HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks @ Preds - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

Old
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Canucks @ Preds - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Just freakin' win!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:02 AM
don28

Looking forward to the game tonight. The wife and I are sitting in the All-You-Can-Eat section tonight.

don28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:16 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Please win.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:18 AM
cocacola

got a good feeling about this one... Sk is going to be a star player tonight

cocacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:26 AM
SK74 Snipes

Suter with an assist, Weber with a goal. 3-2 preds.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:37 AM
SK74 Snipes

Im starting to despise Vancouver based purely on their terrible fan base. Looking at there board would make you think they don't even like hockey... Don't get me wrong there are a few good ones defending us etc. but for the most part just people whining about there awesome team.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Im starting to despise Vancouver based purely on their terrible fan base. Looking at there board would make you think they don't even like hockey... Don't get me wrong there are a few good ones defending us etc. but for the most part just people whining about there awesome team.
I hate to be rude but it's "their" that you would want to use in this case. Their is the possessive one.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
predfan24

It's pretty bad when you want to beat a team so bad just because you want to stick it to the other team's fan base. Overall Canuck fans here at HF are by far the most defensive and cocky. I would love to see the Preds shut the Nucks down again so I can see more Van fans whine about how boring we are.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 12:22 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Win it for Warren.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:04 PM
shootthepuck

I have a good feeling about this one. I think the most boring team in hockey will knock out the best team of all time in the playoffs (well best team of all time according to nucks fans). I dont think I should be optimistic but for some reason I think we will beat Vancouver then lose to Colorado... Classic Preds stuff this season. Luckily the bad teams dont get invited to the playoffs.

shootthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Jet91

Well, it certainly looks like a few bad Canuck apples have spoiled the bunch over here on the Nashville boards. haha I'm sorry to see that.

Not really looking forward to this game for the simple fact that I think your boys are gonna take this one. Canucks are ridding high these days but they have nothing left to play for and are due for a lose. I think a gritty hard working team like the Preds are going to do it. The injuries are also starting to pile up again. I'm thinking a 2 or 3 nothing game for Nashville.

Again, sorry for the few knuckleheads. It doesn't feel good being lumped in with those people that make our team's name a dirty word. I wish our online fanbase would represent our team better sometimes. I have nothing but respect for your team and your great fanbase, and understand that they very well could knock out Vancouver in Round 1. That's why I want nothing to do with you guys. lol That and because I want to see Nashville go deep this year.

Good luck tonight!

Jet91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Everlong
-

Time to take down those canuckleheads. Inching closer and closer to those wings. Without Dats, Franzen, and now Howard (thanks to my hometown leafs, you're welcome), I could see them passing the division title on to us by the end of the season.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Keep the streak alive... Though I'm worried that doing a Warren cover song will be an issue.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:30 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet91 View Post
Well, it certainly looks like a few bad Canuck apples have spoiled the bunch over here on the Nashville boards. haha I'm sorry to see that.

Not really looking forward to this game for the simple fact that I think your boys are gonna take this one. Canucks are ridding high these days but they have nothing left to play for and are due for a lose. I think a gritty hard working team like the Preds are going to do it. The injuries are also starting to pile up again. I'm thinking a 2 or 3 nothing game for Nashville.

Again, sorry for the few knuckleheads. It doesn't feel good being lumped in with those people that make our team's name a dirty word. I wish our online fanbase would represent our team better sometimes. I have nothing but respect for your team and your great fanbase, and understand that they very well could knock out Vancouver in Round 1. That's why I want nothing to do with you guys. lol That and because I want to see Nashville go deep this year.

Good luck tonight!
Ty for your kind words and for not being a cocky canuck fan that only bashes us preds fans, good luck tonight

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:32 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Okay, Predators. Listen. I've developed a fondness for Frosties, see? And I want to keep getting my Frosties, see? And if something were to happen to prevent me from getting my Frosties I'd be mighty upset, see? You understand? Alright then. Go out there and bring daddy a Frosty.

/gangster mode off.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
dulzhok

My first prefernce of playoff opponent is the Cancuks. I don't think we have a good chance against them, but I like our chances better than any other opponent. Maybe close with Phoenix.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
hefsbeaver

Canucks fan coming in peace.......... You have spoken the truth about some of the fans on our site the are d-bags....but what do u do. I have a huge respect for your hockey team and I am a little torn on this game......if we beat you, you may end up 8th in the west and we may have to play u in the first round, this is the match up that I am least hoping for as I can see the Preds advance to the 2nd round for the first time this year. Your team is very underrated here on hf boards. However your building is the only one in the west that we have not won in this year so I am hoping for a victory for that reason. The truth of the matter is I just want there to be NO INJURIES!!!!!!!!! man this is crazy the amount of injuries we have had. Should be a low scoring game as the best 2 defensive teams going head to head.....

hefsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 03:01 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefsbeaver View Post
Canucks fan coming in peace.......... You have spoken the truth about some of the fans on our site the are d-bags....but what do u do. I have a huge respect for your hockey team and I am a little torn on this game......if we beat you, you may end up 8th in the west and we may have to play u in the first round, this is the match up that I am least hoping for as I can see the Preds advance to the 2nd round for the first time this year. Your team is very underrated here on hf boards. However your building is the only one in the west that we have not won in this year so I am hoping for a victory for that reason. The truth of the matter is I just want there to be NO INJURIES!!!!!!!!! man this is crazy the amount of injuries we have had. Should be a low scoring game as the best 2 defensive teams going head to head.....
Holy crap I spit my coffee all over the screen when I read your screenname!

I am in total agreement about no injuries. What's the latest on Hamhuis? Is it confirmed he has another concussion?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

yeah we may have our share of DB's on the Canucks board, but the general consensus is that we in no way or form want to meet Nashville in the first round. No way.

There is definitely respect for your team, specifically at playoff time, from Canucks fans around here. People just choose not to look for the good things.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Okay, Predators. Listen. I've developed a fondness for Frosties, see? And I want to keep getting my Frosties, see? And if something were to happen to prevent me from getting my Frosties I'd be mighty upset, see? You understand? Alright then. Go out there and bring daddy a Frosty.

/gangster mode off.
LOL.

I might already be stock pipling frosties in the freezer.
Come on Pres! I have a little room left on the freezer door!

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Just win it, Preds. Anaheim and Chicago are getting too close for comfort. SK--2 more points would be really cool.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebank_miceelf View Post
yeah we may have our share of DB's on the Canucks board, but the general consensus is that we in no way or form want to meet Nashville in the first round. No way.

There is definitely respect for your team, specifically at playoff time, from Canucks fans around here. People just choose not to look for the good things.
there's a pretty lengthy thread on the main board right now filled with Canucks fans that only hope NOT to play Nashville because it would be a "boring trapfest."

Hence some of the vitriol

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Any word on your guys' starting lineup?

Quote:
Time to take down those canuckleheads.
Easy now! I don't think I've done anything to offend you(yet).

Best of luck tonight.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 04:21 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Any word on your guys' starting lineup?

Easy now! I don't think I've done anything to offend you(yet).

Best of luck tonight.
just posted them in your thread Good luck to you guys. It's always a hard fought battle.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote