HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fisher mistake?

Old
03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
There's the Debbie Downer we all love...
There's the totally unrelated comments we all love.

I think the acquisition of Fisher will further handicap any chance of improving our team offensively. Deal.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
the *only* argument I could\would make would be that we misused the assets a bit to land a player that has, THUS FAR, looked to be more of what we already have. Would those assets have been better spent on someone like Penner? Or Versteeg? Or even Boyes?

All have outscored Fisher since being traded...but...supposedly, the X-factor for Fisher is in big games\playoff situations. I don't really care if Fisher gets outscored by 20 goals by the other three in the regular season, as long as he's the one doing the scoring in the playoffs.
but thats exactly the point. Poile wanted more of what we have, ie defensively responsible centers who can nonetheless be a threat to score or be on a line that is a threat to score.

As much as this is going to send some here into total apoplexy, I think its pretty obvious that poile wants three david legwands.

so far, given where we seem to be headed as far as the standings, I'll give the poile Plan a solid "B", with a chance to upgrade that in the postseason.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I was battling insomnia last night and browsed the boards of some other teams..... anyone who thinks we have been mishandled by David Poile needs to read the boards of a few of the perennial also-rans in this league.

I wont name teams specifically but the despair and hopelessness mixed with bitter resignation that I read on some of the boards last night makes me realize how blessed we are to be in the hunt year after year after year.

When you think about it, we preds fans havent ever really experienced THAT type of frustration.... specifically, knowing your team truly sucks, and that you are YEARS from being better, and then only if the guy running the team makes the right moves in the coming years.

We graduated from expansion status, and as frustrating as it has been to not win a playoff series, we have never taken more than a small step backwards, even after the firesale.

The way people wail and rend garments around here when we lose in the firstround of the playoffs, I fear for some people if we ever do have to truly go through a full on rebuild

I find it interesting that fans who choose to hold David Poile, Barry Trotz and his team to the level of expectations of reaching the second round of the playoffs come under such criticism here. Particularly when the ownership are the ones trying to establish those higher expectations.

When the ownership comes out and says that this team is "going to contend for the Cup" or "the small market mentality is gone", then they better expect higher expectations, and accountability, from the fans. David Poile and Barry Trotz will receive the most of those new found expectations.

I have a lot of trouble seeing how Columbus, or any other currently bad team, should have any impact on the expectations I have out of the management and players on this team.

I may manage the best group of .NET developers in the state (and they are quite good). However, I don't lower my expectations of them just because another agency doesn't have the set I've got. It doesn't work that way.

EDIT: I'm responding to that specific quote above PV82. My feelings on Mike Fisher are mutually exclusive to the above and are easy to find. Regardless of future seasons, the Predators are fortunate to have him for the balance of this season considering the injuries.

Last edited by David Singleton: 03-28-2011 at 06:06 PM.
David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:50 PM
predfan98

Quote:
but thats exactly the point. Poile wanted more of what we have, ie defensively responsible centers who can nonetheless be a threat to score or be on a line that is a threat to score.

As much as this is going to send some here into total apoplexy, I think its pretty obvious that poile wants three david legwands.

so far, given where we seem to be headed as far as the standings, I'll give the poile Plan a solid "B", with a chance to upgrade that in the postseason.
rotfl..

go leggy go!!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

i don't disagree. the jury is out as to whether "the poile plan" works, though.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
the *only* argument I could\would make would be that we misused the assets a bit to land a player that has, THUS FAR, looked to be more of what we already have. Would those assets have been better spent on someone like Penner? Or Versteeg? Or even Boyes?

All have outscored Fisher since being traded...but...supposedly, the X-factor for Fisher is in big games\playoff situations. I don't really care if Fisher gets outscored by 20 goals by the other three in the regular season, as long as he's the one doing the scoring in the playoffs.
Look at Fisher's numbers in the playoffs, there is no X-factor.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
rotfl..

go leggy go!!
He DID score 60+ points one year...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
don28

Quote:

I think Poile may have been concerned with Penner's and Versteeg's reputations as guys who don't work hard when they don't have the puck. The Predator way requires players that play hard without the puck. It is distinctly possible that Penner or Versteeg may have become more liability than asset if they had come here.

Poile definitely seems to have a keen eye for scouting defensive players. It would be nice to see him score a Suter/Weber home run on a scoring forward.

don28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
I find it interesting that fans who choose to hold David Poile, Barry Trotz and his team to the level of expectations of reaching the second round of the playoffs come under such criticism here. Particularly when the ownership are the ones trying to establish those higher expectations.

When the ownership comes out and says that this team is "going to contend for the Cup" or "the small market mentality is gone", then they better expect higher expectations, and accountability, from the fans. David Poile and Barry Trotz will receive the most of those new found expectations.

I have a lot of trouble seeing how Coulumbus, or any other currently bad team, should have any impact on the expectations I have out of the management and players on this team.

I may manage the best group of .NET developers in the state (and they are quite good). However, I don't lower my expectations of them just because another agency doesn't have the set I've got. It doesn't work that way.

EDIT: I'm responding to that specific quote above PV82. My feelings on Mike Fisher are mutually exclusive to the above and are easy to find. Regardless of future seasons, the Predators are fortunate to have him for the balance of this season considering the injuries.
Just to be clear, my post was in no way an accptance of one nd done as good enough or all I ever aspire to. But as I have stated elsewhere, this is truly only year one of the current blueprint for success here. (Poile Plan 3.0 v 1). What seperates us from most other teams is there were not a couple of years of suckitude between the maturation of each Plan.

Old
03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
True - but that statement was from when, one season ago? Good grief, we arguably gave Chicago - you know, the guys that won the Stanley thing - the best series they had last year. We haven't had year 2 yet, but they let Poile go out and add Fisher - that's a pretty good add. Before we start bellyaching that we have legitimate reasons for increased expectations that aren't being met can we at least get into a 2nd PO series? Cause really, if losing a PO series to the team that wins the cup is failure, who's being realistic?

Same thing with the bellyaching from folks about not getting Weber signed yet - good grief, the man said he wanted to get to the off-season to worry about it - let them at least get the season over and negotiate - see if a small-market team can actually move past that mentality and sign their first-ever homegrown superstar.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:56 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
I find it interesting that fans who choose to hold David Poile, Barry Trotz and his team to the level of expectations of reaching the second round of the playoffs come under such criticism here.
That's not really true. What people jab about is those who use hindsight to constantly say "we've never been out of the first round". Oh really? Wow, that's good to know. Almost as if they accurately predicted that with some previous higher scoring playoff versions of the team.

Fire Trotz? Fire Poile? If you say no, then you aren't holding them to a higher standard, you're waiting to see if their ideas will pan out, just like everybody else.

"Hold them to a higher standard" makes a good sound bite. But some of those criticizers don't seem to like it when in some people's opinions, the Poile plan is a very good one and has, and will, result in a strong team. I want a high standard, and second rounds, and eventually finals, which is why I like what they have been doing. Does this version need some work? Sure, of course, and maybe some purer scorer is needed. Gee, in a perfect world we'd be as good as Vancouver or better... But I like the playoff potential (some this year, but more so in the future) with a strong dee if we can get moderately consistent scoring, and I think we have a lot of young potential up front that should improve while Erat and Legwand still have some legs.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-29-2011 at 03:06 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:25 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28 View Post
I think Poile may have been concerned with Penner's and Versteeg's reputations as guys who don't work hard when they don't have the puck. The Predator way requires players that play hard without the puck. It is distinctly possible that Penner or Versteeg may have become more liability than asset if they had come here.

Poile definitely seems to have a keen eye for scouting defensive players. It would be nice to see him score a Suter/Weber home run on a scoring forward.
If you've got 10 defensively responsible forwards on the ice, you can afford 2 that aren't.

As for the second part of that statement...he did. He's currently playing for Salavaet Ufa of the KHL.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:04 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Fire Trotz? Fire Poile? If you say no, then you aren't holding them to a higher standard, you're waiting to see if their ideas will pan out, just like everybody else.

"Hold them to a higher standard" makes a good sound bite. But some of those criticizers don't seem to like it when in some people's opinions, the Poile plan is a very good one and has, and will, result in a strong team. I want a high standard, and second rounds, and eventually finals, which is why I like what they have been doing. Does this version need some work? Sure, of course, and maybe some purer scorer is needed. Gee, in a perfect world we'd be as good as Vancouver or better... But I like the playoff potential (some this year, but more so in the future) with a strong dee if we can get moderately consistent scoring, and I think we have a lot of young potential up front that should improve while Erat and Legwand still have some legs.
Hopefully we are not deviating too much from the original intentions of the OP....

For me personally, I do not want to see either David Poile or Barry Trotz fired. However, I'm also not waiting to see how their ideas will pan out either. Based upon the current makeup of the team, and likely future direction of the team as indicated by the Fisher acquisition (to bring it back to the OP's question), I perceive some troubling trends. On top of that, we can draw upon what has been successful in the post season since the lockout (meaning other teams). Those perceived trends, combined with what we've seen can be successful since the lockout, is why I chose to tackle the topic now as opposed to waiting a couple of years like PV82 suggested (and triggered by the Fisher acquisition).

When I look at Poile and Trotz, I can't help but approach the situation much like I would with one of my employees. I see a lot of great things. I see one or two issues that I believe need to be addressed. Therefore, I attempt to address those issues. At the office, I'd have discussions and official performance evaluations with my employees. There's no black and white decision to be reached in regards to firing or keeping either- at least not yet. In many ways, I believe that the ownership group have to go through a similar process in assessing David Poile (although likely with expressed desired goals by ownership to aid in that analysis)- particularly since they are not hockey experts. In hockey though, I use my blog, tweets, and message boards to do that.

I've met and interviewed Barry Trotz. I've studied him and his interactions with his players. I've listened to great stories from people who've known Trotz for a much longer time than my brief interaction (like our own SLake and Mark "The View From 111" Willoughby). Based upon all that, I believe Trotz to be a very good coach and an exceptional human being. To don't cut people like that loose until you have to- and now's not that time to me.

I know less about David Poile, but his historical interactions with players and staff likely says he's a very similar individual. Again, not one to quickly dismiss.

That said, the Nashville Predators are a professional hockey team with the goals of being successful on and off the ice. To this point, under this new ownership group, they've done that. There comes a point however, where fan apathy can start to play a role. As a blogger of opinions (meaning- not a journalist), I see myself playing a role similar to what a GM must do- look several years ahead (without their expertise, lol). In the Face-Offs where I addressed those issues about Poile and Trotz, that was what I was trying to do.

Lastly, building a slightly different team than the one Poile is doing does not take "a perfect world"- or even more money as I've shown on multiple occasions. The teams that Poile builds year-after-year have the ability to weather injuries better than most (due to the almost plug-and-play nature of the forwards). They will almost always be in contention for the playoffs due to the teamwork and effort instilled in them by Trotz. They can even capture lightening in the bottle and have a good run in the playoffs if their goaltender is incredibly hot and their forwards are streaking.

My argument is that you can't keep waiting for the team to capture that lightening in the bottle. And, if you're building your team several years in advance, you can doom yourself into doing so if you're not careful. That's where my big mouth comes in. ;-)

Great discussion.

Old
03-29-2011, 08:46 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:

My argument is that you can't keep waiting for the team to capture that lightening in the bottle. And, if you're building your team several years in advance, you can doom yourself into doing so if you're not careful. That's where my big mouth comes in. ;-)

Great discussion.
sure we can wait.

we have to wait.

the problem is sample size. as frustrating as it is to us fans to see five first round losses, the sample size is small enough that its not certain that our lack of winning a series isnt just due to random factors(injuries, bad matchups, etc.)

your opinions may have some empiric truth but to be carried out you would have to be able to actually make a deal for the scoring forward you covet.

we will never know if Poile chose the path he has chosen because he thinks its the best of all plans, or if it was the only plan he could actually make happen.

but nonetheless, the path has been chosen, and we will just have to wait and see what it brings us.

and choosing a path is not necessarily "dooming" us to anything... it is simply making a decision and following through. If it "dooms" us to continued compatitiveness and some playoff success in the next few years, I say bring on doom.

Old
03-29-2011, 09:18 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
sure we can wait.

we have to wait.

the problem is sample size. as frustrating as it is to us fans to see five first round losses, the sample size is small enough that its not certain that our lack of winning a series isnt just due to random factors(injuries, bad matchups, etc.)

your opinions may have some empiric truth but to be carried out you would have to be able to actually make a deal for the scoring forward you covet.

we will never know if Poile chose the path he has chosen because he thinks its the best of all plans, or if it was the only plan he could actually make happen.

but nonetheless, the path has been chosen, and we will just have to wait and see what it brings us.

and choosing a path is not necessarily "dooming" us to anything... it is simply making a decision and following through. If it "dooms" us to continued compatitiveness and some playoff success in the next few years, I say bring on doom.
You're right, "doom" isn't exactly the right word. How about "you can restrict yourself to one path if you're not careful". It's a bigger issue for Nashville as they can't bury a bunch of contracts in the minors or buy out a lot of players.

The sample size is frustrating when only viewing Predators history. If one views other teams (which is hard to do without accounting for some of the budget differences), it helps some.

Regardless, we're at the point of speculation and nobody is either right or wrong in their opinions. However, there are many decisions made on "gut feel" and speculation based upon whatever evidence is available. In a volatile world, there are times when that's the only choice left to a decision maker.

My entire issue with the Mike Fisher acquisition is that it locks a lot of money into that third center position (regardless of whether that's Fisher, Legwand or Lombardi) when that could go to making the top six much better while not really losing a lot with a cheaper alternative like Goc manning the third line pivot. That's it. Given the injuries this year, it's awesome we have him now- but there is a cost to paid somewhere else in the line-up that "somewhere else" is in the top six or on defense.

Old
03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Legionnaire11

I wouldn't call 5 playoffs a small sample size. Assuming that the best and luckiest players might get to play for 20 seasons, it's a very decent sample.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:41 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
my counterpoint to that is, how likely is it that we would land a "real scoring threat" via free agency anyway?

and for that matter, how many "real scoring threats" get traded?

as I pointed out before, poile has obviously decided that they way for the preds to be successful is not to look for a single superstar scorer but to roll three nearly equal lines in hopes that they will all be somewhat productive while still being defensively responsible and that their production will dovetail so that nobody can shut down all three lines on any given night. you can agree or disagree that this is a good thing, but the point is so far that plan looks like its gonna get us into the playoffs this year and we are certainly gonna be set to try it again next year.
Agreed. People seem to think that any player is available if one player was available. I agree with btn's quote below in that we probably gave up too much to get him, but it was around the trade deadline. Those are the rules. Goc had just gone down for the season, O'Reilly was either already out for the season or it was assumed he would be, and Lombardi's situation isn't even that great for next season at this point. That left us Legwand, Wilson, Spaling, Smithson down the middle and the ability to make call ups. I wouldn't doubt for a second if Poile's thought was something along the lines of "Fisher could come on and be a more offensive Legwand, or he can come in, cover some of Legwand's defensive responsibilities, and open up Leggy to score more points." Can't say for sure that's what he thought, as I've never had a conversation with him about it, but it does seem that Fisher has allowed Legwand to open up. Of course, Legwand tends to play his best hockey at this point in the season, so who knows the real effect. That's for a much bigger stathead than me to figure out.

He is what he is... Legwand-lite on offense and defense, but with similar speed, a ton more grit, and he has a hotter wife. It's always nice to look at the "what ifs", but it's a lot easier to look around the league and say "why did we get X instead of X?". It's much harder to be the guy on the phone making the moves. Fisher wanted to come here if he had to go anywhere. Who's to say that Versteeg, Penner, or (especially) Boyes were even available to us.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I wouldn't call 5 playoffs a small sample size. Assuming that the best and luckiest players might get to play for 20 seasons, it's a very decent sample.
Five play off series isn't exactly a small sample size, but the sample size of play off series where we should have been successful is incredibly small. What? MAYBE two series? That's only IF you want to argue that. Our best team going into the play offs was 06-07, and we just happened to match up with the team tied with us in most wins in the West at 51... I believe the most wins in the league that year was 53. It's much easier to say that we should have won more than one game that year than it is to say we should have won any of our play off series so far. It's all about context

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying I'm ok with first round exits. I'm simply saying that the sample size of five first round exists isn't exactly damning. No one was more pissed off than me as I left that game 5 in 2007. That I can promise...

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:03 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Agreed. People seem to think that any player is available if one player was available. I agree with btn's quote below in that we probably gave up too much to get him, but it was around the trade deadline. Those are the rules. Goc had just gone down for the season, O'Reilly was either already out for the season or it was assumed he would be, and Lombardi's situation isn't even that great for next season at this point. That left us Legwand, Wilson, Spaling, Smithson down the middle and the ability to make call ups. I wouldn't doubt for a second if Poile's thought was something along the lines of "Fisher could come on and be a more offensive Legwand, or he can come in, cover some of Legwand's defensive responsibilities, and open up Leggy to score more points." Can't say for sure that's what he thought, as I've never had a conversation with him about it, but it does seem that Fisher has allowed Legwand to open up. Of course, Legwand tends to play his best hockey at this point in the season, so who knows the real effect. That's for a much bigger stathead than me to figure out.

He is what he is... Legwand-lite on offense and defense, but with similar speed, a ton more grit, and he has a hotter wife. It's always nice to look at the "what ifs", but it's a lot easier to look around the league and say "why did we get X instead of X?". It's much harder to be the guy on the phone making the moves. Fisher wanted to come here if he had to go anywhere. Who's to say that Versteeg, Penner, or (especially) Boyes were even available to us.

Five play off series isn't exactly a small sample size, but the sample size of play off series where we should have been successful is incredibly small. What? MAYBE two series? That's only IF you want to argue that. Our best team going into the play offs was 06-07, and we just happened to match up with the team tied with us in most wins in the West at 51... I believe the most wins in the league that year was 53. It's much easier to say that we should have won more than one game that year than it is to say we should have won any of our play off series so far. It's all about context

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying I'm ok with first round exits. I'm simply saying that the sample size of five first round exists isn't exactly damning. No one was more pissed off than me as I left that game 5 in 2007. That I can promise...

Major correction here TMI, Marcel Goc played five days and three games with Mike Fisher before his season-ending injury. Goc played his last game on 2/17 this year. Fisher was acquired in time to play on 2/12 for Nashville. If you look at my concerns with the Fisher trade on HI, it was major concern of mine for following seasons (the end of Goc and O'Reilly on Nashville after this season).

From a fan's perspective, five seasons can be a small sample size. Given the upheaval this team has endured, there's even more that can be said for patience.

However, from a player perspective, five seasons is not a small sample size. (Perceived) Stagnation can also be a major issue too.

There are two sides and I don't know how much either play in the decisions.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:26 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

:Edit - I'm not really sure what key combination I pressed, but somehow I posted half of the comment I was typing... can a mod delete this?:

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-29-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old
03-29-2011, 10:34 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Ah... sorry about that. I've read so many times that Goc was done by the time we traded for Fisher than I just believed it haha

Anyway, I don't think Goc is back next year. It's between O'Reilly or Goc, and I think we keep O'Reilly just to save a couple of hundred thousand dollars. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. I like Goc, but as with Ward, I won't be disappointed if he leaves. He'll find a job, and we'll be able to cover his role.

As for the play off discussion, I'm going to leave the for another thread. Nothing against you or your opinions, David. In fact I enjoy reading what you bring to a discussion, but we both know just how far off of the rails this thread can end up if we start bringing in the whole "one-and-done" debate. I think my last post is about as much of a hand I want to play in any thread-jacking

Old
03-29-2011, 10:46 AM
don28

Quote:
If you've got 10 defensively responsible forwards on the ice, you can afford 2 that aren't.

As for the second part of that statement...he did. He's currently playing for Salavaet Ufa of the KHL.
I can agree with you on point one, and I forgot about A.R. (He Who Should Not Be Mentioned By Name.)

I am just wondering where the other home run draft pick forward is. Austin Watson? Colin Wilson?

I guess Hornqvist could be considered a home run (or at least a triple) judging by goal scoring results.

don28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:15 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Ah... sorry about that. I've read so many times that Goc was done by the time we traded for Fisher than I just believed it haha

Anyway, I don't think Goc is back next year. It's between O'Reilly or Goc, and I think we keep O'Reilly just to save a couple of hundred thousand dollars. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. I like Goc, but as with Ward, I won't be disappointed if he leaves. He'll find a job, and we'll be able to cover his role.

As for the play off discussion, I'm going to leave the for another thread. Nothing against you or your opinions, David. In fact I enjoy reading what you bring to a discussion, but we both know just how far off of the rails this thread can end up if we start bringing in the whole "one-and-done" debate. I think my last post is about as much of a hand I want to play in any thread-jacking

I've tried to keep tying Fisher into those discussions. Probably the right idea though.

Old
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Haha it's all good

With Fisher I think we all knew what we were getting. I was against the idea at first. I still think we had to overpay to get him, but at least we didn't give up a roster player or a prospect. Before we got him he had very similar stats to Legwand, but Fisher just hasn't been able to step it up like Legwand has shown he can. Maybe his two goal game is the spark he needed. I really hope it is. Watching him play makes me like him as a player. It'd be nice if he can produce to justify that for me

Old
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
KillerKampfer*

I think the Fisher move was a must for the Preds organization. Needed another center for the playoffs. In the offseason Ottawa probably gives him away for nothing and takes a cap hit back but that does no good for this season.

Also marketing wise his aquisition doesnt do much for hockey fans but it puts the team more on the radar for people who do not particularly like the sport and helps the name brand. With no Titans next year (well I guess maybe they'll scrimmage themselves 16 times given Adams optimism) the Preds are the only show in town and thats a pretty good year to overpay someone who specifically can connect culturally with non hockey fans. And if the team wins a playoff series this year all the more momentum they have going forward.

Next year is a good year to be stuck with Fisher and he helps the team in the playoffs big time. Good move regardless I think.

All the Preds really need to do is sign Shea longterm, and get a stud forward in next summer when Dumont expires and thats a perennial top 5/10 NHL team no question about it.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Haha it's all good

With Fisher I think we all knew what we were getting. I was against the idea at first. I still think we had to overpay to get him, but at least we didn't give up a roster player or a prospect. Before we got him he had very similar stats to Legwand, but Fisher just hasn't been able to step it up like Legwand has shown he can. Maybe his two goal game is the spark he needed. I really hope it is. Watching him play makes me like him as a player. It'd be nice if he can produce to justify that for me
3 goals in 2 games so far in his streak...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote