HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread - Kopitar (Out for Season), Williams (Out 4 weeks), Parse (Day to Day)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
  #326
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
High ankle sprains are a muhfkr. Hopefully he stays in the US and improves his conditioning.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:55 PM
  #327
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Yes. I have been in fights where I have literally spit out teeth and had my nose broken and still stood in and took my beating but I rolled my ankle once and I actually lay'd on the ground whining like I was a little bitty baby. OOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH OH dear gawd I cried.

My pals still tease me about it but the pain was white light hot and took me about a ten minutes before I could even deal with it and then I couldn't walk on it for about three weeks. Nothing torn, just a rolled ankle so I can't imagine how bad it was what Kopitar went/is going through.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:55 PM
  #328
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Yes. duplicate post

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:33 AM
  #329
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Dancing Boy was right again..on injury report

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:36 AM
  #330
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Yes. I have been in fights where I have literally spit out teeth and had my nose broken and still stood in and took my beating but I rolled my ankle once and I actually lay'd on the ground whining like I was a little bitty baby. OOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOH OH dear gawd I cried.

My pals still tease me about it but the pain was white light hot and took me about a ten minutes before I could even deal with it and then I couldn't walk on it for about three weeks. Nothing torn, just a rolled ankle so I can't imagine how bad it was what Kopitar went/is going through.
If only you had a really big guy hanging out with you. The guy you fought would have been intimidated and never even looked at you funny.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:00 AM
  #331
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Just asking..

High ankle sprain is that the same as broken fibula and are we talking about multiple ligaments torn? Meaning every report from Slovenian news sources where just BULL.

I'm not calling out the guys that posted the reports but the original sources if this was all just lies and speculation by Slovenian media.

So I ask again were the reports from Slovenia false or not?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:04 AM
  #332
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Nah, I was the really big guy unfortunately.

You don't win them all but hey, your right we shouldn't have an enforcer on the team at all and even more to the point we should be the first team to simply not fight, right?

That's it Maynard, you write the petition and I will get it signed up for you.

We the Kings are going to be the first team in the history of the game of hockey to simply say that no matter the circumstances, no matter what happens we will refuse to fight.

That would do it, right?


Oh, and you know what, we can change our name from the Kings to the Los Angeles Turtles! Hey and we can have a guy getting pummeled hiding beneath a turtle shell as our logo!!!

Sure we will lose a ton of games and have more man hours lost to injury then all of the teams in the history of the game combined but we will have gotten rid of that nasty old fighting, right?

Until the league itself takes fighting out of the game there is always going to have to be people who fight in it. Is it right? its debatable but that is how it is.

But hey, go ask ANY player if they are happy to have an enforcer or two on their teams and they will tell you that they are, they may not want fighting in the game (99, 66, 68 to name a few) but they were all happy to have them on their teams.

As for me, I did what I had to do when I was asked to do it and never gave it a second thought, when and where I played it was part of almost every game.

Your real gutshot point would have been (since you "felt" the need to make one) to say to me something like *maybe if you had been a better all around player you wouldn't have had to fight so much* which I would get a bit flustered hearing but in the end I would somewhat agree with you about.

But that was hockey then more so than now, that's for sure.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:29 AM
  #333
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,699
vCash: 500
So...if Parse is really day to day could this be why there has not been a callup? I mean they should be giving Cliche, Holloway, King a chance otherwise since Westgarth will not dress in playoffs. I know many are not sold on Parse but he brings more offensive creativity than anyone else in the organization not currently with the Kings(except Loktionov who is also injured) and yes he is obviously not gonna be huge after missing most of the season, but might able to help somewhat. Could these be playoff lines?

Penner - Moller - Parse
Smyth - Stoll - Brown
Ponikarovsky - Handzus - Simmonds
Clifford - Lewis - Richardson

Dont get caught up in 1, 2, 3, 4 this is 4 lines you can roll at anybody, I am a big proponant of having depth and spreading out talent like that. I know Moller played center in junior, can he play that role as pro?

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:42 AM
  #334
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Nah, I was the really big guy unfortunately.

You don't win them all but hey, your right we shouldn't have an enforcer on the team at all and even more to the point we should be the first team to simply not fight, right?

That's it Maynard, you write the petition and I will get it signed up for you.

We the Kings are going to be the first team in the history of the game of hockey to simply say that no matter the circumstances, no matter what happens we will refuse to fight.

That would do it, right?


Oh, and you know what, we can change our name from the Kings to the Los Angeles Turtles! Hey and we can have a guy getting pummeled hiding beneath a turtle shell as our logo!!!

Sure we will lose a ton of games and have more man hours lost to injury then all of the teams in the history of the game combined but we will have gotten rid of that nasty old fighting, right?

Until the league itself takes fighting out of the game there is always going to have to be people who fight in it. Is it right? its debatable but that is how it is.

But hey, go ask ANY player if they are happy to have an enforcer or two on their teams and they will tell you that they are, they may not want fighting in the game (99, 66, 68 to name a few) but they were all happy to have them on their teams.

As for me, I did what I had to do when I was asked to do it and never gave it a second thought, when and where I played it was part of almost every game.

Your real gutshot point would have been (since you "felt" the need to make one) to say to me something like *maybe if you had been a better all around player you wouldn't have had to fight so much* which I would get a bit flustered hearing but in the end I would somewhat agree with you about.

But that was hockey then more so than now, that's for sure.
Geez dude, relax. I was just taking a dig at Johnny Utah's "big guy in the bar" philosophy. It wasn't a mission statement. I quite enjoy the fist throws.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:43 AM
  #335
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Double post. Your mom works at a truck stop.


Last edited by Maynard: 03-29-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:45 AM
  #336
likid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maribor
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Just asking..

High ankle sprain is that the same as broken fibula and are we talking about multiple ligaments torn? Meaning every report from Slovenian news sources where just BULL.

I'm not calling out the guys that posted the reports but the original sources if this was all just lies and speculation by Slovenian media.

So I ask again were the reports from Slovenia false or not?
I don't think Slovenian reports were false. Before MRI mr. Kopitar said he'll be back in three-four weeks if there will be no damage with soft tissue.

Now we are talking about broken fibula (in slovenian: zlomljena mečnica) and one torn ligament. And this is official statement from spokes person of slovenian hockey federation. And his source is either Matjaz Kopitar (father) or Anze himself.

likid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:50 AM
  #337
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?
 
FanSince2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Dancing Boy was right again..on injury report
I believe he said broken fibula.

There is nothing to indicate from the latest reports that anything is broken.

The reports are a high-ankle sprain with torn ligaments that need repair with surgery, so I would say that maybe DB was not correct with his report.

FanSince2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:03 AM
  #338
KillerKampfer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lake Titicaca
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
High ankle sprains need time. Now he will get it. Him not playing in the playoffs is best for next year although Kopitar at 50% is possibly enough to put the Kings into the WCF's if he came back in round 2 IMO hes that good and its probably worth it.

THis guy might be the best all around center in the league with his solid defensive play so letting him start next year as close as possible to 100% isnt a bad thing. Still an awful blow.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:25 AM
  #339
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Everyone needs to relax on the injury reports. Until Anze had his MRI, no one, including the doctors, knew what was going on. Most likely, doctors gave an initial prognosis that needed to be confirmed or refuted by the MRI. I wouldn't call the Slovenian Federation or Dancing Boy out on this one-- they were simply reporting the initial prognosis, which was then updated with additional testing.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 12:38 PM
  #340
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
I don't think Slovenian reports were false. Before MRI mr. Kopitar said he'll be back in three-four weeks if there will be no damage with soft tissue.

Now we are talking about broken fibula (in slovenian: zlomljena mečnica) and one torn ligament. And this is official statement from spokes person of slovenian hockey federation. And his source is either Matjaz Kopitar (father) or Anze himself.
Pa tle (v LA) pravijo da ni nic slomleno??? Kdo ma prav?

Transl:

Here (in LA) they are saying no broken bones??? Who is right?


Last edited by alpa: 03-29-2011 at 01:05 PM.
alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
  #341
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2010 View Post
I believe he said broken fibula.

There is nothing to indicate from the latest reports that anything is broken.

The reports are a high-ankle sprain with torn ligaments that need repair with surgery, so I would say that maybe DB was not correct with his report.
This is what confuses me Slovenian Federation is talking about a broken fibula while Hammond says nothing is broken , high-ankle sprain, which I have to admit that I'm not 100% sure what that is.

Edit. Googled high ankle-sprain, now I know.


Last edited by alpa: 03-29-2011 at 01:01 PM.
alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
  #342
likid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maribor
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Pa tle (v LA) pravijo da ni nic slomleno??? Do ma prav?

Transl:

Here (in LA) they are saying no broken bones??? Who is right?
I personally expect that there in Slovenia will very soon be interwiew with Anze Kopitar in one of the newspaper or internet site and then we will know for sure.

But you have to know that only source for our Hockey Federation is Matjaz Kopitar or Anze himself. That's why I believe them. But at the end, if fibula is broken or not, it doesen't change much. Torn ligament is the reason for season ending injury.

likid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:12 PM
  #343
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
I personally expect that there in Slovenia will very soon be interwiew with Anze Kopitar in one of the newspaper or internet site and then we will know for sure.

But you have to know that only source for our Hockey Federation is Matjaz Kopitar or Anze himself. That's why I believe them. But at the end, if fibula is broken or not, it doesen't change much. Torn ligament is the reason for season ending injury.
Yeah, you are right his season is over anyway but I wonder if there is an advantage if the bone isn't broken, meaning their would be less chances for complications with the ligaments healing.

I am just praying he will get back 100 % for the training camp.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:21 PM
  #344
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,442
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Yeah, you are right his season is over anyway but I wonder if there is an advantage if the bone isn't broken, meaning their would be less chances for complications with the ligaments healing.

I am just praying he will get back 100 % for the training camp.
A broken bone requires a cast to make sure the bone heals properly. Torn ligaments means a doctor has to go in a re-attach stuff, sometimes they have to take ligaments from cadavers or other parts of your body to get it back to normal. I've also had a nasty ankle sprain from playing hockey and I would have rather had a broken bone. The good news like others have said is he will have very strong legs after his rehab is over. Hopefully the Kings will give him a trainer that will really push him and get him to do exercises and movements he hasn't done before.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:05 PM
  #345
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Yeah, you are right his season is over anyway but I wonder if there is an advantage if the bone isn't broken, meaning their would be less chances for complications with the ligaments healing.

I am just praying he will get back 100 % for the training camp.
I've heard people say that breaking the bone is better than having a high ankle sprain. I can't tell you why that is but it is probably for the reasons mentioned in the post above.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:09 PM
  #346
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
does it really matter?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:12 PM
  #347
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I've heard people say that breaking the bone is better than having a high ankle sprain. I can't tell you why that is but it is probably for the reasons mentioned in the post above.
It must be a disadvantage if both happened.
I understand that you would prefer one over the other but not both together. It must be better if the bone is not broken at the same time as there is ligament damage.

There has been some confusion if the fibula is broken or not and I would prefer it wasn't due to less complications but that is my own assumption.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
  #348
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
does it really matter?
I believe it does matter..read post above

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:33 PM
  #349
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
does it really matter?
does anything matter?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
  #350
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I believe it does matter..read post above
still i ask... broken, not broken, torn or otherwise... what IS known is that Kopitar is having surgery tomorrow. that means he almost certainly will not be back this season.

who was first, who was more correct, whatever... it doesn't matter. no configuration of the apparent injury is likely to mitigate his career all that much. in other words, barring any unforeseen and unfortunate complications like some horrible infection to the point of amputation, he should make a full recovery.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
does anything matter?
that's deep.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.