HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #77 @ Buffalo Sabres

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #77 @ Buffalo Sabres
Artem Anisimov 1 1.12%
Ryan Callahan 2 2.25%
Brandon Dubinsky 3 3.37%
Marian Gaborik 6 6.74%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 43 48.31%
Henrik Lundqvist 19 21.35%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Derek Stepan 8 8.99%
Other 7 7.87%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
That bank will be bankrupt if they believe like you do.
The Pens are only 4 points back. I don't know why everyone thinks Philly has this locked up. The only thing locked up in the whole league is Vancouver finishing #1 and Edmonton finishing #30.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
OverTheCap

The Sabres took a page out of our book and played exactly how we did against the Bruins. It happens sometimes.

I don't think there was a lack of effort, just a lot of stupid plays. Boyle and EC were like Tweedledee and Tweedledum out there. Lots of players getting too cute trying to pass the puck when there was no play to be made. Every few weeks the Rangers have a game like this where their mental mistakes will cost them. They just aren't a very smart team.

And the trolling is getting so out of hand that I'm debating whether or not I want to come back here tomorrow for the Isles game. I've grown accustomed to the types who only appear when the Rangers lose and appear to take glee in every loss. But a Norwegian fan upset about his precious MZA being scratched so he hopes the Rangers lose? I understand many Norwegian fans are rooting for the Rangers solely because of Zuccarello, but that's insulting to all Rangers fans who have grown up rooting for this team. We cheer for the sweater, and no individual is above the team.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
NYRSchrute217

We must win tomorrow. No excuses. Win.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Yeah, they made some pretty mentally challenged plays, to put it politely.

Boyle was horrific tonight. I like the guy, but he was making bad pass after bad pass, one of them helping spring Connolly's powerplay goal.
Christensen's two giveaways on that one pp drove me insane.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What playmaker did he have in Minnesota when he was lighting the lamp like a Christmas tree every year?

It's his own fault.
Yeah, but He's got a reputation as a streaky scorer. Look at his career splits.

Has there been one game this season where he had the explosiveness he showed for almost 70 games last season? I havent seen it. He's lost a step, for whatever reason, and if he's becoming more high maintenance with age, injuries etc., he could probably use a little help.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

missed the game, did they get outplayed? I know there is a 3 way tie for 6th but still scared about Carolina now 3 pts back

have to play Henrik again tommorow and beat the fishsticks needless to say

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Wolski is pretty darn close to being the latest scratch.

EC didn't help his case either.

03-30-2011, 08:52 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
You and everyone else. They were blatant. Single handedly killed that power play.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Just an observation but does anyone else think the correlation of Zuccarello being in the NHL has led to the influx of trolls on our board of people rooting against the rangers when he is not in the lineup. Have to say, the GDT is getting quite frustrating lately.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
He blows. I cant wait til hes gone. I'm so sick of his invisibility and half-ass play. He doesnt bring his best game to the ice every night. His great hands/wrist shot attribute can only be used as an excuse so much. The guy looks emotionless unless he scores a goal. It just looks like he plays with no fire. He was awful on that PP...fricking awful.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:53 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The Sabres took a page out of our book and played exactly how we did against the Bruins. It happens sometimes.

I don't think there was a lack of effort, just a lot of stupid plays. Boyle and EC were like Tweedledee and Tweedledum out there. Lots of players getting too cute trying to pass the puck when there was no play to be made. Every few weeks the Rangers have a game like this where their mental mistakes will cost them. They just aren't a very smart team.

And the trolling is getting so out of hand that I'm debating whether or not I want to come back here tomorrow for the Isles game. I've grown accustomed to the types who only appear when the Rangers lose and appear to take glee in every loss. But a Norwegian fan upset about his precious MZA being scratched so he hopes the Rangers lose? I understand many Norwegian fans are rooting for the Rangers solely because of Zuccarello, but that's insulting to all Rangers fans who have grown up rooting for this team. We cheer for the sweater, and no individual is above the team.

I think the lineup Torts puts out tomorrow needs to be his playoff lineup. I like MZA but without the shootout I think he or EC need to sit for the season unless an injury happens.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
missed the game, did they get outplayed? I know there is a 3 way tie for 6th but still scared about Carolina now 3 pts back

have to play Henrik again tommorow and beat the fishsticks needless to say
For the majority of the game yes. Buffalo looked like the team that had three days off while the Rangers couldn't generate any offense until late in the 3rd when they poured it on but couldn't slip one in. Enroth could have fell asleep for two thirds of the game and still got the shutout.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Scooter17

Two points I want to make.

1. The only good thing to come out of this game is that Lundqvist is OK. I didn't see the start of the 3rd. Was he in pain because of a charlie horse or did he twist his knee?

2. This is why I don't want to play Boston in the first round. We can't score against teams that clog up the neutral zone and play good defense.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Just an observation but does anyone else think the correlation of Zuccarello being in the NHL has led to the influx of trolls on our board of people rooting against the rangers when he is not in the lineup. Have to say, the GDT is getting quite frustrating lately.
I also really can't stand when opposing fans come in and say anything. "Not trolling?" My ass.

And Leafs fans apparently think they're entitled to everything, obviously being so great and all.

**** what a frustrating night.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
SERE 24
LGR

For me the biggest thing is the fact that Henrik has allowed only two goals in the last 4 games and we, somehow, despite the desperation of being in a tight playoff race, have not managed to go 4-0 or at least 3-0-1 in that time. TWO goals against, in four games. And we only earn 5 of 8 crucial points? That's NOT executing.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Bardof425*

POTG: Stepan
The Good: Dubi, Sauer/McD
The Bad: Boyle, Feds, McCabe
The Redden: Torts for continuing his love affair with Brian freakin' Boyle. Down 1 - 0 you have to play EC and Wolski and try and catch lightning in a bottle. Brian Boyle singlehandedly botched 5 or 6 scoring chances with his bad hands and poor decision making skills. He is a 4th line center and Torts better get that through his head!

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea we beat Philly 7-0 last time, that was one game, one game in one that seems like a LONG TIME AGO.

They have owned us pretty much the rest of the year.

As per BOS we did nothing really that impressed me in that game, we played good d and Henrik was incredible, we could have EASILY lost that game, especially being dominated in the 3rd the way they were.

03-30-2011, 08:59 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Yea we beat Philly 7-0 last time, that was one game, one game in one that seems like a LONG TIME AGO.

As per BOS we did nothing really that impressed me in that game, we played good d and Henrik was incredible, we could have EASILY lost that game, especially being dominated in the 3rd the way they were.
And we could've easily won any of the games during out huge losing streak. But we didn't.

I don't see your point, to be honest. If we can't rely on Hank to win games, why bother having him?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

torts is just a dick with ears..."oh you guys" ay no cause for concern watching our franchise player hobble off of the ice, no merit to that question what so ever...grow up torts.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

Just as we could have easily won tonight. Stop being such a Debbie Downer, it is 1 loss.

Just checked sportsclubstats, we still have a 93% chance of making the playoffs. We win tomorrow it is up to about 95%... People have to stop buggin because of 1 loss.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
POTG: Stepan
The Good: Dubi, Sauer/McD
The Bad: Boyle, Feds, McCabe
The Redden: Torts for continuing his love affair with Brian freakin' Boyle. Down 1 - 0 you have to play EC and Wolski and try and catch lightning in a bottle. Brian Boyle singlehandedly botched 5 or 6 scoring chances with his bad hands and poor decision making skills. He is a 4th line center and Torts better get that through his head!
Are you advocating that those two should have been playing?

Old
03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We were bound to lose in Reg. eventually, but we are in something of a goal scoring drought which is thrown into sharper focus on the back of a loss.

We need to win 3 of 5 to be comfortable here, and that is a tougher order than we deserve given the fact that we are coming off a 7-0-1 streak.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
The Good: Right back in the saddle tomorrow night, Montreal continues to slump
The Bad: They looked flat and stale tonight
The Ugly:Carolina won't go away

Other observations: Not enough Prust. I don't know about Gaborik, he played hard but....well, he better bring it tomorrow night since he likes the Islanders this year.

Buffalo has a really good farm system, one thing about that franchise; management stability despite crazy ownership. Every time they look down and out from ownership issues, to losing Hasek, Drury, Briere, etc. they pick themselves right up.
And every time the camera pans the bench, you see Lindy Ruff. He knows how to prepare his team. Maybe the best since Scotty Bowman at getting the most out of what he has.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I just can't wait to play Philly in the first round...

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:05 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
That was pathetic, particularly the first one. All the time in the world, and you lackadaisically throw it half-assed to the middle of the ice?

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote