HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings @ Canucks 3/31/10 - First big post-Kopitar test

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
Does anyone know whats going on with Peter Harrold? i think i would prefer him in the lineup over Westgarth.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:50 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Harrold at forward?
There must be something TM doesn't like in Harrolds game. Cause he has not played since Feb. There have been plenty of chances to put him in the lineup. But TM has decided against it.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
There must be somthing TM doesn't like in Harrolds game. Cause he has not played since Feb.
Thats unfortunate if thats the case because unlike Westgarth, i think Harrold at least has the POTENTIAL to contribute something.

Old
03-31-2011, 12:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Again with the Westgarth bashing, he has been in 50 games and has 4 points along with 95 penalty minutes. He is minus -3 and averages 5mins 12 seconds a game. He is a rookie enforcer playing on the 4th line on a limited basis.

Compare him to the top 4 rookie penalty minute leaders:

Matt Martin averages over 10mins per game, is minus -9 and has played in 13 more games.
Kyle Clifford avg 9mins per game, is minus -11 and has played in 20 more games.
Zach Smith avg 12mins per game, is minus -12 and has played in 50 games.
Kevin Westgarth avg 5mins per game, is minus -3 and has played in 50 games.

Now I am not saying that Westgarth is a comparable player to Clifford in skill or potential, but then they have different roles as well.

Westgarth is a rookie and it takes time for them to get used to the speed of the NHL game. Some do it more quickly then others but so far Westgarth has done an acceptable job and has shown improvement over the past several games.

Rather or not the league should allow fighting or needs enforcers is another point to debate but Westgarth in his limited role has done an admirable job.

If you want to add the very seldom used Harrold as a forward then don't waste the spot, call up one of the kids who can play two way hockey who you have actual plans for because Peter H is a ghost at the end of this season and you would only be waisting a roster spot. Elkins or Holloway would be natural call ups for two way reinforcement duty.

Westgarth has been better as a rookie then Ivanan's was during his entirety as a King. Will has game develop more than it has? At 5 mins a game it is going to take a long time and I am not as optimistic as I was before the season starts but I still think he will develop into a serviceable fourth line winger who can fight and at least be responsible in his end.

If the guy who is playing 5 mins a game and as a rookie doesn't have a horrible plus minus is costing anything then we are a much worse team that I could have ever imagined and I don't see that as the case at all.

Old
03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

If you guys want a full day of pre-game, the Team 1040 in Vancouver is all hockey, all the time: http://www.teamradio.ca/player/

Old
03-31-2011, 01:00 PM
johnjm22

I assume when Parse returns, which should be any day now, we won't have to see Westgarth in the lineup.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
The Big Giant Head

im not trying to bash Kevin Weastgarth by any means but as far as being productive on the score sheet, he's just incapable of it because of the game he plays. i just wonder if it would be better to bring in someone that could possibly bring something to the 4th line rather than an enforcer that gets, if hes lucky, 5min a game.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I assume when Parse returns, which should be any day now, we won't have to see Westgarth in the lineup.
Do you know something we don't?

Last I heard from Hammonds, he skated 10 mins about a week ago, which was his first time on the ice in approx 3 weeks. I'm not sure what your time frame of 'any day now' is, but all indications I've heard is that he's done for the season.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

I hate cheaters.. beat them and make a statement to the other teams and their reporters

-Kings are not done!!!!

Old
03-31-2011, 01:11 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
im not trying to bash Kevin Weastgarth by any means but as far as being productive on the score sheet, he's just incapable of it because of the game he plays. i just wonder if it would be better to bring in someone that could possibly bring something to the 4th line rather than an enforcer that gets, if hes lucky, 5min a game.
You have just predicted one of tonights scorers

Old
03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Last report on Parse was he has struggled to skate without pain. And that the Kings are discussing shutting him down till next year.

Its pretty much too late in the season for Parse anyway. He would have two weeks to get into game shape.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:18 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
If you guys want a full day of pre-game, the Team 1040 in Vancouver is all hockey, all the time: http://www.teamradio.ca/player/
Just tuned in, they are talking college basketball. zzzzzzzzz

Hey what does SCV stand for?

Old
03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Just tuned in, they are talking college basketball. zzzzzzzzz

It stands for "screaming children veteran", seeing as he's a moderator.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:

Swift, Concise Victory?

Old
03-31-2011, 01:28 PM
SLang

Have a look at Vancouver's attempt at resolving the turnbuckle issue:

Could result in some bizzare bounces off the glass!

Old
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I hate cheaters.. beat them and make a statement to the other teams and their reporters

-Kings are not done!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
You have just predicted one of tonights scorers
Agreed. Let's keep the sisters off the board. And if Westy pots one while we're at it, all the better. Man that would be sweet.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:

Not to mention how a body would fly off of that and back onto the ice. Still, better than a broken back.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:36 PM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
If I recall correctly, Westy did have a great scoring chance last game off the right wing, but shot it wide. He does occasionally get scoring chances, but often muffs them.

Old
03-31-2011, 01:37 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Not to mention how a body would fly off of that and back onto the ice. Still, better than a broken back.
Technically the NHL needs a rule clarification for this thing. And the officials better discuss amongst themselves and with the coaches BEFORE the game as to how potential bounces off this thing are to be handled.

I believe prior when it was 90 degrees, any deflection that did not send the puck along it's previous trajectory was a dead puck and to be blown down, yes? Should be the same now.

Seriously, I could see this thing resulting in a goal if the deflection was just right!

Old
03-31-2011, 01:39 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I dont think thats going to change much honestly. If Charra flattens you into that, you dont hink that an injury will still be the result?

Old
03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24

That is all.

Old
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post

That is all.
how precious

Old
03-31-2011, 02:36 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:

... That's not going to prevent the head/body trauma that results from going 25-30 MPH to a complete stop. The only way the risk of injury can be reduced is to install netting there instead of glass, something that has some give and can absorb the impact to a degree.

Old
03-31-2011, 02:44 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
^ Yeah I don't think any amount of protection or anything besides fully removing the glass would prevent what happened to Pacs, but it may deflect a few blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post

That is all.
Ok that has to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
This is a perfect opportunity to see what Westy has as a Hockey player.
Westy passed up chances last night to start scraps to play the game.
I wouldn't be surprised if TM and Dean told him "This is your chance to show us why you belong on the roster next year".
You would have to think this is the perfect time for him to up his game considering we don't have a single HW or even really a regular fighter(Glass is still injured).

Old
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
It's not a question of loyalty. I just don't see the point of hanging around these boards if you feel like the season is over. If you have no hope for this team, why bring the rest of us down?

Whatever, man. They have the right to neg up this board, just like I have a right to call them a crybaby, just like you have a right to call me a jerk. I just want you to take a look at what was being said here in January and compare it to now.
Maybe because they still love and want to watch the team? This is a discussion board, people should be able to express their opinions, positive or negative.

Look at what was being said in January? I was here. Look at what we being said the first time we went on a bad losing streak this year. I made a thread called "Calm down" after that one. I understand the sentiment, but I would never try to tell people to not post their opinions or tell them to go watch the Lakers just because their opinions are negative. Just as I don't want you to stop posting you opinion, I would just rather you stop insulting people because of theirs. It gets over the top sometimes, but this is definitely one of the times is it NOT over the top.

If you do go back and read that thread I'm talking about. Be warned that was pretty uncharacteristic of me to make. I don't exactly remember everything I said it in, so... I don't know.

Closed Thread