HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Embarrassing Loss

Old
03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
jlgib21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Price being human is what happened.
Pulled 3 times in a week and a half. he's tired and if he keeps playing,you can stick a fork in him for this year. he's done. it's so freakin stupid to keep playing him in back to backs.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
llamateizer

Quote:
We

We

We

We So Excited

We So Excited
you just frustrated me further with this Ugggh FML

llamateizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If your blaming this on Price you obviously don't know hockey.
He is not blaming anything on Price, he is saying Price masked our shortcomings long enough and did not do so recently.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
andrew2

i hate how all the players seem to be so weak on the puck... all they do is swat at it with one hand on their stick.

also is it just me or does hamrlik just not know how to play any odd man rush. everytime he just skates backwards and sweeps his stick, make a decision, either take the shooter or the pass.

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:59 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
I am not blaming Price at all.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:59 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Price-Subban-Pacioretty-Markov-Gorges-Eller-Desharnais.

The rest can GTFO for all I care.
So true, those guys have shown up...and as much as people whine on AK, he has been more consistent than that of the combo in Gomez, Cammalleri and Gionta. I will give Pleks a free pass as he was doing good until the injury, I think he is playing as the Habs are desperate.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:00 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

So after being our best player (not including goalies) for the most the year Plekanec should go because he's been playing bad since coming back from his injury?

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
prairie hab

The next 2 weeks are going to feel like eternity.

I guarantee the fate of this team regarding playoffs comes down to Mtl/Toronto - last game of the season.

Seen this too many times. Habs have lucked out in such scenarios in the recent past, but not this time around unless they find the "urgency switch" now.

This offseason might be very interesting once again - either because of Gauthier's roster moves/coaching evaluation, OR
moves he will not make..............

I can't figure out this team.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
I think he meant with this team, Price being anything less than superhuman, almost is a guaranteed loss.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
I am not blaming Price at all.
Good.

I know what your saying. He is the reason why we are where we are, and he can't carry this team every night.

Old
03-30-2011, 10:01 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:

Yea... and a TON of cap space.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:01 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
The next 2 weeks are goign to feel like eternity.

I guarantee the fate of this team regarding playoffs comes down to Mtl/Toronto - last game of the season.

Seen this too many times. Habs have lucked out in such scenarios in the recent past, but not this time around unless they find the "urgency switch" now.

This offseason might be very interesting oce again - either because of Gauthier's roster moves/coaching evaluation, OR
moves he will not make..............

I can't figure out this team.
I just hope the last game against the Leafs isn't a game where it means something.

The Habs just need to clinch, I think there are a lot of injuries here and we can't get home ice. Get in and rest some bodies.

Old
03-30-2011, 10:02 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The last 10 games before the playoffs is when teams normally step up their games but unfortunately the Habs look to have quit..
We're used to thinking that. What we're not used to is these being the least important games of the year.

Seriously. Even with the win tonight, for Carolina to pass the Habs remains a very long shot. The Habs might have had an outside chance to advance in the standings but that was also a long shot. The reality is that they're more or less playing for seeding at this point and there's just not much seeding to be had. So really these games are much less meaningful than they were previously, when the team was life and death to make the playoffs every year and had to do a late charge just to make it in, year after year.

Another point. Sometimes things just don't go you way. A team that quits doesn't throw 40+ shots on net, period. But sometimes you can play okay and lose 6-2. That's just the way hockey goes sometimes. They weren't world-beaters when they beat Minnesota 8-1 either. I hate how everyone is so conditioned to evaluate a team's effort level and quality of game by the final score. Hockey just doesn't work that way.

That said, I'd like to see Weber go in and one of the pylons come out.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:03 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Things haven't been going our way for a while, it isn't bad luck. The D looks slow and tired, cause they are outside of Subban. Wiz is playing awful partnered with Hamrlik, and Mara and Sopel together are too slow. Weber is small, but he has speed and skill and should be in the line up for scoring alone as we can see there isn't enough.
If you can't tell the difference between a game like tonight versus the stinkers we laid against Buffalo, Boston and Washington, then I question your intellect as a hockey fan. Tonight was a clear case of their goalie outplaying ours. Ward made some KEY saves and we missed a lot of sure goals in the crease. Not because we weren't IN the crease, but because of a slight lack of concentration/luck (see: Gionta at the end of the 3rd). There were a lot of shots from the perimeter, sure, but watch the replays and you'll almost always see one of our guys bustling with a defenseman trying to crash the net. Our defensemen looked pretty bad tonight but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as they played last night and they simply looked tired.
Quote:
The team isn't going to the net, they aren't banging at rebounds and they are not playing that sound 5-5 or 4-5 (PK kill) in their own zone as they were in the previous months.
They'll get all that back in time. Tonight was an improvement (offensively) over last night and the defensemen will get better as their confidence rises. Already we're seeing it as they are joining the rush, something they don't usually do when their confidence is low.
Quote:
All of a sudden guys like Halpern don't do PK anymore, Cammalleri is out there?

And it took about 3 games for Martin to realize that Subban should be getting PP time???

The players need to play, but the system the coach has in place looks like it has broke down and he can't get to them...maybe big Laroque isn't off when he says he knows the team has quit on Martin.
Stop listening to ********* that this retarded media spews. The players like Martin just fine. They put in effort tonight, and they got beaten by a goalie and a luckier team who worked hard. End of story.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garry Valk

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...montreal_mess/

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

I don't think in all my years of watching hockey have I seen such a lack of communication on the bench between players and a head coach have I've seen this year..

Thankfully there's only 4 games left so we'll know real soon if the Habs will fully collapse and be on the outside looking in..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Steveshutt

If we fire Martin who can we replace him with? Vigneault, Boucher, Julien not going anywhere. Lemaire will retire if not staying in New Jersey. That leaves who? Carbonneau, Therrien, Hartley, Tremblay? Hartley's the best of them but I wouldn't be very excited about it.

Steveshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:04 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Oh and I wouldnt be surprised at all if we miss the playoffs
It's practically impossible at this point despite the Carolina win.

Quote:
time to rejuvenate the blueline, there is no reason to suck this way, I never saw a buncxh of defensemen having so much trouble to play hockey
Picture Gorges and Markov replacing Mara and Sopel. That's how it was supposed to look like.

Quote:
Gauthier also has to get rid of Gomez by any ways..
It's not going to happen, and he's not going to want to.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Habs

I even hate Subban right now, and his selfish, careless plays. His goal means nothing if he is going to take such dumb penalties and dives.

This team just isn't ready to play... once again.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I'm going to snap sometime in the near future. Can't handle Martin.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Another point. Sometimes things just don't go you way. A team that quits doesn't throw 40+ shots on net, period. But sometimes you can play okay and lose 6-2. That's just the way hockey goes sometimes. They weren't world-beaters when they beat Minnesota 8-1 either. I hate how everyone is so conditioned to evaluate a team's effort level and quality of game by the final score. Hockey just doesn't work that way.
Man do I love you for that quote. That sums up EXACTLY how I feel. I hate people who look at final scores to determine the story of the game.

I agree that tonight was just one of those games.

Old
03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
If we fire Martin who can we replace him with? Vigneault, Boucher, Julien not going anywhere. Lemaire will retire if not staying in New Jersey. That leaves who? Carbonneau, Therrien, Hartley, Tremblay? Hartley's the best of them but I wouldn't be very excited about it.
Why does it have to be a French coach. You eliminate 80% of the candidates

Old
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
missthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Just finish 8th so philly can make quick work of us. Seriously wtf is this. I understand the injuries, but wow, people should lose jobs for this embarrassment. Somethings not right
Injuries, what about the Penguins without Crosby and Malkin since January they have a better record than us in that time frame. We are to small, not enough herat and way to many people not playing 100% effort

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Man do I love you for that quote. That sums up EXACTLY how I feel. I hate people who look at final scores to determine the story of the game.

I agree that tonight was just one of those games.
Well you continue to judge outcomes on SOG,and I'll go by the W and L

Old
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
Injuries, what about the Penguins without Crosby and Malkin since January they have a better record than us in that time frame. We are to small, not enough herat and way to many people not playing 100% effort
Did you even watch the playoffs last season? I shouldn't expect different from an advertised pessimist... what kind of a username is that anyway?