HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks @ Preds - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

Old
03-30-2011, 09:43 AM
sighthndlady

vCash: 500
I didn't expect to win last night. I did have my hopes up for the point, but what the hey. We have won 5 out of 6 against playoff-level (maybe not bound - Dallas) teams in the last two weeks. Preds are currently #7. We have five games left against current #2, #12, #13, #14 and EC #11. If we don't make the playoffs with that, this loss against the #1 team in the West and almost certain Presidents' Cup winner isn't going to be the reason.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Concur.

Was hoping for a win, but the likelihood of us winning out was pretty slim. Hope we get back on track, though. That was an ugly loss.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:51 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Can we at least be respectful to the Canucks fans who come here in peace?

Entertaining game, we couldn't get it done in the third and we didn't help Rinne out very much either.

So, who's next in line for the Avs GDT?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:19 AM
jlsg

Burrows = Sean Avery with a little more skill.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:43 AM
predfan24

Wasn't expecting to win after Fisher got the first goal and Vancouver immediatley started outplaying us from there on out but I was and still am severely disappointed we couldn't get a point of of that game. It doesn't matter if you deserve the point or not with 2:30 left in the game you have to bear down at that point and at least make it to OT. Unexcusable to allow a breakaway and by our elite pairing nonetheless. But I don't expect the Preds to dwell on it. Playing Colorado is a perfect chance to jump back into things positively.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 11:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Can we at least be respectful to the Canucks fans who come here in peace?

Entertaining game, we couldn't get it done in the third and we didn't help Rinne out very much either.

So, who's next in line for the Avs GDT?
i sort of think dave and warren should do it again. There was an...erm..extenuating circumstance, this time around, with the accidental GDT posted by a new resident.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Wasn't expecting to win after Fisher got the first goal and Vancouver immediatley started outplaying us from there on out but I was and still am severely disappointed we couldn't get a point of of that game. It doesn't matter if you deserve the point or not with 2:30 left in the game you have to bear down at that point and at least make it to OT. Unexcusable to allow a breakaway and by our elite pairing nonetheless.
Exactly. It's not the fact that we lost but how we lost.You can't let someone get behind you for a breakaway at that point in the game.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Burrows ended JP Dumont's prime three years early.

We played like crap and lost. Shake it off and move on. We're still fighting for a playoff spot.
he ended JP's career with a DIRTY hit - which is really the problem. Hits gonna' happen cause it's a violent game. No place for Burrows and the guys who have no respect for the game and fellow players to be so reckless.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Worst part about playing the Nucks... their fans
yup, dont you just hate when we come to your board after a win?

kinda like how some of your teams fans did after the game before this one...

but yeah

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
i sort of think dave and warren should do it again. There was an...erm..extenuating circumstance, this time around, with the accidental GDT posted by a new resident.
no ... a loss is a loss ... someone else needs to carry the flag for a bit

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:48 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
no ... a loss is a loss ... someone else needs to carry the flag for a bit
congrats to you for the streak.
but agree it would be tempting karma to go back to the same theme.

however, I do think its worth revisiting a proven winner to try to stave off a losing streak so I suggest either back to Predschiks alcoholic theme or tokens bare bones GDTs

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
congrats to you for the streak.
but agree it would be tempting karma to go back to the same theme.

however, I do think its worth revisiting a proven winner to try to stave off a losing streak so I suggest either back to Predschiks alcoholic theme or tokens bare bones GDTs
Hey now I had a five game streak too. People seem to forget it

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
.....so I suggest either back to Predschiks alcoholic theme....

LET'S HIT IT!!

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 02:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I think that is the problem. No one falling an immediately picking themselves up and going forward.

(Well, at least that's what my therapist tells me....)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think a lot of the negative opinions of the Vancouver fan base comes from looking through the NHL forum. It always seems that threads about one of Vancouver/Montreal/Toronto/Pittsburgh are everywhere, and the threads that aren't directly related to those teams tend to derail into an argument between members of one of those fan bases and others You even see threads started by Vancouver fans (picking on them since it's relevant) where fellow Canucks fans come through, tell them they are embarrassing the fan base, and otherwise bemoan yet another thread about how awesome the Canucks/Kesler/The Sedins/The Canucks Defense are or how hurt the team is or how Luongo is always being hated on... it does tend to be a bit much.

Vancouver sticks out more to us because we actually play them enough for it to matter. I know the Canucks have a huge fan base, and I also realize that a lot of newer fans have been coming along. Mix that with the idea that anything goes online because no one will make you pay for it, and you have a recipe for arrogance and douchebaggery.

I was hanging around the Canucks GDT for a bit last night, and it's obvious that the vast majority of the posters there are decent people with a good amount of hockey knowledge. It's just a shame that the few cocky posters overshadow the good posters. Hell at one point I took someone's post the wrong way, politely corrected them (even saying I wasn't sure if he/she was joking or not before I wrote anything else) and the response given to me was so self-righteous it was pathetic... I had to just stop reading posts then

It isn't just Vancouver. Every fan base has their fair share of cocky *******s. Bigger fan bases have more. People with negative opinions tend to be more vocal than those with positive opinions. Ignorant people are less likely to think about the maturity of their post or the possible ramifications (yeah I know it's a message board, but hijacking threads I guess is a "ramification" around here). So I guess it's understandable that the biggest fan bases around here also come across as the most unbearable, self-righteous fan bases

I will say I absolutely HATE the green men. It was funny on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It's just stale and played out now, but that's my opinion.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 02:24 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic FC View Post
Canuck fan here...what is it that Burrows and Kesler have done to upset you? Any player (Burrows) who offers his goals to the heavens...the bow and arrow routine for his dead team mate and best friend (Luc Bourdon)...should be respected by all fans of hockey.

Some of my fellow Canucks fans have stated we don't want you in the first round...I say we are not afraid of any team...however a HUGE amoumt of respect is certainly deserved and owed to your team.
That's cool and all, but no one SHOULD respect it just because they are hockey fans. I appreciate the fact that he still dedicates his goals to a dead friend. Tootoo's number (22) is dedicated to his dead brother. People still hate Tootoo. Why? Because he's "dirty, hits vulnerable players, and is all around a dick to other teams"... sound familiar?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 02:07 AM
jstreet

vCash: 1453
I was bummed about this loss, and then the Blues embarassed the Wings by scoring 10 goals. Now this loss doesnt seem so bad to me.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I think a lot of the negative opinions of the Vancouver fan base comes from looking through the NHL forum. It always seems that threads about one of Vancouver/Montreal/Toronto/Pittsburgh are everywhere, and the threads that aren't directly related to those teams tend to derail into an argument between members of one of those fan bases and others You even see threads started by Vancouver fans (picking on them since it's relevant) where fellow Canucks fans come through, tell them they are embarrassing the fan base, and otherwise bemoan yet another thread about how awesome the Canucks/Kesler/The Sedins/The Canucks Defense are or how hurt the team is or how Luongo is always being hated on... it does tend to be a bit much.

Vancouver sticks out more to us because we actually play them enough for it to matter. I know the Canucks have a huge fan base, and I also realize that a lot of newer fans have been coming along. Mix that with the idea that anything goes online because no one will make you pay for it, and you have a recipe for arrogance and douchebaggery.

I was hanging around the Canucks GDT for a bit last night, and it's obvious that the vast majority of the posters there are decent people with a good amount of hockey knowledge. It's just a shame that the few cocky posters overshadow the good posters. Hell at one point I took someone's post the wrong way, politely corrected them (even saying I wasn't sure if he/she was joking or not before I wrote anything else) and the response given to me was so self-righteous it was pathetic... I had to just stop reading posts then

It isn't just Vancouver. Every fan base has their fair share of cocky *******s. Bigger fan bases have more. People with negative opinions tend to be more vocal than those with positive opinions. Ignorant people are less likely to think about the maturity of their post or the possible ramifications (yeah I know it's a message board, but hijacking threads I guess is a "ramification" around here). So I guess it's understandable that the biggest fan bases around here also come across as the most unbearable, self-righteous fan bases

I will say I absolutely HATE the green men. It was funny on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It's just stale and played out now, but that's my opinion.
We have perfect fans in Nashville

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Sooooooo.... Anyone going to do the GDT for the Avs game or have you ALL given up?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sooooooo.... Anyone going to do the GDT for the Avs game or have you ALL given up?
joetimo appeared to be willing.... and he had a previous win streak...(which I didnt remember)

what about it Joe??

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
What game?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
joetimo appeared to be willing.... and he had a previous win streak...(which I didnt remember)

what about it Joe??
I got it.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I got it.
Tu el hombre!