HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

green biscuit vs fly puck?

Old
03-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Parisex9

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Parisex9
green biscuit vs fly puck?

hey guys, im a indoor roller hockey player and i wanted to get a puck for outside training. ive come across the fly puck and the green biscuit as my top 2 choices, i wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on these pucks if they have used them.

also, how are these pucks for shooting?

Parisex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Iplayhockehh

Hey, I've used both for years and I used to practice a hour of day with these pucks.
Fly puck - Good for practicing inside , but it doesn't work so well on a rocky road.
Green biscuit - Good anywhere, but shooting it will make it start bouncing on road since it will start breaking.
The green biscuit is much better than the fly puck 6 oz overall, but the fly puck feels more like a puck in terms of feel. However, my favorite is the hockey puck ball. The hockey puck ball is the only one that worked for me in terms of building skill.

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Gibson19

The green biscuit will not survive much shooting. Can't speak for the fly puck though

Gibson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:06 PM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplayhockehh View Post
Hey, I've used both for years and I used to practice a hour of day with these pucks.
Fly puck - Good for practicing inside , but it doesn't work so well on a rocky road.
Green biscuit - Good anywhere, but shooting it will make it start bouncing on road since it will start breaking.
The green biscuit is much better than the fly puck 6 oz overall, but the fly puck feels more like a puck in terms of feel. However, my favorite is the hockey puck ball. The hockey puck ball is the only one that worked for me in terms of building skill.
Can I get a link to this hockey puck ball or are you just talking about a smart hockey ball?

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
edgevolution
GO USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a komets fan View Post
Can I get a link to this hockey puck ball or are you just talking about a smart hockey ball?
I'm guessing he's just talking about the smart hockey ball. Either way, those things are awesome.

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by a komets fan View Post
Smart hockey ball, yeah Sorry for the confusion.
Forgot to mention that the flypuck is more durable than the green biscuit but not by much, so dont shoot it. The smart hockey ball just works wonders.

Old
03-28-2011, 11:37 PM
r3cc0s

dumb question, I use a floor hockey stick, but what do you guys do to protect your sticks when using them on concrete?

I love the smart hockey ball myself, though I think the green biscuit is more like a real puck... but you can actuality play proper floor hockey with a smart hockeyball

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Blueland89

the biscuit but it is not for shooting just stick handling and passing

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 07:16 AM
izzy3

The GB works everywhere, even on really rough tarmac, but it's kind of loud. The flypuck is not so loud, and maybe has a closer feel to a real puck, but it is also slower than a GB, and needs a very smooth surface to work. If you don't hit a post with a GB you can shoot it too, but it might break faster than the FP.

I find me using a smart hockey ball picking up some bad habits (I roll the stick over the ball, thus never losing contact, when dribling). Obviously not something you want to do on the ice.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy3 View Post
The GB works everywhere, even on really rough tarmac, but it's kind of loud. The flypuck is not so loud, and maybe has a closer feel to a real puck, but it is also slower than a GB, and needs a very smooth surface to work. If you don't hit a post with a GB you can shoot it too, but it might break faster than the FP.

I find me using a smart hockey ball picking up some bad habits (I roll the stick over the ball, thus never losing contact, when dribling). Obviously not something you want to do on the ice.
If you want the smart hockey ball to take your skills to the next level, you have to make sure you're not rolling over, that will help you so much when you transfer over to a puck.

Old
04-01-2011, 10:03 AM
trtaylor

Inside, on a very smooth surface (shooting pad or laminate flooring) I prefer the FlyPuck. As others have stated, it feels much more like a real puck.

Outside, on rougher surfaces, the Green Biscuit is the better choice.

trtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 03:38 AM
izzy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplayhockehh View Post
If you want the smart hockey ball to take your skills to the next level, you have to make sure you're not rolling over, that will help you so much when you transfer over to a puck.
Gonna try this today, I still have that SHB somewhere.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote