HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nyr @ Buf

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
1) He was checked from behind, did not get a clean shot off
2) You are listing why he was not our best forward, and your reason was he was not our best forward? He is not slow either.
3) I think you are making up reasons now because you wanted a Number three.

I though Gabby, Ani, and Step were good tonight.

We just needed to score a big goal tonight and did not get one.
I just watched the replay on crappy MSG 2, didn't see his stick get checked. He was not fast, name a play where he blew by anyone tonight with his speed? All of his chances he was stationary, he did not have any shots off the rush. He was good defensively, but he was not our best offensive player as he did nothing, like the rest of the team. Saying he was our best offensive player is like saying he was the biggest turd in the bowl, this team was garbage tonight.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
winning 8 of 10 means nothing when you lose (horrifically) to the team your fighting for a playoff spot with...not to mention carolina catching fire...its over johnny.
Last time i checked we had a better record than any team in the nhl over the last ten. So who's on fire, the rangers or carolina because we've been playing better than them.

And a horrific loss? I'd hardly call a 1-0 loss horrific.

Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Some of you are amazing.
thank you. blush.

Old
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
3 points over 9th is absolutely concerning but people saying we're gonna be golfing and stuff are just ****ing ******** or not a Ranger fan. Or Bipolar not BI-WINNING
You're absolutely correct. We're in a better position than the 9th place team, but definitely not a position that should have anyone comfortable.

Old
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Yep, not bad at all.

How would you feel about the rest of the season if Henrik was not between the pipes?

Yep, that's what I thought.
So you're saying we should tank then I see. He's fine, I wouldn't mind starting Johnson against the Isles tomorrow but we're gonna have to win 8-1 to be playoff contenders again. I knew once they scored I was like "Wow, if we don't come back the board will be such a **** show." And I was right.

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
He beat the defenseman on the pinch about 3 times tonight and got off a shot on the rush.
Okay sure he did...

Old
03-30-2011, 08:40 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Yep, not bad at all.

How would you feel about the rest of the season if Henrik was not between the pipes?

Yep, that's what I thought.
That's why we pay an ELITE goaltender ELITE PLAYER money.

Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Okay sure he did...
5 shots for gaborik in a game where the team mustered up only 23. I'd say he was easily our best player.

Old
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Honestly MTL is probably in a worse situation. They have 2 more points, with one more game. They have been cold lately. SO right now there are 4 teams fighting for 3 spots. Buffalo and us have been the hottest. Carolina has a real tough schedule, and plays Buffalo tomorrow. No 3 pt game please.

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
People on here are ridiculous! If we win tomorrow we are pretty much in the playoffs.

We could be tied for 6th tomorrow.

Everyone just needs to calm down, and look at our record the last 12 games.
Stop saying look at our last 12 games, look at our last 4, only 3 goals. The number to knock out the Canes is 8 points, we have the Isles, Flyers, Bruins, Thrashers, and Devils coming up. No cake walk by a long shot, we can win tomorrow and still lose the next 4 games and be screwed. This team needs to play with some heart for 60 minutes.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Stop saying look at our last 12 games, look at our last 4, only 3 goals. The number to knock out the Canes is 8 points, we have the Isles, Flyers, Bruins, Thrashers, and Devils coming up. No cake walk by a long shot, we can win tomorrow and still lose the next 4 games and be screwed. This team needs to play with some heart for 60 minutes.
I'll repeat, that's why we pay an elite goaltender elite money. So he can WIN US GAMES.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
5 shots for gaborik in a game where the team mustered up only 23. I'd say he was easily our best player.
How many of them were real scoring chances? I remember a game where Avery had 6 shots on goal and this boards was killing him saying none of them were legit scoring chances. gaborik couldn't finish tonight, shooting that puck from point blank range right into Enroth's chest. He didn't impress me at all as he failed to use his speed to any advantage.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Last 4 games, 2-1-1. Do you not realize the rangers are a defense first team?

Old
03-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
How many of them were real scoring chances? I remember a game where Avery had 6 shots on goal and this boards was killing him saying none of them were legit scoring chances. gaborik couldn't finish tonight, shooting that puck from point blank range right into Enroth's chest. He didn't impress me at all as he failed to use his speed to any advantage.
His shots were nothing like Avery's. Many of them were fairly legit chances, not sure what game you were watching.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I'll repeat, that's why we pay an elite goaltender elite money. So he can WIN US GAMES.
How many games can he win when we can't score a goal? We can barely get 1 goal a game. That PP killed us tonight, why EC was on it was beyond me.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Even a defense first team needs to score to win.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:45 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
So you're saying we should tank then I see. He's fine, I wouldn't mind starting Johnson against the Isles tomorrow but we're gonna have to win 8-1 to be playoff contenders again. I knew once they scored I was like "Wow, if we don't come back the board will be such a **** show." And I was right.
Tank? I've never been a proponent of tanking ever. And that is not what I was saying. My statement was aimed at illustrating that Henrik has been carrying this team, and that with the rather paltry offensive power exhibited lately, NYR would be in dire straits without him. My heart skipped a beat there when he got hit by the puck.

I think you might be over-reacting a bit yourself.

Last edited by trilobyte: 03-30-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Yeah they need to play with heart, but I am saying look at our last 12 games because we have been good. Even when we only had 1 goal, we still won, because the Defense and Goalie picked us up. We lost 1 damn game, and now we are gonna be golfing come may. We win tomorrow and are in amazing position.

Old
Dorado*

Quote:

We're 8-1-1 in our last 10. God forbid we lose one game I know.

Thats two in a row . This one against buffalo who just passed us in the standings and Carolina Red Hot . We have q very Dangerous Islander team , Boston , Philly and Devils left . Yeah , tee em up . Tonight against a back up rookie and we did t even come close to scoring besides the one that was waived off . Facepalm to you . Must win game and we lost !!!!!

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
ONLY 3 GOALS scored in 4 games. Not a good sign going into a game vs the Isles who score a lot more than we do.

I like Gaborik, but he was not that good tonight. Hank was the only player who showed up the whole game, and Gaborik was NOT using his speed to create anything. All his chances were created by Prospal or Stepan.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:46 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

why are they interviewing EC? is jim ramsey busy? you had plenty of time to analyze it from the bench ya scrub...enjoy the press box ****brick

Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Even a defense first team needs to score to win.
I'm pretty sure we scored in those 2 games we won. 5 out of 8 points in games that this board is saying we played poorly is not to shabby. Good teams find ways to win games they don't deserve.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Rangers final schedule:

@Islanders
@Philly
Boston
Atlanta
New Jersey

I see us going 2-3 the final 5 games, that won't get us into the playoffs.

03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
How many games can he win when we can't score a goal? We can barely get 1 goal a game. That PP killed us tonight, why EC was on it was beyond me.
If you think the PP killed us tonight them you must not know there's 58 more minutes in a game... The pp does kill us.. But it didn't tonight..

Old
03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Unpredictable1

Quote:
Ok so outside of recent memory for you I need you to recollect how many games were games we can only score one goal. Or is that what you're talking about -the last few games?

Please, relax. We gotta stop freaking out around here.

Closed Thread