HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What kind of fan are you: Glass half-full or Glass half empty?

Old
03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Firestorm

vCash: 500
What kind of fan are you: Glass half-full or Glass half empty?

I like to think that I am a glass half full fan, remember what's the worst thing that can happen? I hate to see fans senselessly complain about some small detail or consistently bash Poile/Trotz for no particular reason. I think that Poile has done a decent job this year, bringing Lombardi (it seemed like a good idea at the time), Fisher and SK.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:36 PM
JussiM

I'd like to think myself as glass half-full type. Some weeks ago, Preds had a string of bad losses (goalless against Clb & Chi, for example) and some people were sure the team wasn't going to make the playoffs. Not me, there was a nice home stand coming up, even if it included games against LA, Bos & Det... We all know how that went.

Some of the *****ing & moaning that goes around here (particulary after a bad game or two) is so off-putting it makes me not want to participate in discussion. Well, not that I have too much to offer. But I do enjoy reading in-depth discussion that some posters provide, you know who you are.

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
OpenWheel

If there's still half a glass left, I'm soon tossing it down, sometimes with a chaser.

I'm usually a half full guy. Although I went from saying this is a very good team and can win in the playoffs, to wondering if we'd even make it to the playoffs after our stretch of games scoring a quarter goal per game. Now, I'm back to "we can win in these playoffs" ...

I think Poile does a fine job. How he has done it this year with some of the albatross contracts he has with guys who got hurt or old, I have little idea. Sergei was a great pick-up. Rinne, Suter, Shea aree a solid core, and Legwand (and even Erat) is playing to his pay grade now, which sometimes is a surprise. I like this year's team, but I can't wait to see how we do over the next few years as some of the bad contracts fade away. I guess most of the money goes to Shea, then Suter and Rinne, but he will have a bit of flexibility for a couple years. Much of the credit goes to Trotz, who finds ways to win with whatever he is handed. It sounds as if Poile extensively discusses moves with him so there aren't surprises. But Poile also indicates the buck stops with himself on player choices.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:41 PM
dulzhok

Fielding a team that can consistently compete for a playoff spot: Half-full

Fielding a team that can consistently compete in later rounds: Half-empty

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Katharina

Definitely half-full, and not only with hockey.

Katharina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Fielding a team that can consistently compete for a playoff spot: Half-full

Fielding a team that can consistently compete in playoff rounds: Half-empty
ftfy

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 04:03 PM
SK74 Snipes

Half full always.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
I'm half full. My four favorite teams are the Preds, Padres, Chargers, and Clippers. So with the possible exception of the Chargers the Preds are the best I've got. I learn to be optimistic, or else I'd be miserable all the time. I do know that no team I follow in any sport, pro or college, has ever won a single championship.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:49 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm half full. My four favorite teams are the Preds, Padres, Chargers, and Clippers. So with the possible exception of the Chargers the Preds are the best I've got. I learn to be optimistic, or else I'd be miserable all the time. I do know that no team I follow in any sport, pro or college, has ever won a single championship.
I know the feeling.

I'm originally from Boise so it's not like we had any pro teams to root for. My favorite baseball team is the Mariners. NFL is the Chiefs. Basketball well it was the Sonics but they moved and I gave up on the NBA. And of course the Predators.

As for college well Boise State football hasn't done too bad.

So yeah, half full.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:00 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

I am a half empty fan. Just call me Negative Nancy, Eeyore or Puddlglum. I usually manage to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it turns out better.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
shootthepuck

I would probably be a half-empty type of person. That being said with my low expectations its hard to disappoint!!!

shootthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:36 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm a '**** y'all' type fan. I'm an optimist I just happen to think we all can do it better and I point out the negative to fix it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Half full unless the game is actually on haha

Seriously though, during games I tend to have my most negative outbursts. A couple of hours after the game is over (or the next morning depending on who we played and the outcome) I'm back to my half-full attitude.

And it has nothing to do with play offs or opinions on the direction of the team. You can be incredibly optimistic and want a complete overhaul of the team just as you can be incredibly pessimistic and think that if we change what we have now we're going to only get worse... let's not turn this into another one of those threads.

edit - katharina, the sig above your avatar is probably the best thing ever

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:53 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Is it a shot glass?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote