he never will be. Is he strong enough to consistently win board battles? Not right now, but he's improved since last year and will continue to improve.

But the reason Artie is not soft is because he's not a perimeter player. He drives to the net. He makes plays in traffic. He'll take a hit to make a play.

If he was Canadian, you wouldn't be saying all this about him, I'm sure. Any of us can easily see where he needs to improve, but most of us understand that he won't be a finished product in his 2nd NHL season and are satisfied with the progress he's made to this point, and we're excited by the potential we see in him for the future.
yup, typical attitude some have... basically:

If you're a euro with some skill and don't put up PPG numbers you're "enigmatic"

If you're a euro and don't play like Ryan Callahan you're "soft" and "lazy"