HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Embarrassing Loss

Old
03-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Relax, our beloved habs are allowed to lose a game against a team that had the better goalie and cashed in on their chances. The worst part about this game was our defense played like ass but then again theyre on a back to back. Things will pick up ... "just chill" - Carey Price
Carolina was on a back to back as well.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Man, you act as if we looked the same tonight that we did against the Sabres, Bruins and Caps. In all my years of watching hockey I don't think I've ever seen the Habs that bad. Tonight was one of those losses that in a string of games earlier on in the season would've been shrugged off. They're finding their game as shown over the last 2, tonight was just a bad case of "I'm ****ing tired" by the defensemen. Just get over it!
I will tell you this.

This team has done this the last couple of games. Came out flying, out skating and out hustling...but they were not getting shots of significance on net and no one was going to the net. You can skate like the wind, but if your not doing the grunt work of making traffic in front or going for the rebounds, your just another dog chasing your tail!

This team has not looked good, your searching really hard for the positives, there aren't any.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You are seeing a whole different Cammalleri than what I am seeing then...he scored tonight, I guess he is off the S&!T list?
No, he actually played hockey, as he did last night. Cammy was extremely effective tonight. He's nowhere near what he needs to be, but compared to the rest of his ****ing **** season (and believe me, I've been on him ALL YEAR) tonight was unbelievable.

Even if he hadn't scored tonight, he still played a much more complete game.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
No, he actually played hockey, as he did last night. Cammy was extremely effective tonight. He's nowhere near what he needs to be, but compared to the rest of his ****ing **** season (and believe me, I've been on him ALL YEAR) tonight was unbelievable.

Even if he hadn't scored tonight, he still played a much more complete game.
I bet you can't find 10 people on these boards that agrees with you.

Old
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtraygirl View Post
The Habs haven't been fun to watch since Martin started Price against the Rangers.
yeah that 8-1 win was rather boring but yeah other than that blip in the radar, snooze fest. funny the returning players from injuries make us play worse it seems...

btw didn't carbo get fired for having a lack of communication with his bench ? thank god they fixed that

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bipolarhabfan

Meh. All the effort in the world cannot overcome a lack of skill up front. As well, we have the slowest d in the league. I hope they can find a way to win on Sat, it would be huge.

I have a strange feeling we will end with 93 points, like we have for what seems like forever.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Picaroon

Pleks really seems to have lost his way. He is trying to do it all himself, when really, what he is good at is making everyone else better. It seems like every time he is in the O zone he tries deke two guys with some NHL 11 move, or throws a weak backhand. I love the guy and I know he will come around, but he is not in it right now. This little funk might be a lot tougher to get out of than first thought...

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:19 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Carolina was on a back to back as well.
Exactly, why are there excuses coming out for these guys. So we played back to back, what about the other part of March?

Old
03-30-2011, 09:20 PM
lynx

Sopel is the worst defenseman I've seen on the Habs in years.

lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
almostjesus*

I kinda feel bad for JM. It just looks like the team isn't listening to him. He's doing an interview on RDS right now and he looks pissed even through his poker face.

JM is a good coach. We have good players. But after that Pacioretty hit that's when everything went down hill. I don't know if the lack of players is demoralizing the team but it's not any single person fault but rather there's a depressing vibe in the dressing room before each game.

almostjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
yeah that 8-1 win was rather boring but yeah other than that blip in the radar, snooze fest. funny the returning players from injuries make us play worse it seems...

btw didn't carbo get fired for having a lack of communication with his bench ? thank god they fixed that
Exactly.

That's why I stated on the GDT thread that Carbo would have been fired by now. Two more years of this, please.

Old
macavoy

Quote:
Its not our fault there are only a few rational posters around and the rest of you are bi-polar.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Hope there will be another defensive drill in the days to come. And, in a separate day, an offensive drill.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I even hate Subban right now, and his selfish, careless plays. His goal means nothing if he is going to take such dumb penalties and dives.

This team just isn't ready to play... once again.

Price and Subban are the only ones who make those games worth watching.. you are probably the only Habs fan in the world who has something against Subban..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
I'll be #1.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:22 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostjesus View Post
I kinda feel bad for JM. It just looks like the team isn't listening to him. He's doing an interview on RDS right now and he looks pissed even through his poker face.

JM is a good coach. We have good players. But after that Pacioretty hit that's when everything went down hill. I don't know if the lack of players is demoralizing the team but it's not any single person fault but rather there's a depressing vibe in the dressing room before each game.
You can't listen to a coach that doesn't speak to his players on the bench, during the time outs and lets his assistant run the time outs...he shows no emotion, I feel nothing for a coach that shows nothing.

Old
03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Exactly, why are there excuses coming out for these guys. So we played back to back, what about the other part of March?
Dunno. Habs may have played better tonight than say the Bruins game, but that ain't saying much.

This team just seems to lack intensity, they can't turn it up. When they have momentum they either take a stupid penalty or give up a goal.

And how does a supposed speedy, puck possession team not draw 4 or 5 penalties a game and yet they seem able to take 4 or 5 per game.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Name call all you want,but keep telling yourself these things,and you may actually belive them yourself.We suck right now,maybe we turn it around,probably not. Last year has nothing to do with this year.
I like how "we suck right now" is supposed to be taken as fact because you say it was such determination. We SUCKED against the Sabres, Bruins and Caps. Tonight we scored twice on the PP. We had many other chances that didn't go in. Our forwards were CLICKING on the offensive zone. Our defensemen were joining the rush and we were getting quality chances from the point. We had a good transition game and almost everyone looked focused (aside from a few defenders and Eller). Price was a little shaky tonight (he most definitely should've had the first goal) and Ward was incredible. End of discussion.
Quote:
I will tell you this.

This team has done this the last couple of games. Came out flying, out skating and out hustling...but they were not getting shots of significance on net and no one was going to the net. You can skate like the wind, but if your not doing the grunt work of making traffic in front or going for the rebounds, your just another dog chasing your tail!

This team has not looked good, your searching really hard for the positives, there aren't any.
What team were you watching against the Sabres/Bruins/Caps? I swear, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. There was not one iota of anything you mentioned above in those games. Not one. We were just AWFUL and it was pathetic. And like I said before, I can make you a compilation video of our chances tonight, and most of them were in front of the net. There was a lot of "get into the zone, drop the puck and skate right to the net"s tonight. Take this game and put it in between a winning streak and what do you say? "It's just one of those nights".

Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

How much better would that team be the day Pacioretty is clear to play again?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
I agree with you on this one.. I guess I have idiotic logic too since he won't agree with me either..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Its not our fault there are only a few rational posters around and the rest of you are bi-polar.
Awesome. Thanks for being rational!

Old
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Craig71

I have not seen this team play well in back to back games all this season, I predicted a loss because of it. I think the guys are either exhausted or have quit on Martin, it is looking more and more like when Boston swept us in four, the Habs are looking exactly like that team. Kovalev was the scapegoat that year and the team made major changes to curb the lack of character. The guys brought in were all character players that knew what it took to win, and here we sit back in the same situation as 2009. Gomez is the new scapegoat and the team is drowning yet again. It's the coach, It's the coach, fire his a**, get some new blood in here, we all say the same things and I am no exception. I am convinced that no coach can make the players do anything that they as a group have decided not to do. Not Guy Boucher, not Muller not even Alain Vigneault, he was here too was'nt he. It has to start with the desire to want to play hard and our guys have seemingly lost it, there is clearly a difference between losing a hard fought game and coasting for 50 minutes and showing a little push in the last few minutes. I don't know the solution but someone needs to come up with one fast or it will be a repeat of 2009 and yet another off season of changes.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:25 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. But that's the way it is. Habs won't ever hire another English coach unless it's a legend like Gainey or Robinson. It's as sure a thing as the CanWest media empire endorsing Harper the day before the election.

Nothing we can do about it. Business is business...
You're right and the only business this ownership cares about is the 21,273 and merchandise selling off the shelfs. We'll never win a cup with that GM and coaching philosophy.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Sopel is the worst defenseman I've seen on the Habs in years.
Guess you haven't been watching for long because you missed a whole lot, including Traverse.

Detroit could've played with a strawman in goal and they still wouldn't get scored on 10 times. #makefunofotherteamstofeelbetteraboutmine

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I agree with you on this one.. I guess I have idiotic logic too since he won't agree with me either..
I have not ONCE backed up Cammy's effort this season. I have been critical of him all year. Why in the world would I just randomly pick tonight to praise him? And don't say "because he scored", because he's scored plenty of times before...