HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton - Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2011, 05:30 PM
  #26
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Hell no, maybe if its

2011 first
Eberle
2012 first
Ganger

But im never trading Weber, and EDM would have to give up way to much. Weber is the cornerstone of the franchise

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
  #27
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
So Nashville is supposed to trade Weber, a top 10 defenseman in the league, if not top 5 and not get Hall or Eberle in the deal? Hall has not proven anything yet other than he's going to be good. How good is still up for debate. In Weber you get a franchise defenseman and we get Gagner, Omark and a number 1 pick? Thanks but no thanks. How about you trade us Hall and we send you O'Reilly, Watson and a number 1 pick. You wouldn't be so happy about it. Think about what you're saying before making ridiculous trade proposals that make no sense to either side.

If Weber goes anywhere, a game breaker comes back to Nashville, plain and simple. Anything less than that and Nashville laughs at the offer.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
  #28
McOilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
McOilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,316
vCash: 50
Different type of proposal.

Something around Hemsky and Josi+(probably one of your forward prospects)?

Before everyone says, "OMG!! I wouldn't trade a 7th round draft choice for Hemsky for injury!!!", consider Havlat had a similar stretch of seasons games played wise and netted the Blackhawks a pretty nice package including a 2nd.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:09 PM
  #29
Moneypuck
Registered User
 
Moneypuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
I think Shea will sign a one yr extension with the Preds, he'll be anxious to call his own shot July 1 2012. Why would Edmonton give all that up when you could sign him for free July 2012. Why have Weber here when we know the Oilers will be a lottery team again next year.

The Oilers should grab 4 or 5 centers with their selections this coming draft, maybe two are with the big club within a year. Save your pennies for Weber in 2012 and hope we can get something for Hemsky and Gagner to help in other positions.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:48 PM
  #30
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Different type of proposal.

Something around Hemsky and Josi+(probably one of your forward prospects)?

Before everyone says, "OMG!! I wouldn't trade a 7th round draft choice for Hemsky for injury!!!", consider Havlat had a similar stretch of seasons games played wise and netted the Blackhawks a pretty nice package including a 2nd.
I'm really confused by this post... Are you trying to say Nashville should trade Edmonton Weber "around Hemsky and Josi+"? And your reasoning is based on what Chicago got for Havlat?


I am so lost because Chicago didn't trade Havlat... he walked as a UFA.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:52 PM
  #31
McOilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
McOilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,316
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
I'm really confused by this post... Are you trying to say Nashville should trade Edmonton Weber "around Hemsky and Josi+"? And your reasoning is based on what Chicago got for Havlat?


I am so lost because Chicago didn't trade Havlat... he walked as a UFA.
No, not Weber.

Something around Hemsky for Josi.

And my mistake on Chicago, I meant his trade from the Sens.

McOilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:55 PM
  #32
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
I think Shea will sign a one yr extension with the Preds, he'll be anxious to call his own shot July 1 2012. Why would Edmonton give all that up when you could sign him for free July 2012. Why have Weber here when we know the Oilers will be a lottery team again next year.

The Oilers should grab 4 or 5 centers with their selections this coming draft, maybe two are with the big club within a year. Save your pennies for Weber in 2012 and hope we can get something for Hemsky and Gagner to help in other positions.
If Weber is so anxious to be a UFA, why did he only sign a 3 year deal back in 2008, as opposed to a 4 year which would have brought him to UFA?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
  #33
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
No, not Weber.

Something around Hemsky for Josi.

And my mistake on Chicago, I meant his trade from the Sens.
Thanks for the clarification... I was beyond lost.



I think a Josi - Hemsky trade is fair for both teams, if not it favors Nashville. Even 1 year of Hemsky (IMO) is worth more then Josi.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
  #34
oilers1084
Registered User
 
oilers1084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
I edited that, I meant this years pick, 2011.

Its essentially Larsson/Nugent-Hopkins/Couturier/Landeskog (who I think is the best scorer/powerforward)

And Hemsky (would be the best forward on the Preds)

And Omark, a very creative, hard working swede.
I rather just take Larsson, then give up a bunch to get Weber.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:08 PM
  #35
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Thanks for the clarification... I was beyond lost.



I think a Josi - Hemsky trade is fair for both teams, if not it favors Nashville. Even 1 year of Hemsky (IMO) is worth more then Josi.
I would love to have Hemsky in Nashville if he could stay healthy. Not saying he wouldn't but his history does not favor him playing a full 82 game schedule very often.

As far as the Josi comments, you may be right but I have a funny feeling you may be very wrong about Josi. The coaches in Milwaukee have stated that Josi is the best defensive prospect to ever come thru Milwaukee and you have to remember, these guys have seen the likes of Weber, Suter, Klein, Franson and Blum so that says a lot about this 20 year old.

I had a chance to watch him at camp and he's very much like Suter in the way he handles himself on the ice. I know camp isn't the NHL but the styles and his game are almost spot on with Suter. If Josi turns into that type of player, I'd say acquiring Josi would be a very nice piece that might be better than Hemsky in the long run. No way to tell at this point obviously. Fun to discuss but it would intrigue me if I was a GM and that offer was on the table. Would be hard to turn down from either side to be quite honest.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:10 PM
  #36
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
I think Shea will sign a one yr extension with the Preds, he'll be anxious to call his own shot July 1 2012. Why would Edmonton give all that up when you could sign him for free July 2012. Why have Weber here when we know the Oilers will be a lottery team again next year.

The Oilers should grab 4 or 5 centers with their selections this coming draft, maybe two are with the big club within a year. Save your pennies for Weber in 2012 and hope we can get something for Hemsky and Gagner to help in other positions.
Where do you get this info from? You think so therefore it will happen? OK. I think Nashville will win the Cup this year. Now we're both dreaming.

Even if Weber signed a one year deal and became a UFA after next season, why would he want to sign in Edmonton? Wouldn't he want to go to a contender as opposed to a team that is still rebuilding? I don't see the logic in him going there over staying in Nashville to be quite honest. But hey, dream all you like.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
  #37
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I would love to have Hemsky in Nashville if he could stay healthy. Not saying he wouldn't but his history does not favor him playing a full 82 game schedule very often.

As far as the Josi comments, you may be right but I have a funny feeling you may be very wrong about Josi. The coaches in Milwaukee have stated that Josi is the best defensive prospect to ever come thru Milwaukee and you have to remember, these guys have seen the likes of Weber, Suter, Klein, Franson and Blum so that says a lot about this 20 year old.

I had a chance to watch him at camp and he's very much like Suter in the way he handles himself on the ice. I know camp isn't the NHL but the styles and his game are almost spot on with Suter. If Josi turns into that type of player, I'd say acquiring Josi would be a very nice piece that might be better than Hemsky in the long run. No way to tell at this point obviously. Fun to discuss but it would intrigue me if I was a GM and that offer was on the table. Would be hard to turn down from either side to be quite honest.
Came to post this. Josi is on the same tier as Blum and Ellis, if not above them. The guy has sick skills, and, if he can put it all together, has top two potential. If Hemsky stays healthy, its a decent deal, but I think you're undervaluing Josi.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:07 PM
  #38
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,261
vCash: 500
Hemsky for Josi, we need dmen and hopefully he can start for us next year.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.