HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nyr @ Buf

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
JKessell

vCash: 500
I'm going to the Rangers Islanders game at the coliseum tomorrow. I swear if we lose I'm never going to hear the end of this walking to the car tomorrow...not looking forward to that.

Old
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Yeah they need to play with heart, but I am saying look at our last 12 games because we have been good. Even when we only had 1 goal, we still won, because the Defense and Goalie picked us up. We lost 1 damn game, and now we are gonna be golfing come may. We win tomorrow and are in amazing position.
amazing position? okay they win tomorrow (not happening), they could very well lose out the rest of the season...i fail to see how that is an amazing position with a 3 point lead on a team that is on fire right now...

Old
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Rangers final schedule:

@Islanders
@Philly
Boston
Atlanta
New Jersey

I see us going 2-3 the final 5 games, that won't get us into the playoffs.
I say we go 4 and 1!!!

Old
03-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Rangers final schedule:

@Islanders
@Philly
Boston
Atlanta
New Jersey

It does if Carolina goes 3-2 or worse.

Hurricanes final 5 are vs the Islanders, Sabres, Red Wings, Thrashers, and Lightning. Very similar in level to our remaining games. Maybe a bit easier.

Sabres have a very tough final 5.

Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Thats two in a row . This one against buffalo who just passed us in the standings and Carolina Red Hot . We have q very Dangerous Islander team , Boston , Philly and Devils left . Yeah , tee em up . Tonight against a back up rookie and we did t even come close to scoring besides the one that was waived off . Facepalm to you . Must win game and we lost !!!!!
Okay and Canes play a very dangerous Isles team, Sabres, Red Wings, THrashers, and Lightning.. so they have a tough schedule, are 3 points behind us, and we own the tie breaker, wow, should the tee it up? Oh an they only have 5 wins in their last 10 games, we have 7.

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Yeah they need to play with heart, but I am saying look at our last 12 games because we have been good. Even when we only had 1 goal, we still won, because the Defense and Goalie picked us up. We lost 1 damn game, and now we are gonna be golfing come may. We win tomorrow and are in amazing position.
I hope we win tomorrow, but I can't stand Tort's inability to make adjustments. This team does not shoot enough, they are dumping behind the net and making drop passes way too often when they should be shooting. That will kill us tomorrow against a fast Islander team. There was no reason for EC to be on that PP. They refuse to shoot on the PP. The lines looked so stale all night except for the Stepan line but they were not going hard to the net. I'm tired of his inability to challenge this team in big games. Twice we could have beaten the Sabres and we failed both times. Tonight was worse because it was another backup goalie who we barely tested that beat us.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
amazing position? okay they win tomorrow (not happening), they could very well lose out the rest of the season...i fail to see how that is an amazing position with a 3 point lead on a team that is on fire right now...
So can Buffalo.

So can the Habs, who have been cold as a ****ing wet rag.

And so can the Canes.

We're very likely not dropping the rest of our games.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Rangers final schedule:

@Islanders
@Philly
Boston
Atlanta
New Jersey

@Islanders - Win
@Philly - Lose
Boston - Lose
Atlanta - Win
New Jersey - Win

Old
03-30-2011, 08:51 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
@Islanders - Win
@Philly - Lose
Boston - Lose
Atlanta - Win
New Jersey - Win
I think we will lose against NJ personally.

MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
This board is unreadable after a loss. Hell its unreadable after most wins too.

Old
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
Do you follow hockey? Carolina is 5-4-1 their last 10 games, we have 2 Losses in our last 12.

And yes, we win tomorrow and we have a 5 point lead with 4 games left.

Games against Bos and Phi, who we beat the last time we played them. Then games against ATL, and NJ who will not be in playoff contention.

SO, yes, amazing position if they win tomorrow.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
If you think the PP killed us tonight them you must not know there's 58 more minutes in a game... The pp does kill us.. But it didn't tonight..
How many games have we failed top score on the PP? We haven't had a PP goal in 4 games. We had some of our best chances in the first minutes and then it was turnover city from EC and this team didn't have any sustained pressure until the final 3 minutes.

This is whats known in sports as a game changer. We could have fed off the positivity from creating chances on that PP, but we blew it and were barely creating chances the rest of the game.

Some teams feed off good PP's and continue on, others feed off a great PK. We blew it.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Do you follow hockey? Carolina is 5-4-1 their last 10 games, we have 2 Losses in our last 12.

And yes, we win tomorrow and we have a 5 point lead with 4 games left.

Games against Bos and Phi, who we beat the last time we played them. Then games against ATL, and NJ who will not be in playoff contention.

SO, yes, amazing position if they win tomorrow.
Yea, we beat Philly once or twice this year, and we beat BOS on a weird deflection goal and they were all over us the rest of the game, real convincing right. NJ is still very dangerous with their ********* trap defense.

Old
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I hope we win tomorrow, but I can't stand Tort's inability to make adjustments. This team does not shoot enough, they are dumping behind the net and making drop passes way too often when they should be shooting. That will kill us tomorrow against a fast Islander team. There was no reason for EC to be on that PP. They refuse to shoot on the PP. The lines looked so stale all night except for the Stepan line but they were not going hard to the net. I'm tired of his inability to challenge this team in big games. Twice we could have beaten the Sabres and we failed both times. Tonight was worse because it was another backup goalie who we barely tested that beat us.
It is not on Torts, it is no the execution, it is on not scoring. And the Rangers PP has been good lately, and EC has been playing on it, I do not see what is wrong with that.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
This board is unreadable after a loss. Hell its unreadable after most wins too.
And it doesn't help having the PGT and the GDT going at the same time. I'm wearing out my mouse.

Old
03-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Yea, we beat Philly once or twice this year, and we beat BOS on a weird deflection goal and they were all over us the rest of the game, real convincing right. NJ is still very dangerous with their ********* trap defense.
BOS was all over us the last 10 minutes of the game, and we shut them out. YES that is convincing. And we beat Philly by 7 goals, that is what I would call convincing.

Closed Thread