HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Assembling a roster with former habs...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
  #1
boomboommax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Assembling a roster with former habs...

Here is a little game I thought could be pretty fun... and funny. Try and assemble a with former Canadiens' players. Rules:

-23 player roster (20 starters, 3 scratches)
-At least 4 C's, 4 LW's, 4 RW's, 6 D's & 2 G's
-Cap Compliant


FORWARDS
Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m)
Sergei Samsonov ($2.533m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Michael Ryder ($4.000m)
Guillaume Latendresse ($2.500m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.600m)
Alex Tanguay ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.100m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.900m)
Georges Laraques ($1,500m)/Ben Maxwell ($0.850m) / Arron Asham ($0.700m)
Tom Kostopoulos ($0.916m) / Kyle Chipchura ($0.650m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m) / Raitis Ivanans ($0.600m) / Corey Locke ($0.550m)
Gregory Stewart ($0.550m) / Steve Begin ($0.550m) / Craig Conroy ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Sheldon Souray ($5.400m) / Ron Hainsey ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Mike Komisarek ($4.500m)
Francois Beauchemin ($3.800m) / Craig Rivet ($3.500m)
Stephane Robidas ($3.300m) / Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.350m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.941m)
Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m) / Shawn Belle ($0.600m)
Jassen Cullimore ($0.500m) / Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($5.700m) / Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m) / Jose Theodore ($1.100m) / Cedrick Desjardins ($0.550m)

*Note that players are listed at their "natural" position (in most cases) and in order of salary...

Make the best contender or the worst of it!

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 05:33 PM
  #2
boomboommax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
I'll give it a first crack...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Guillaume Latendresse ($2.500m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m)
Alex Tanguay ($1.700m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m)
Tom Kostopoulos ($0.916m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.900m) / Arron Asham ($0.700m)
Raitis Ivanans ($0.600m) / Steve Begin ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Stephane Robidas ($3.300m)
Francois Beauchemin ($3.800m) / Mike Komisarek ($4.500m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.350m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.941m)
Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m) / Cedrick Desjardins ($0.550m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $51,558,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,841,667

Notice that I have 10 players from la Belle Province... Hehe!
Think we could win the Northeast with that team!

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 05:39 PM
  #3
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboommax View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Guillaume Latendresse ($2.500m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m)
Alex Tanguay ($1.700m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m)
Tom Kostopoulos ($0.916m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.900m) / Arron Asham ($0.700m)
Raitis Ivanans ($0.600m) / Steve Begin ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Stephane Robidas ($3.300m)
Francois Beauchemin ($3.800m) / Mike Komisarek ($4.500m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.350m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.941m)
Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m) / Cedrick Desjardins ($0.550m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $51,558,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,841,667

Notice that I have 10 players from la Belle Province... Hehe!
Think we could win the Northeast with that team!
I hate that D. The Komi/Beauch tandem has bombed in TO. You're right in the sense that it's the best you can make from the parts available, but it's nothing to write home about. I'd tweak Bouillon out for McDonagh in, but that's it.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 05:57 PM
  #4
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
You mean a roster with players many fans wanted ditched asap?

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:05 PM
  #5
boomboommax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Just for fun... At the same time, I was hoping to see a few atrocious lineups, for a good laugh.

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:05 PM
  #6
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,360
vCash: 500
Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt
Gainey-Jarvis-Cournoyer
Tremblay-Mahovlich-Houle
Wilson-Risebrough-Lambert
Mondou-Roberts

Robinson-Lapointe
Savard-Chartraw
Bouchard-Engblom
Nyrop

Dryden
Larocque

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
  #7
boomboommax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
I hate that D. The Komi/Beauch tandem has bombed in TO. You're right in the sense that it's the best you can make from the parts available, but it's nothing to write home about. I'd tweak Bouillon out for McDonagh in, but that's it.
I know the pairing didn't work in TO, but I think it might have to do with Wilson being, IMO, an awful coach...

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
  #8
boomboommax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt
Gainey-Jarvis-Cournoyer
Tremblay-Mahovlich-Houle
Wilson-Risebrough-Lambert
Mondou-Roberts

Robinson-Lapointe
Savard-Chartraw
Bouchard-Engblom
Nyrop

Dryden
Larocque
That's obviously a great lineup! None of those still play though...

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
  #9
Gary320
Registered User
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt
Gainey-Jarvis-Cournoyer
Tremblay-Mahovlich-Houle
Wilson-Risebrough-Lambert
Mondou-Roberts

Robinson-Lapointe
Savard-Chartraw
Bouchard-Engblom
Nyrop

Dryden
Larocque
I was going to post this exactly.
You are clearly winning.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:09 PM
  #10
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboommax View Post
That's obviously a great lineup! None of those still play though...
OP did not mention they had to still play lol.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
  #11
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt
Gainey-Jarvis-Cournoyer
Tremblay-Mahovlich-Houle
Wilson-Risebrough-Lambert
Mondou-Roberts

Robinson-Lapointe
Savard-Chartraw
Bouchard-Engblom
Nyrop

Dryden
Larocque
Just to see this lineup gives me happiness.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
  #12
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
APGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Guillaume Latendresse ($2.500m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Arron Asham ($0.700m)
Michael Ryder ($4.000m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m)
Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.600m)
Maxim Lapierre ($0.900m) / Dominic Moore ($1.100m) / Raitis Ivanans ($0.600m)
/ Ben Maxwell ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mike Komisarek ($4.500m) / Mark Streit ($4.100m)
Stephane Robidas ($3.300m) / Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m)
Ron Hainsey ($4.500m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.941m)
Craig Rivet ($3.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m) / Tomas Vokoun ($5.700m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,841,666; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,558,334

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:01 AM
  #13
habsroom
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
You forget a few x HABS players and draft picks that are playing in the NHL right now so I used some of them on my team. It says nothing about leaving Money at the end of the year for trades and so on so I picked a team that was right against the cap. here is my X HAB team....


CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Guillaume Latendresse ($2.500m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Matt D'Agostini ($.550m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Mark Recchi ($1.950m)
Alex Tanguay ($1.700m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m)
Chris Higgins ($1.600m) / Dominic Moore ($1.100m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m)
Tom Kostopoulos ($0.916m) / / Arron Asham ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Mike Komisarek ($4.500m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Stephane Robidas ($3.300m)
Ron Hainsey ($4.500m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.941m)
/ Matt Carkner ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m) / Tomas Vokoun ($5.700m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,658,333; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $166,667

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 01:46 PM
  #14
Harry Wong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Does anybody know if we have gone through more sucessful guys than any other teams, or does it just seem so? Lots of big scorers we could sure use now.

Harry Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
  #15
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Actually, I'm more interested in the opposite question. What players have increased production in Montreal, like Grabs, Dagger, and Sergei? Players seem to come here and do worse. Gomez and Camm being the most recent examples, though at least Gionta seems to be on par.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
  #16
widowmaker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt
Gainey-Jarvis-Cournoyer
Tremblay-Mahovlich-Houle
Wilson-Risebrough-Lambert
Mondou-Roberts

Robinson-Lapointe
Savard-Chartraw
Bouchard-Engblom
Nyrop

Dryden
Larocque
And totally under the cap!!! With a little wiggle room for tweeking

widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:27 PM
  #17
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboommax View Post
Here is a little game I thought could be pretty fun... and funny. Try and assemble a with former Canadiens' players. Rules:

-23 player roster (20 starters, 3 scratches)
-At least 4 C's, 4 LW's, 4 RW's, 6 D's & 2 G's
-Cap Compliant


FORWARDS
Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Alexei Kovalev ($5.000m)
Sergei Samsonov ($2.533m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Michael Ryder ($4.000m)
Guillaume Latendresse ($2.500m) / Saku Koivu ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.600m)
Alex Tanguay ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.100m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.900m)
Georges Laraques ($1,500m)/Ben Maxwell ($0.850m) / Arron Asham ($0.700m)
Tom Kostopoulos ($0.916m) / Kyle Chipchura ($0.650m) / Matt D'Agostini ($0.550m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m) / Raitis Ivanans ($0.600m) / Corey Locke ($0.550m)
Gregory Stewart ($0.550m) / Steve Begin ($0.550m) / Craig Conroy ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Sheldon Souray ($5.400m) / Ron Hainsey ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Mike Komisarek ($4.500m)
Francois Beauchemin ($3.800m) / Craig Rivet ($3.500m)
Stephane Robidas ($3.300m) / Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.350m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($0.941m)
Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m) / Shawn Belle ($0.600m)
Jassen Cullimore ($0.500m) / Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($5.700m) / Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m) / Jose Theodore ($1.100m) / Cedrick Desjardins ($0.550m)

*Note that players are listed at their "natural" position (in most cases) and in order of salary...

Make the best contender or the worst of it!
MAN! people do whine a lot, cause if you look at it, this year, d'agostini, grabovski, SK and McDonagh are having a good time... but other than those 4, I'm happier with our team than with any all start team made up of those guys.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:28 PM
  #18
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Here's what our real line-up should be.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Latendresse-Grabovski-D'Agostini
Andrei-Eller-Sergei
Higgins-Chipchura-Lapierre

Markov-Gorges
Subban-Gill
Hamrlik-McDonagh
Weber

Price
Auld.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
  #19
Kboum
Registered User
 
Kboum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt
Gainey-Jarvis-Cournoyer
Tremblay-Mahovlich-Houle
Wilson-Risebrough-Lambert
Mondou-Roberts

Robinson-Lapointe
Savard-Chartraw
Bouchard-Engblom
Nyrop

Dryden
Larocque
Ok then I'll try mine! I know the forwards are not all at their respective position, Im so sorry

H. Richard - J. Béliveau - M. Richard
Shutt - Lemaire - Lafleur (can't split that line)
H. Morenz - N. Lalonde - Cournoyer
Naslund - Carbo - Gainey

Harvey - Bouchard
Robinson - Lapointe
Chelios - Savard

Dryden
Plante
Roy

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:59 PM
  #20
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Samsonov-Juneau-Czerkawski
Hossa-Smolinski-McKay
Dagenais-Bonk-Sundstrom
Langdon-Dackell-Audette
Lind,Witehall

Traverse-Niinimaa
Laflamme-Ulanov
Dykhuis-Picard
Leach

Aebischer
Fichaud

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
  #21
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Samsonov-Juneau-Czerkawski
Hossa-Smolinski-McKay
Dagenais-Bonk-Sundstrom
Langdon-Dackell-Audette
Lind,Witehall

Traverse-Niinimaa
Laflamme-Ulanov
Dykhuis-Picard
Leach

Aebischer
Fichaud
OMG YESSSS

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
  #22
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Samsonov-Juneau-Czerkawski
Hossa-Smolinski-McKay
Dagenais-Bonk-Sundstrom
Langdon-Dackell-Audette
Lind,Witehall

Traverse-Niinimaa
Laflamme-Ulanov
Dykhuis-Picard
Leach

Aebischer
Fichaud
Heeeeeeeeeey! The Bonk was awesome

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
  #23
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Here's what our real line-up should be.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Latendresse-Grabovski-D'Agostini
Andrei-Eller-Sergei
Higgins-Chipchura-Lapierre

Markov-Gorges
Subban-Gill
Hamrlik-McDonagh
Weber

Price
Auld.
Nope. With that lineup you have the same problem that we have right now. WAAAAAYYYYYY too soft. Only Chipchura would drop the mitts.

For Montreal to win the Cup again, we need to have a true tough/physical/fighting 4th line that will protect the guys in the top two. We also need to have a couple of DMen who are willing to throw them as well.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:56 PM
  #24
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Actually, I'm more interested in the opposite question. What players have increased production in Montreal, like Grabs, Dagger, and Sergei? Players seem to come here and do worse. Gomez and Camm being the most recent examples, though at least Gionta seems to be on par.
Cammalleri was on pace for 33 goals last year, and has been plagued by injuries this season. I think it's a difficult argument to say that he's been less productive in Montreal.

Kovalev increased production. Pouliot increased. Lang did, too.

I think this is one of those myths, really.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 05:56 PM
  #25
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wong View Post
Does anybody know if we have gone through more sucessful guys than any other teams, or does it just seem so? Lots of big scorers we could sure use now.
It just seems that way.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.