HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zuccarell-uh-oh

Old
03-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Zuccarello averaging 0,55 points pr. game = not satisfying (22/40)
Stepan avergaing 0,54 pr. game = success (41/76)

And haveeven averaging icetime pr. game lower than Stepan. I guess Zuccarello really must suck when it comes to defense work
Stepan is an organizational stalwart and highly touted. Torts has to be more careful with him than FA signing Zucc. If anyone thinks this isn't true, climb out of your box IMO.

Plus, Stepan has scored many more goals than Zucc (albeit in more games played), is a better goalscorer, seems to be better defensively, and has shown up in the clutch at times this year.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Vitto79

Zuccarello will get back in. He needs to still learn the game but has potential to keep getting better. We forget he's still very young

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Valiante

vCash: 800
Zucca obviously doesnt fit in on our team.

I really hope another team picks him up though and plays him the way he should be played, I really like the kid and want to see him succeed.

Valiante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

If he's back tonight, then he better be hungry...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Glad to see people writing him off already.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiante View Post
Zucca obviously doesnt fit in on our team.

I really hope another team picks him up though and plays him the way he should be played, I really like the kid and want to see him succeed.
I start to believe the same. Zuke's playstyle does get hampered in this run & gun, dump & chase system. Zuccarello wants puck possession, this team doesn't. He is talented enough to be a good player in NHL, but I don't think it will be on this team. He's not utilized to his strengths.

He might be able to adapt his playstyle even further though, who knows.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:58 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Seriously

He's still learning, give it a rest. Rookies go through ups and downs. Just look at Callahan.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I was just gonna say the same thing. But I guess this is just Rangers fans in a nutshell. Impatient and never satisfied. Always finds something to complain about or someone to pick on

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Dagh

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I was just gonna say the same thing. But I guess this is just Rangers fans in a nutshell. Impatient and never satisfied. Always finds something to complain about or someone to pick on
Judging "Rangers fans" by the posts of a couple of them seems a bit harsh. In general on HFBoards, not just in the Rangers section, there's a small percentage of people who get very exicted when things are going well, then very down when they aren't. Then there are some people who are constantly glum and people who are constantly daydreaming. I wouldn't say they make up an accurate representation of the whole fanbase though. What you ought to be saying is "some people.."

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If the kid doesn't improve his skating and his strength he won't last in the NHL.

Plain and simple.

He isn't getting scratched and benched because of his skill level or attitude.

He's getting scratched and benched because his size started to be a factor. It effected him at even strength where he was a non factor for a while now. And his skating coupled with lack of strength has caused him to be unreliable defensively.

For players his size they need to be VERY strong, and need to be elite skaters.

He is neither of the two.

He has a lot of work to do in the summer, and guys like Kreider 6-3 220, Werek 6-2 200, Grachev 6-4 220 will be in camp as will Thomas coming off a 50 goal season and Hagelin who was one of the better NCAA players the last two years.

It has nothing to do with "giving up on him" but more to do with being a realist.

If the kid doesn't get stronger...much stronger, and vastly improve his skating, he is not going to make it.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Not ready to write Zuccarello off by any means, hes one of the more inheritantly gifted offensive talents on the team, but his size and the lack of space at this level is causing him problems which is a bit of a concern.

That said, I think the only reason hes sitting right now is because we only have 4 healthy centers on the roster in Anisimov, Stepan, Boyle, and Christensen.

Christensen is an absolute waste of space if hes not riding the coattails of a hot Gaborik. Luckily for him, hes a warm body that plays center, which is the only reason I can imagine that hes still in the lineup.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote