HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Canucks 3/31/10 - First big post-Kopitar test

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Darn, thanks for the info. I don't have an AmEx card. Though, after your post, I saw the normal sale is tomorrow. I'm hoping I'm able to get game 1 as I did last year.
If you "like" the la kings on facebook you can buy them now. They went on sale at 2 today.

Old
03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Then maybe you should just rejoin the Kings in October. I think the Lakers have a playoff series coming up in a few weeks.
First off, I HATE basketball. Second, are we only allowed to express a "hunch" if it's positive?

Old
03-30-2011, 08:01 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I don't think that there has been a "top line" on our team for this entire season, except for maybe when we got Penner. People get too caught up in "Line 1" and "Line 2." The Kings have a balanced attack. Its more so of a 1A-1C type of thing, excluding the Clifford/Richardson line.

In regards to Wayne Simmonds, I don't believe that he got his fair shake on the top line, but I don't think it really matters. Wayne Simmonds is going to do his thing no matter who his line mates are.

Back to the topic at hand though, I hate the Vancouver Canucks team and their fan-base with everything that I own. Go Kings!

Old
03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I like our chances against this team.

I give us a good shot.

Go Kings Go!!!

Old
03-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
First off, I HATE basketball. Second, are we only allowed to express a "hunch" if it's positive?
You can express whatever you want but you look like a sad sack or a drama queen when you are predicting the Kings to not even score a goal.

I wish I could remember the game but you made some other gloomy prediction in a GDT a few weeks back and the Kings ended up winning. I'll take your predictions with a grain of salt.

You want a prediction? The Kings will win the Stanely Cup this year. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings will not win the Stanley Cup this season.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:36 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
No man, my bad. Express whatever you want.

I'm just having a certain level of frustration with people who continue to write this team off every time we see some adverstity.

I'm not saying we all need to be "superfan number one" but I think a certain measure of support is needed to call yourself a fan (not YOU personally, just in general).

Old
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
No man, my bad. Express whatever you want.

I'm just having a certain level of frustration with people who continue to write this team off every time we see some adverstity.

I'm not saying we all need to be "superfan number one" but I think a certain measure of support is needed to call yourself a fan (not YOU personally, just in general).
But Murray's offense still sucks, right?

Old
03-30-2011, 08:52 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings will not win the Stanley Cup this season.
I love how anyone (analysts, bloggers, beat writers, BB posters) thinks they can say this with any kind of authority. Anyone who thinks the Kings don't have a chance of advancing past the other teams hasn't been paying attention to the nature of game for the last 10 years.

NOBODY KNOWS ****.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
But Murray's offense still sucks, right?
You might have me confused with someone else. I have no problems with Murrays gameplans, lines, or press conferences. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the handful of people who can take credit for turning this franchise around.

I have immense respect for "even-keel" approaches to leadership and coaching. I'm a self-declared hot-head. The blood runs hot in my family. It's good for some things, usually leadership isn't one of them.

Old
03-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
I love how anyone (analysts, bloggers, beat writers, BB posters) thinks they can say this with any kind of authority. Anyone who thinks the Kings don't have a chance of advancing past the other teams hasn't been paying attention to the nature of game for the last 10 years.

NOBODY KNOWS ****.
Relax. Just countering your prediction of a Stanley Cup win to balance the universe.

Same with the complaint to counter act your complaint that people shouldn't complain.

Old
03-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Relax. Just countering your prediction of a Stanley Cup win to balance the universe.

Same with the complaint to counter act your complaint that people shouldn't complain.

That was my prediction and I wasn't complaining. Complain/whine/express whatever you want. Go back and read the gdt's from January where a lot of jack ***** around here were throwing in the towel. And guess what? I bet that is exactly what some of those people would call themselves if they read those posts now.

Predicting zero goals scored is fine but you look like a drama queen when you do it (not you, the person who does it). If somebody really believed that, they wouldn't watch the games. But that is why I love reading these boards. There are some entertaining opinions and personalities. The more emotional and reactionary, the more entertaining you are.

And I agree with what the other poster said, the Kings have as good of a shot as anyone to win the Cup once they secure a PO spot. A few years ago the 5-8 seeds in the east advanced to the 2nd round. Edmonton made the finals in 2006 as the 8th seed.. Etc. Etc.

Old
03-30-2011, 09:53 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:

I AM RELAXED!!!!

Old
03-31-2011, 02:51 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

How the team looks in this game, regardless of the outcome, will tell a lot of what to expect sans Kopitar, I think. Obviously it's only one game and only the second after losing him, so there's still an adjustment period, but I think it's a pretty big game in that respect.

Also, I'm tired of seeing people questioning someone's loyalty to the team because they aren't optimistic. Putting fan in quotes when referring to them or telling them to watch the Lakers. Come down off of your high horses.

Last edited by FootKnight: 03-31-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old
03-31-2011, 03:22 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
How the team looks in this game, regardless of the outcome, will tell a lot of what to expect sans Kopitar, I think. Obviously it's only one game and only the second after losing him, so there's still an adjustment period, but I think it's a pretty big game in that respect.

Also, I'm tired of seeing people questioning someone's loyalty to the team because they aren't optimistic. Putting fan in quotes when referring to them or telling them to watch the Lakers. Come down off of your high horses.
Let's hope the team isn't bickering as much as the fans are on this thread. This is essentially a playoff game. Not necessarily in terms of intensity, but in how this team will jell and react from here on forward. This is also a test for Murray in how he shuffles the lines. It wasn't perfect last game, but that's understandable. Of course I want the win, but I agree with others on this thread that I'm more interested in how we play tomorrow.

Old
03-31-2011, 03:28 AM
Orenji

Would not be shocked if we won like 3-0 or 2-1, but I wouldn't be shocked if we got hammered 5-0/6-0.

Old
03-31-2011, 04:33 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Would not be shocked if we won like 3-0 or 2-1, but I wouldn't be shocked if we got hammered 5-0/6-0.
Smyth scoring again will both shock and please me

Old
03-31-2011, 05:43 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Bustin' out the pony magic for this one.

Kings have a grand opportunity to win the season series against the Canucks. I'm hopeful.

Old
03-31-2011, 10:56 AM
stonedhenge

Doughty vs. Burrows is always fun

Old
03-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Capn Brown

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/30...ice-update-15/

Quote:
"...no reinforcements will be on the way, and that the message to the team is to win with what is currently in the locker room. ..."
Is Westgarth really supposed to play against Vancouver? Really?

Old
03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Is Westgarth really supposed to play against Vancouver? Really?
... I'm gonna have to start referring to him as the coach's son.

Randy Jones was his son last season, now it's Westgarth.

Old
03-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

who plays instead of Westgarth though? He is a better choice on the 4th line than someone from Manchester, at least he has played a bunch of NHL games by now so has some experience

Old
03-31-2011, 12:21 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post

It's not a question of loyalty. I just don't see the point of hanging around these boards if you feel like the season is over. If you have no hope for this team, why bring the rest of us down?

Whatever, man. They have the right to neg up this board, just like I have a right to call them a crybaby, just like you have a right to call me a jerk. I just want you to take a look at what was being said here in January and compare it to now.

Old
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
damacles1156

This is a perfect opportunity to see what Westy has as a Hockey player.
Westy passed up chances last night to start scraps to play the game.
I wouldn't be surprised if TM and Dean told him "This is your chance to show us why you belong on the roster next year".

Old
03-31-2011, 12:49 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
who plays instead of Westgarth though? He is a better choice on the 4th line than someone from Manchester, at least he has played a bunch of NHL games by now so has some experience
Harrold at forward?

Closed Thread