HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#77: Thrashers @ Flyers - Thursday, Mar. 31, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2011, 12:36 PM
  #26
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Just win.

Tonight would be a really good time for a shutout. I'm calling it now. You heard it here first.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
  #27
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Just win.

Tonight would be a really good time for a shutout. I'm calling it now. You heard it here first.
Atlanta has been running dry on scoring of late and a shut out would be nice, but i like the consistency we have going of no shut-outs and leading the division.....A win is a win, shut outs are not important in reality.We are ahead of the Rangers and Henrik has i believe 9 shut outs and we have none ?...

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:08 PM
  #28
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers
 
six sigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
A shoot-out is more likely than a shutout.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
  #29
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,921
vCash: 500
Kimmo to play.

Bob to start.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:33 PM
  #30
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP
 
GirouxCouturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Atlanta has been running dry on scoring of late and a shut out would be nice, but i like the consistency we have going of no shut-outs and leading the division.....A win is a win, shut outs are not important in reality.We are ahead of the Rangers and Henrik has i believe 9 shut outs and we have none ?...
11 shutouts im pretty sure

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
  #31
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxrichards View Post
11 shutouts im pretty sure
That is correct

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:58 PM
  #32
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Remember when the Flyers used to own the Thrashers like they currently own the Islanders? Yeah, would be nice to see a performance that resembles one of that time. Just 2 points please.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
  #33
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
The reason the Thrashers have done so well against the Flyers: Dustin Byfuglein is the best defenseman in the NHL and my bff and he single-handedly defeated the Flyers and Chris Pronger last season in the SCF.

-kevin weekes
Byfuglien has been out on the ice for 7 of Philly's 12 goals so far in this series. Just watch the highlights, he's out there for most of the goals. The guy is a bum when it comes to being defensive.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
  #34
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Even though we used to own the thrashers, we rarely used to win well against them.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:34 PM
  #35
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,017
vCash: 500
Ugh, I was hoping to have my paper finished by 7 pm. It's now 6:34 and I just got home from work not too long ago. Looks like it'll be doing paper and Flyers tonight, or just putting off the paper while the Flyers are on. Don't make me look like a fool, Flyers.


LETS GO FLYERS! WIN!

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:44 PM
  #36
Cleary84
Registered User
 
Cleary84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Ugh, I was hoping to have my paper finished by 7 pm. It's now 6:34 and I just got home from work not too long ago. Looks like it'll be doing paper and Flyers tonight, or just putting off the paper while the Flyers are on. Don't make me look like a fool, Flyers.


LETS GO FLYERS! WIN!
Same here. I procrastinated so much that I have to read the rest of the dull and never-ending 300-page On Sherman's Track and write a paper on it by tomorrow at 3. I'm a pretty good BSer but the Flyers being on will only make me push this damn thing even further back.

Hoping for a win to make the night more enjoyable!

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:47 PM
  #37
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
The reason the Thrashers have done so well against the Flyers: Dustin Byfuglein is the best defenseman in the NHL and my bff and he single-handedly defeated the Flyers and Chris Pronger last season in the SCF.

-kevin weekes
Somebody please tell Mr. Kevin Weekes that last year in the SCF, Chicago admitted that the force of Pronger Master indeed won. That was the reason they broke up that line. Because Pronger Master shut it down.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:53 PM
  #38
MiD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
so I broke my earphones on my way from work, than I broke zipper in my hockey bag, next I broke blade at practice, finally I burnt my fingers replacing blade... I'm ready for Thrashers

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
  #39
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,964
vCash: 971
Carter, Giroux, Nodl is the starting line.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
  #40
ChiTown Flyer
Registered User
 
ChiTown Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
I have had the ********* day. Girl got into a car accident (she's fine) about a 1/2 hour into my work day, so I got to worry about her and the car for the last 8+ hours. I could really use a win here.

Go Flyers!

ChiTown Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
  #41
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiD View Post
so I broke my earphones on my way from work, than I broke zipper in my hockey bag, next I broke blade at practice, finally I burnt my fingers replacing blade... I'm ready for Thrashers
Wow. Try to avoid operating a motor vehicle or heavy machinery tonight.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
  #42
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown Flyer View Post
I have had the ********* day. Girl got into a car accident (she's fine) about a 1/2 hour into my work day, so I got to worry about her and the car for the last 8+ hours. I could really use a win here.

Go Flyers!
Or a drink.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:56 PM
  #43
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiD View Post
so I broke my earphones on my way from work, than I broke zipper in my hockey bag, next I broke blade at practice, finally I burnt my fingers replacing blade... I'm ready for Thrashers
You may wanna just sit somewhere isolated and not touch any valuable belongings for the rest of the night....haha

edit: in other news, I'm working on finding a stream, but like all ATL games it's a pain.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:58 PM
  #44
ChiTown Flyer
Registered User
 
ChiTown Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Or a drink.
Sure, that too. I trying to use my owed good luck for the team.

ChiTown Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:59 PM
  #45
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Same here. I procrastinated so much that I have to read the rest of the dull and never-ending 300-page On Sherman's Track and write a paper on it by tomorrow at 3. I'm a pretty good BSer but the Flyers being on will only make me push this damn thing even further back.

Hoping for a win to make the night more enjoyable!
Granted I have to do a page, but it's for my criminal justice class. I also haven't did any type of school work since 2008. So needless to say, I'm a bit nervous.


Just don't want to waste time of doing work watching this game if they blow. ;\

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
  #46
rban*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Byfuglien has been out on the ice for 7 of Philly's 12 goals so far in this series. Just watch the highlights, he's out there for most of the goals. The guy is a bum when it comes to being defensive.
I wish Philly got Buff instead of Versteeg... Buff's a monster and would've been a great candidate to take over from Prongs once he retired.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:01 PM
  #47
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,948
vCash: 500
Any streams up yet?

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:01 PM
  #48
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown Flyer View Post
Sure, that too. I trying to use my owed good luck for the team.
I can offer you any drink you want. Got a cabinet full of good stuff.

Personally, I'm going with Maker's Mark again tonight, seeing as how we beat Scumburgh by 3 goals last game when I drank it.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:01 PM
  #49
Tommy D
Registered User
 
Tommy D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Country: United States
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

edit: in other news, I'm working on finding a stream, but like all ATL games it's a pain.
Good man! Let us know what you come up with

Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:02 PM
  #50
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
Any streams up yet?
Not that I can find for now

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.