HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Questions about line ups post lock out

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2011, 01:35 PM
  #1
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Questions about line ups post lock out

Can anyone tell me what Nashville's Roster looked like (preferably the line combos most used) for the year after the lock out and the year after that? Thanks.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
  #2
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
The only thing I remember off the top of my head was the 9-10-11 line of Kariya-Legwand-Erat

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
  #3
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
game 1 of 05-06:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sully - Perrault - Walker
Hartnell - Johnson - Hall
Gamache - Fiddler - Tootoo

Timonen - Hamhuis
Markov - Zidlicky
Eaton - Suter

Vokoun



Last game of 05-06:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Hartnell - Sililnger - Sullivan
Upshall - Johnson - Walker
Fiddler - Perrault - Hall

Timonen - Zidlicky
Witt - Markov
Hamhuis - Eaton

Mason



Most used game in 05-06:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Sillinger/Perrault - Walker
Hartnell - Johnson - Hall
Upshall/Tootoo - Smithson/Nichol - Hordichuk/Fiddler

Hamhuis - Markov
Timonen - Zidlicky
Weber/Witt - Eaton/Suter
(Zanon/Klein)

Vokoun
(Mason)









game 1 of 06-07:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sully - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Vasicek - Nichol
Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

Timonen - Zidlicky
Hamhuis - Zanon
Weber - Suter

Vokoun


Last game of 06-07:

Kariya - Legwand - Hartnell
Dumont - Arnott - Forsberg
Fiddler - Smithson - Radulov
Hordichuk - Nichol - Abid


Timonen - Suter
Hamhuis - Weber
Zanon - Zidlicky

Vokoun



Most used game in 06-07:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov
Fiddler/Hordichuk - Smithson/Nichol - Tootoo/Abid

Timonen - Zidlicky
Hamhuis - Weber
Suter - Zanon
(Vishnevski)

Vokoun
(Mason)


Last edited by utmfisher19: 03-29-2011 at 05:12 AM.
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
  #4
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
We didn't have Arnott the first year after the lockout. We signed Kariya, and I remember having Johnson, Yanic, Leggy and Smithson as centers. I thought the next offseason we signed arnott and dumont. Arnott signed a five year deal in between the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons, which runs out this year.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
  #5
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,244
vCash: 50
wow... amazing the players you forget...

No Panic Yanic....

Suitcase Sillinger...

Marlboro Markov...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:11 PM
  #6
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wow... amazing the players you forget...

No Panic Yanic....

Suitcase Sillinger...

Marlboro Markov...
what was Yanic's FO percentage with us. I remember it being really high.

I remember Sillinger being pretty clutch.

If I didn't love Markov before then I absolutely loved him after those two guys came back from the roadtrip and wrote that long post about the roadtrip and one of the things they came back with was that Markov still smoked Marlboro Reds. Who were those two guys again? But I called him Cowboy Killer.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:12 PM
  #7
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
We didn't have Arnott the first year after the lockout. We signed Kariya, and I remember having Johnson, Yanic, Leggy and Smithson as centers. I thought the next offseason we signed arnott and dumont. Arnott signed a five year deal in between the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons, which runs out this year.
Yeah Arnott and Dumont came together in 06-07. I remember Dumont scored an OT playoff goal for Buffalo in 2006.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:55 PM
  #8
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
what was Yanic's FO percentage with us. I remember it being really high.

I remember Sillinger being pretty clutch.

If I didn't love Markov before then I absolutely loved him after those two guys came back from the roadtrip and wrote that long post about the roadtrip and one of the things they came back with was that Markov still smoked Marlboro Reds. Who were those two guys again? But I called him Cowboy Killer.
It was Pred303 and Handtrick that went on that trip.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:41 PM
  #9
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
It was Pred303 and Handtrick that went on that trip.
Anybody have a link to that thread? They were a great read.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:36 PM
  #10
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,410
vCash: 500
Your third line for the last game of 06-07 is all out of whack. That line was Hartnell-Forsberg-Radulov is memory serves...

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Dumont - Arnott - ? (Sullivan until he got hurt)
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov
Smithson - Nichol - Tootoo

That's basically what we ran with after the trade deadline. Before the trade deadline we obviously didn't have Forsberg, and Sullivan got hurt. My memory sucks, though

edit: Peverley and O'Reilly both were called up later in that season right?


Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-28-2011 at 08:41 PM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
  #11
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Your third line for the last game of 06-07 is all out of whack. That line was Hartnell-Forsberg-Radulov is memory serves...

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Dumont - Arnott - ? (Sullivan until he got hurt)
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov
Smithson - Nichol - Tootoo

That's basically what we ran with after the trade deadline. Before the trade deadline we obviously didn't have Forsberg, and Sullivan got hurt. My memory sucks, though

edit: Peverley and O'Reilly both were called up later in that season right?
Nope. That is the exact team we put on the ice for the last regular season game that year (not the playoffs). Check the "most used" lines for 06-07 in my post and you will see what our lines looked like the most (which echoed the lines you posted above)

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 12:42 AM
  #12
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Nope. That is the exact team we put on the ice for the last regular season game that year (not the playoffs). Check the "most used" lines for 06-07 in my post and you will see what our lines looked like the most (which echoed the lines you posted above)
I'm confused. Johnson and Hall didn't even play for us in 06-07 and I'm pretty sure that Upshall was not playing at the end of the year either. Unless you mixed up the last game in 05-06 third line with the one in 06-07.

I could have swore in 06-07 Suter played a lot with Zids.

From what I remember towards the end of the year we were going with something like this:


Kariya-Legwand-Erat
Hartnell-Arnott-Dumont
Fiddler-Forsberg-Radulov
Smithson-Nichol-Tootoo

Kimmo-Weber
Suter-Zids
Hamhuis-Zanon

The big loss was losing Sully. Imagine if Sully would have been healthy and Harntell could have moved down with Forsberg. Still probably wouldn't have worked out but it would have looked amazing on paper.

I'm iffy on those D pairings though.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 12:53 AM
  #13
TediT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
what was Yanic's FO percentage with us. I remember it being really high.
I don't remember his specific stats, but they were way up there. I was really bummed the year we didn't use Hordichuck at all and only used Yanic for a couple of minutes in the WHOLE playoff series... They helped us get there, and we didn't use 2 forwards. Made me feel like we overworked the other forwards and caused fatigue in the other forwards. Then, if I remember correctly, we lost/traded Yanic, and he went on to be an all star the next two years, again, huge face off numbers those seasons as well.

TediT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 04:47 AM
  #14
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm confused. Johnson and Hall didn't even play for us in 06-07 and I'm pretty sure that Upshall was not playing at the end of the year either. Unless you mixed up the last game in 05-06 third line with the one in 06-07.
oh, yeah, i see that now. I did swap the last game of 06-07 with the last game of 05-06. Stupid Copy/Paste!!!!

Btw, the d-pairings were 100% off of TOI rather than actual ones we used.

Lines fixed....


Last edited by utmfisher19: 03-29-2011 at 05:03 AM.
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:23 AM
  #15
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
Anybody have a link to that thread? They were a great read.
here's a link to the first of those trip summaries bburton

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...stl%2Fchi+trip

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:06 AM
  #16
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Most used game in 06-07:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov
Fiddler/Hordichuk - Smithson/Nichol - Tootoo/Abid

Timonen - Zidlicky
Hamhuis - Weber
Suter - Zanon
(Vishnevski)

Vokoun
(Mason)
Not to derail this thread, but everytime I see that lineup and see the results of the playoffs that year I just shake my head.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
  #17
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,410
vCash: 500
Haha I was wondering about that, utm. I wasn't trying to start an argument because if anyone around here has a worse memory than me they should be awarded a prize that they will immediately forget about. I saw Upshall, Hall, and Johnson and thought "wait what the hell did I do to myself over the years? I could've sworn Uppie was traded for Foppa, and the other two weren't around at all"

Anyway, mistakes happen. I think Zids and Suter played together on the powerplay. PPs were actually memorable that year because we could... you know... take advantage of the advantage

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
  #18
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
It definitly was fiddler-forsberg-radulov going into that playoff. anyone else remember snowtires on a ferrari (or porsche, can't remember the car)

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
  #19
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
here's a link to the first of those trip summaries bburton

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...stl%2Fchi+trip
in the categoryof things funny now:

"He (weber) and Suter seem to get along well, laughing together both on and off the ice.....which suprised me a little as they are both competing for ice time as the 6th defenseman."

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:40 AM
  #20
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Haha I was wondering about that, utm. I wasn't trying to start an argument because if anyone around here has a worse memory than me they should be awarded a prize that they will immediately forget about. I saw Upshall, Hall, and Johnson and thought "wait what the hell did I do to myself over the years? I could've sworn Uppie was traded for Foppa, and the other two weren't around at all"

Anyway, mistakes happen. I think Zids and Suter played together on the powerplay. PPs were actually memorable that year because we could... you know... take advantage of the advantage
hahaha, thanks for the correction. That's what happens when you are doing 4 things at once and they all involved copy/paste. Lesson learned. Let's just hope I didn't place the Preds 05-06 lines on any work spreadsheets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
It definitly was fiddler-forsberg-radulov going into that playoff. anyone else remember snowtires on a ferrari (or porsche, can't remember the car)
Yeah, that was definitely the line before Erat went down. Once he went down, it seems like we just rolled 2 lines and added Radu in when we could.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:40 AM
  #21
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
here's a link to the first of those trip summaries bburton

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...stl%2Fchi+trip
Thanks!

If you're a fan and haven't read these posts, you should. Even if the names have changed it's still relevant, I'm sure.

Why doesn't handtrick post anymore?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
  #22
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Thanks a lot guys for the line ups, appreciate it

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:37 PM
  #23
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,244
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
Thanks!

Why doesn't handtrick post anymore?
Im thinking he's been out on tour with the Backstreet Boys

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.