HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Jovanovski Injury update

Old
03-31-2011, 12:03 AM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawn View Post
There's been rumors about Hanzal needing back surgery. My impression was that he's basically out of the season, just sticking around in case we get really desperate.
Maloney is a pretty honest guy, if he says Hanzal will play before the season ends then I'll believe him. He has no reason to lie about it.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch View Post
Maloney is a pretty honest guy, if he says Hanzal will play before the season ends then I'll believe him. He has no reason to lie about it.
Yea but usually when he tells the truth its at times something big after the fact, like how Mueller and Wolski asked to be traded but we didnt know about tht until after they were traded.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:14 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Isn't Hanzal out with a lower body injury? That would preclude a back right? So the back rumor might be false.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:14 AM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

If Hanzal needed something as major as back surgery he would've had it by now. Hanzal is fine. If he doesn't play these last few games of the season then he'll be ready for the playoffs.

:: Last I heard, he had a groin injury. That was the problem before the Red Wings game and Tippett said he aggravated the injury.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Mossy

I've also heard the rumor of back issues. Someone mentioned it while I was observing practice today, but ya never really know where they heard it.

Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:25 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
If Hanzal needed something as major as back surgery he would've had it by now. Hanzal is fine. If he doesn't play these last few games of the season then he'll be ready for the playoffs.

:: Last I heard, he had a groin injury. That was the problem before the Red Wings game and Tippett said he aggravated the injury.
Groin injuries are very much day-to-day things. Sometimes they take a long time to heal, or can be re-aggravated if the player comes back too soon. If it was a LT back injury, I don't think Maloney would get our hopes up by telling USA Today and Dave Vest that he's close to a return. He'd be on the IR.

Good news that all three injured players will likely get a game or two (or three) in before the playoffs.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:35 AM
PhoPhan

There's always the chance that, in addition to the groin injury, Hanzal's back is bothering him, but he's waiting until the offseason for surgery. There are often times when surgery would help but you can still play through it. It also wouldn't surprise me if these injuries were related; playing with a bad back, especially when you're 6-foot-a-billion, can change your posture and skating stride.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
There's always the chance that, in addition to the groin injury, Hanzal's back is bothering him, but he's waiting until the offseason for surgery. There are often times when surgery would help but you can still play through it. It also wouldn't surprise me if these injuries were related; playing with a bad back, especially when you're 6-foot-a-billion, can change your posture and skating stride.
Add to that his faceoff stance and how low he gets to the ice. I'm not surprised that he's having back problems.

At this time of year, if he could play he more than likely would.

Old
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Didn't Marty have disc surgery last season or am I thinking of someone else? I know a lot of people have surgery for that because they see some bulging in the imaging, but it isn't always the source of the problem.

Mr Pukhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Tippett says Hanzal will start skating in the next few days.

Old
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Tippett also said on a radio interview yesterday that all 3 injured players may play in the April 6th game against the Kings. He said Jovo was the closest to being ready.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote