HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The MSG media / pr team are GREAT

Old
03-31-2011, 08:16 AM
English Ranger

vCash: 500
The MSG media / pr team are GREAT

I wrote a blog on the Rangers are few months back. Someone from the MSG team saw it and sent me a message inviting me to become a Blueshirt Fanatic member.

I asked for more details and also how best to get a Prust autograph.

This week I got sent - free of charge and to the UK - a Fanatics membership pack, with t-shirt, 85 year timeline pic and what have you.

AND a puck signed by none other than Brandon Prust.

Just thought I would share what a great job the media / pr team has done. I follow soccer, and that sort of gesture is unheard of over here.

English Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:38 AM
broadwayblue

i guess that's the secret. as a season subscriber you pay thousands of dollars and don't get even get a t-shirt more than once a decade. but they do invite you to join blueshirts united where for hundreds or thousands more dollars they let you attend practices and hang out with alumni.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
English Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i guess that's the secret. as a season subscriber you pay thousands of dollars and don't get even get a t-shirt more than once a decade.
I am a subscriber for my local soccer club. We dont have a roof on our stand, get very wet, and twice a season get a free DVD.

Although that will change when we move into our new 93million ground next season.

English Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i guess that's the secret. as a season subscriber you pay thousands of dollars and don't get even get a t-shirt more than once a decade. but they do invite you to join blueshirts united where for hundreds or thousands more dollars they let you attend practices and hang out with alumni.
I like how a non-sub can join Blueshirts and be handed the same perks that subs get (store discounts, for example). Makes me feel like they really value me.

Also, here were two other "perks" we were offered
(1) Pay with your Amex, get a free gift (example, Graves autograph)
(2) 2 Tickets to the summer BBQ at the practice facility.

Imagine my non-surprise when the documentation for next year said "pay with your Amex, and get a free gift: two tickets to the summer BBQ!"

Cheaper, and cheaper, and cheaper as the years go on.

Meanwhile, i read about other teams that do things for their subs like full-team meet&greets, DVDs, Autographs, occasional club seat upgrades for games, food vouchers, team related art-pieces, etc, etc.

just so PROUD of this management.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ranger View Post
I am a subscriber for my local soccer club. We dont have a roof on our stand, get very wet, and twice a season get a free DVD.

Although that will change when we move into our new 93million ground next season.
what club do you support?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I think the key is that he doesn't live in the US. The NHL wants to grow the game in Europe, so they do things like that. I bet if you or I would to do the same, we'd get nothing

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:52 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
I like how a non-sub can join Blueshirts and be handed the same perks that subs get (store discounts, for example). Makes me feel like they really value me.

Imagine my non-surprise when the documentation for next year said "pay with your Amex, and get a free gift: two tickets to the summer BBQ!"

Meanwhile, i read about other teams that do things for their subs like full-team meet&greets, DVDs, Autographs, occasional club seat upgrades for games, food vouchers, team related art-pieces, etc, etc.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about them doing away with our annual free media guide. It might seem trivial...but I really looked forward to picking mine up every year on opening night. So cheap indeed.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:59 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I think the key is that he doesn't live in the US. The NHL wants to grow the game in Europe, so they do things like that. I bet if you or I would to do the same, we'd get nothing
I was thinking the same thing. The fact that he is in the UK and one of the few people spouting out anything about hockey makes him a valuable asset. Any of us writing a blog here in NYC or the US for that matter is just another casual fan that really isnt making much of an impact.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Rangers treat there subs worse than anyone I have ever met. I had a half season plan for ten years and they cut my playoff ticket subscriptions and moved me to the 400's. Needless to say, I no longer have the plan.

Islanders released their price cut on season tickets next year and it's actually LESS than my half season plan with the rangers.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Well as long as the Garden is selling out or close to it, then Dolan has no reason to drop ticket prices. If the Rangers make the playoffs, the prices will be so high it'll be disgusting, and guess what? The Garden will be sold out for each and every game that the Rangers play in.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post

I heard that next year Dolan approved these two Perks.
(1) Pay with your Amex, get a free gift. Two pieces of authentic asbestos from the roof.
(2) a 20lb. bag of Charcoal for a barbecue in a park of your choice. Buy your own lighter fluid.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote