HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timonen: possible hip flexor, expected to play Thursday

Old
03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Playing the number 7 seed instead of the 8 seed wont make all that much difference in our chances. Having an injured D core will.
Again, I was looking at it from Kimmo's perspective. He'll want to play until the first seed is wrapped up (and probably after that, as well).

03-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Playing the number 7 seed instead of the 8 seed wont make all that much difference in our chances. Having an injured D core will.
As has been mentioned by all the pundits over and over again, there is a great big difference between winning the Division and not... If the Flyers come in second to Washington and fall to second in the Conference, yes they could then face the #7 seed rather than the #8... BUT, if they lose the Division they will be in no better than the 4th seed with the Division winners locking up the first three.

What that means is the Pens would face the 7th/8th seed and the Flyers would meet a team like TB... The Bolts could cause much more trouble for the Flyers than Buffalo or Rangers... or maybe even he Canes or Leafs... or possibly the Habs.

So while losing to the Caps may not make much difference, losing out to the Pens -- God forbid -- could be a huge difference... Especially if Miller's problem turns out to one that hampers him in the Postseason.

That said... I believe they should handle Kimmo with the full intention of having him playing well in the Playoffs.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Eh, if he is injured a little I'd say let him sit a game. But if he says he can play let him play.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

he's a leader he'll play

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
Id rather him play this game and if we win sit him on friday for some rest, esp if pit loses tomorrow.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:32 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Has there been any news on Pronger yet? I know they said they were shooting for the last 2 games, but has there been any news about his progress?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:24 AM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
As has been mentioned by all the pundits over and over again, there is a great big difference between winning the Division and not... If the Flyers come in second to Washington and fall to second in the Conference, yes they could then face the #7 seed rather than the #8... BUT, if they lose the Division they will be in no better than the 4th seed with the Division winners locking up the first three.

What that means is the Pens would face the 7th/8th seed and the Flyers would meet a team like TB... The Bolts could cause much more trouble for the Flyers than Buffalo or Rangers... or maybe even he Canes or Leafs... or possibly the Habs.

So while losing to the Caps may not make much difference, losing out to the Pens -- God forbid -- could be a huge difference... Especially if Miller's problem turns out to one that hampers him in the Postseason.

That said... I believe they should handle Kimmo with the full intention of having him playing well in the Playoffs.
At the risk of broken record syndrome, I smack my head with frustration. Again, that huge lead in December.. and now there is a possibility of dropping to 4th seed???

Not good.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote