HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations Part II

Old
03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
As much as we would all hope the fan bridges or whatever they are called get scrapped...i just don't see it happening. They are one of the signature pieces of the new Garden.
I would say a big part of it determines how much the transformation winds up costing as I said earlier. One thing that hurts is the fact that there is gonna be seats up there so now they could make money from those bridges which gives them even less of a reason to take them out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I can't wait for people to be sitting in the upper bowl in the 12-13 season enjoying the view and then finding out there's gonna be a ****ing bridge in front of them next year.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
More importantly, who wants to spend the whole game being distracted by people walking around above them?
Also, who wants to lose their view of Gardenvision at center ice?

Quote:
Then again, only people in what would have been the old 300s/400s would be bothered, so it's not like that matters.
That's cold! I sit in the 400's. Venturing to guess more and more people will be looking for tickets in the 400's after the price increases.... Wouldn't be surprised if prices went up again in 2 years when the renovations are completed.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Also, who wants to lose their view of Gardenvision at center ice?
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
That's cold! I sit in the 400's. Venturing to guess more and more people will be looking for tickets in the 400's after the price increases.... Wouldn't be surprised if prices went up again in 2 years when the renovations are completed.
Sorry, I meant to say it's not like those people matter (to Dolan.) And I think your tickets are going to get jacked up next summer. 400s are gone. 300s are about $60 for next season...so they will get hammered for 2012. I'll be surprised if they don't increase at least $10 for the back half of the level and $20 for the better 300s. So you'll have the privilege of having your $40 seats increasing to about $70. But at least you'll only have to wait a another year to watch the people walking around in the sky above you. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 07:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

We all know it's not going to happen because the renovation is already underway and they seem dead set on their plans.

It doesn't stop us from voicing our displeasures about it however. We're Rangers fans, we're really good at complaining about ****

03-29-2011, 09:09 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Good point.

Sorry, I meant to say it's not like those people matter (to Dolan.) And I think your tickets are going to get jacked up next summer. 400s are gone. 300s are about $60 for next season...so they will get hammered for 2012. I'll be surprised if they don't increase at least $10 for the back half of the level and $20 for the better 300s. So you'll have the privilege of having your $40 seats increasing to about $70. But at least you'll only have to wait a another year to watch the people walking around in the sky above you. lol
Next season, 400 level tickets purchased on Ticketmaster will come to $71 a pop after all applicable surcharges and fees. I have to imagine they will approach $80 in the not too distant future.

Luckily I don't own season tickets, I just purchase them at face value from a friend who does (who can't utilize them). I told myself next season I only want to go to 3-4 games instead of 8-10, but we'll see how that goes.... If we sign Brad Richards and the team is really competitive on home ice, that may change quickly.

Old
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Bulls9220

hey now say we go deeper then people think or were in the finals in June or something like that, where do we play? I guess we could play at MSG South (Prudential Center) or something

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestateofmind8 View Post
hey now say we go deeper then people think or were in the finals in June or something like that, where do we play? I guess we could play at MSG South (Prudential Center) or something
They'll be playing at MSG don't worry. The major portion of the project will just have to wait until it's all over. I'm sure they could work it out too that the Rangers stay on the road a little longer than expected to start the season.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I just get a picture of someone in the higher seats trying to watch the game, but they're distracted by the drunk idiot causing a scene in the upper periphery of their eyes.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 09:43 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I just get a picture of someone in the higher seats trying to watch the game, but they're distracted by the drunk idiot causing a scene in the upper periphery of their eyes.
Hey, someone's got to be the first to take a leak off the sky bridge. lol

Old
03-29-2011, 09:45 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hey, someone's got to be the first to take a leak off the sky bridge. lol
Wait until the first projectile vomiting incident.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2810
I'm just curious to know if Larry Brooks ripped Dolan on the bridge idea. He usually loves to completely disagree about everything.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Cannot wait for the first idiot to spill or drop something off a bridge onto someone...can you say lawsuit?? FREE SEASON TICKETS lol i wish, hey thats wat you get dolan you idiot.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

I found a better model of where exactly the bridge will be located and what will be on the bridge:

Old
03-29-2011, 11:56 PM
broadwayblue

Still hard to see exactly which rows it will be above.

Old
03-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

I'm also pretty sure no one asked this question, or thought of it. Where will the TV cameras be located? Hopefully it won't be too low like the Islanders and the Thrashers.

Old
03-30-2011, 12:19 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I found a better model of where exactly the bridge will be located and what will be on the bridge:

Yuck... What a perfect way to ruin a newly renovated arena...

Old
03-30-2011, 01:27 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Someone's just asking to fall off that ****.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 02:02 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:

some those upper deck seats in the model look like they will completely block view of the surface that cant be accurate no seats will extend above the bridge...if they do i will never set foot in msg again...plus im afraid of heights so id be screwed

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Not sure, but I think the bridge is going to be encased in glass, with a glass floor as well, so there will be no way to throw things off the bridge, and supposedly the floor will be glass so you can look down.

03-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Dead

Quote:

That is the view from the 400's after the bridge is in place? Slight obstruction is ok for $80 seats.

Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

That view is NOT from the seats! lol

Come'on guys! Do you really think they are going to put an obstruction in front of seats?!!

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:50 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
some those upper deck seats in the model look like they will completely block view of the surface that cant be accurate no seats will extend above the bridge...if they do i will never set foot in msg again...plus im afraid of heights so id be screwed
unless the walkway is glass/see thru i'm not sure how that doesn't obstruct views in someway if the walkway isn't over the ice...either its going to obstruct the view to the ice or its going to obstruct the view of the scoreboard...either way its a terrible idea and looks stupid.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
That view is NOT from the seats! lol

Come'on guys! Do you really think they are going to put an obstruction in front of seats?!!
No, they are going to claim its "not obstructed" because the whole thing is made of glass thus transparent. Its kind of like how the Reps keep telling me the 200% increases in 5 yrs is justified because this team made the playoffs a few times and making the playoffs means you're a cup contender...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

While the bridges do look cool and offer a unique view, I think they will become more of a distraction. Plus you know someone is going to try throwing something off of it. Plus it looks awkward if it isn't placed right. I think the bridges are more of a liability then an asset.

03-30-2011, 10:38 AM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

The bridge looks like something that might be interesting to check out a couple of times but that thing is going to get old fast. Just seems like a novelty idea to me.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote