HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
Weird question but whatever, my roommates from Vancouver and is a Canucks fan, I'm pretty sure his cat is a Habs fan though, she loves playing with the Habs string and is sleeping on my Habs t-shirt right now. Does anyone know of any stores downtown that would sell sweaters for cats with Habs logos on it?

Ps I'm not a weird cat guy who dresses them up, just think it would be funny.
hmm... I don't think there are any pets stores in downtown MTL with that... I had heard an ad on the team 990 about such a store in westmount... let me do some research

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
hmm... I don't think there are any pets stores in downtown MTL with that... I had heard an ad on the team 990 about such a store in westmount... let me do some research
Thanks! I can pretty much go anywhere that I can get to taking the metro, just don't want to spend an hour to get there.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Odelein24

There's a pet store almost at the corner of Greene on St Catherine's. Its super close to Westmount Square which means its super close to Atwater metro!

There's also another place on St. Catherine, I think its across the street from College Lasalle.

Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Xia

Hey everyone, I'm new here, this is actually my first post. I've been following the Habs all my life but only got to visit the Bell Centre for the first time this year. I'm really stoked to be visiting again for the final home game of the season v. Chicago, unfortunently as I live in Ontario, it's been hard to find fellow Habs fans so I'll be going on my own. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I could do there on my own before and after the game? I don't want to feel too awkward being on my own.

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new here, this is actually my first post. I've been following the Habs all my life but only got to visit the Bell Centre for the first time this year. I'm really stoked to be visiting again for the final home game of the season v. Chicago, unfortunently as I live in Ontario, it's been hard to find fellow Habs fans so I'll be going on my own. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I could do there on my own before and after the game? I don't want to feel too awkward being on my own.
Near the Bell Centre you could go shopping at the Eaton Centre
also you could go see movie
there are museums in that area too...
Plenty of irish pubs too

All depends on your interest. Let me know what you are interested in and I can guide you a bit...

Old
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Xia

Quote:
Near the Bell Centre you could go shopping at the Eaton Centre
also you could go see movie
there are museums in that area too...
Plenty of irish pubs too

All depends on your interest. Let me know what you are interested in and I can guide you a bit...
Well I've done plenty of shopping and drinking in Montreal and I'm sure that'll continue while I'm there. I'd love to see some museums depending on what they're exhibiting at the time, any suggestions? Also - what's the best place to get a poutine around the Bell Centre?

EDIT: Is the new Habs museum basically all the stuff that was exhibited when the Hockey Hall of Fame had the Centennial season exhibit?

Last edited by Xia: 03-10-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old
03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
Well I've done plenty of shopping and drinking in Montreal and I'm sure that'll continue while I'm there. I'd love to see some museums depending on what they're exhibiting at the time, any suggestions? Also - what's the best place to get a poutine around the Bell Centre?

EDIT: Is the new Habs museum basically all the stuff that was exhibited when the Hockey Hall of Fame had the Centennial season exhibit?
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal

McCord Museum of Canadian History

Regarding the Canadiens HOF I'm not sure. You could call in advance
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=59997

For the best poutine place, I would try to get out of the bell centre area

Here is the best place IMHO: La Banquise 994 Rachel E. Open 24/7 Mont-Royal Metro

Old
03-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Xia

Quote:
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal

McCord Museum of Canadian History

Regarding the Canadiens HOF I'm not sure. You could call in advance
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=59997

For the best poutine place, I would try to get out of the bell centre area

Here is the best place IMHO: La Banquise 994 Rachel E. Open 24/7 Mont-Royal Metro
Thanks! I'll definently be checking out atleast one of the museums along with the Canadiens HOF!

Old
03-15-2011, 10:12 PM
EJsens1

Hopefully I get an answer to this, but I'll be staying in Montreal this weekend, about 5 minutes from Olympic Stadium.

My question is whether there is a good soccer store to visit in the downtown area. I need to get new cleats and since I was going to Montreal this weekend, I figured I would wait and see if there are better stores there as selection is alright in Ottawa. Any help would be appreciated!

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Hopefully I get an answer to this, but I'll be staying in Montreal this weekend, about 5 minutes from Olympic Stadium.

My question is whether there is a good soccer store to visit in the downtown area. I need to get new cleats and since I was going to Montreal this weekend, I figured I would wait and see if there are better stores there as selection is alright in Ottawa. Any help would be appreciated!
Not really downtown, but check out Evangelista Sports on St.Laurent. They have a big selection and salesmen are very helpful.

6821 boul. St-Laurent
Montréal, Quebec
H2S-3C8
Tel: 514-277-5951

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Guys, what are your recommendations for the following things:

1. Underground type club/bar. Not les Foufs, I'm not a fan. I'm thinking Central/Eastern European bunker type place.

2. Good jazz club where you don't have to drink or eat. Just sit down, pay the cover and listen to semi-pro to pro performances.

3. Good venue to listen to electronic music/raves.

4. Affordable classical music. Like 5-20$.

5. Good bars to listen to local music and good comedy clubs.

6. A bar with european quality beer. Tried a few microbrews like L'amère a Boire but was really, really disapointed, especially for the price.

7. Good tea place with nice vibes and some hookah/sheeshah. You know, hippie type place where people just chill on the ground.

8. Good coffee place to chill with quality coffee. If anyone's been to Vienna or Prague I'm thinking Cafe Sperl or Kafé Louvre.

I have a few places, but I'm not entirely happy with them right now.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 07:12 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 499
i have a question.
is all the malls in downtown montreal connceted

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i have a question.
is all the malls in downtown montreal connceted
http://www.destinationcentreville.co...terractive.htm
yes and no... can you be more precise?

Old
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
Guys, what are your recommendations for the following things:

1. Underground type club/bar. Not les Foufs, I'm not a fan. I'm thinking Central/Eastern European bunker type place.

2. Good jazz club where you don't have to drink or eat. Just sit down, pay the cover and listen to semi-pro to pro performances.

3. Good venue to listen to electronic music/raves.

4. Affordable classical music. Like 5-20$.

5. Good bars to listen to local music and good comedy clubs.

6. A bar with european quality beer. Tried a few microbrews like L'amère a Boire but was really, really disapointed, especially for the price.

7. Good tea place with nice vibes and some hookah/sheeshah. You know, hippie type place where people just chill on the ground.

8. Good coffee place to chill with quality coffee. If anyone's been to Vienna or Prague I'm thinking Cafe Sperl or Kafé Louvre.

I have a few places, but I'm not entirely happy with them right now.
1. it's not really underground but it has that european feel:
Bily Kun the name is Czech, meaning "White Horse" — is an institution in Montreal's Plateau district. Dim lighting, candles, and a huge bar give an intimate atmosphere, but Bily Kun gets hopping after 10PM with Montreal's hippest Francophones practically every night. Some of the area's top DJ's spin experimental or loungey techno, but there's really no dance floor to speak of. Bar staff is kooky and nice, even if no one can quite explain the ostrich heads lining the walls. Upstairs O Patro Vys from the same owners frequently hosts small shows and events.
354 avenue Mont-Royal Est Mont-Royal Metro

6. Benelux Brasserie Artisanale et Café 245 Sherbrooke Street West corner Jeanne Mance. Located in an old bank, this trendy pub and micro-brewery serves fine micro-brews, made on the premises, in a welcoming and warm atmosphere. Beer there is a evolution (always changing). Very cool place to be. Close to St-Laurent and the downtown core

Dieu du ciel One of the best microbrewery's in Montreal

Old
03-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Jazz Club: Upstairs Jazz Bar on MacKay is a good one.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Suiteness

Hey guys,

Is Muzique nightclub a good spot to hang out? I've seen pictures online and it seems packed with "Siliconed" slags. What's the average age in there, 25 and up or more of a kiddie place (18-19 year olds)?

Could you guys recommend better places for a group of guys in their late 20's/early 30's?

Thanks!

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:16 AM
FITLTID

Hey,

Im going to be in Montreal with my girlfriend this weekend and are staying near the bell center. Big Devil fans and they are going to be playing in NJ while we are there. Is there a couple of bars to watch the game? Looking for a chill place, not really looking for a fight or anything. I'll be in my Devils Gionta and girlfriend will probably be sporting my Devils Gomez, so we come in peace. But yeah, just trying to find a good place to watch the game with some hockey fans near the Bell Center.

Thanks

FITLTID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:18 AM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Hey guys,

Is Muzique nightclub a good spot to hang out? I've seen pictures online and it seems packed with "Siliconed" slags. What's the average age in there, 25 and up or more of a kiddie place (18-19 year olds)?

Could you guys recommend better places for a group of guys in their late 20's/early 30's?

Thanks!
For that age group, definitely go to Rouge on St-laurent...on saturday's it fills up quick though ...

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITLTID View Post
Hey,

Im going to be in Montreal with my girlfriend this weekend and are staying near the bell center. Big Devil fans and they are going to be playing in NJ while we are there. Is there a couple of bars to watch the game? Looking for a chill place, not really looking for a fight or anything. I'll be in my Devils Gionta and girlfriend will probably be sporting my Devils Gomez, so we come in peace. But yeah, just trying to find a good place to watch the game with some hockey fans near the Bell Center.

Thanks
here you go! No one will fight you anywhere no worries!

-Champs Bar and Restaurant: Champs has a reputation that has been built by consistently showing all the best sporting events from across the globe. Whatever you're itching to see, from the Formula 1 Circuit to European rugby leagues to soccer to baseball to hockey, you can be sure that Champs will be televising it no matter what the time of day. Not many other Montreal sports bars can claim as much and that's why many Montreal sports fans have made Champs their number one destination. 3956 St Laurent. For a big event call to reserve a table (514) 987-6444.

Irish pubs

-Hurley’s One of the premiere irish pubs in town where you might see some people (NHL people I mean after the games, even referees are known to go there) A beautiful pub, Irish style, with live music and a good choice of whisky’s. 1426 Bishop St. Guy Concordia Metro

-Ye Olde Orchard: Downtown 1189 rue de la Montagne: My favourite place before the game because it's 3 min away from the Bell center

Old
04-01-2011, 06:08 PM
FITLTID

little late but anywhere to catch the devils game at a bar anywhere near bell center?

had a great day at the bell centre, going through the hall of fame and chilling downtown. great place, crummy weather.

FITLTID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:33 PM
EdgeR44

Hello everyone,

I am from Montreal and I actually don't know the answer to this..but does anyone know which hotel do teams coming to play the Habs usually stay at?

And where exactly is the Bell Centre entrance for teams?

I am hoping to maybe catch some of the Blackhawks players coming on Tuesday!

Thanks

EdgeR44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Shabutie

Indoor parking near bell center

Hi there, I know this should be in another thread, but I need an answer for tomorrow night - so please move this thread once answered.

Simple question really - what's the closest indoor parking that will allow me to leave without too much street traffic (coming from ottawa)?

Thanks!

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
De la montagne/René Levesque.(south side of rene-levesque)

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Hezza

i normally park underground at the palais the congres, which is a short walk from the bell centre. i enter via rue saint alexandre off saint antoine (just past square victoria).

Hezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:10 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

Place Ville-Marie is probably a pretty good option, also the other malls on Ste-Catherine (Cours Mont-Royal, Place Montreal Trust, Centre Eaton...). Just a short walk (5-10 minutes) and you won't get stuck in the traffic directly around the arena.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote