HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I would be happy if......

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 09:30 AM
schmieder44

vCash: 500
I would be happy if......

My first post with HF :-), that being said its widely accepted the Rangers will be competeing for the first pick next year. If the team is develops its younger players well and shows organizational development from a playing system point of view i will be esctatic(sp?). I would love to see us sign a handful of enforcers and beat the snot out of teams.... kinda like the late 80's/early 90's teams with Domi, King, Kocur...etc. Those were some fun years...

Old
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I think that for the next two or three years, the name of the game for the Rangers is going to be to take all these prospects we have and figure out which of them can play at the NHL level. We'll bring in one batch this year, and give them plenty of time and opportunity. Some won't show they can make it, and we'll cut those loose. Next year, more will come (Jessiman, Korpikoski, Taylor, etc.) and we'll do the same thing with those guys. The next year, the same thing. That will build up the core, and probably generate trade assets. I think that third year, we should be shooting for a playoff spot. After that, we just steadily improve and add pieces to the puzzle.

Old
08-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I think that for the next two or three years, the name of the game for the Rangers is going to be to take all these prospects we have and figure out which of them can play at the NHL level. We'll bring in one batch this year, and give them plenty of time and opportunity. Some won't show they can make it, and we'll cut those loose. Next year, more will come (Jessiman, Korpikoski, Taylor, etc.) and we'll do the same thing with those guys. The next year, the same thing. That will build up the core, and probably generate trade assets. I think that third year, we should be shooting for a playoff spot. After that, we just steadily improve and add pieces to the puzzle.
Good post. If the Rangers take a calculated approach to building this team, I'm much more hopeful that it will be successful. To even be throwing names around of potential 2006 UFA's is premature in my opinion.

Closed Thread