HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Has Avery Just Played Himself Off This Team?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
  #176
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Maybe he just needs to be on the top line.

That Avery-Boyle-Gaborik line showed so much drive, and we saw it for a period. Never again.

That period, we saw Avery do the bold above and without much (if any) yapping.

Utilize a player correctly within the most fitting situation and you will get results.
Asking Avery to be Prust will get you NOTHING. (DID YOU READ THAT TORTS AND EVERYONE ELSE???)
That is because Prust is a better player than Avery.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:33 PM
  #177
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Avery is just a bum...flat out..he can't even back up his motor mouth because majority of the time he starts a fight he gets tossed like a rag doll

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:39 PM
  #178
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsturgis17 View Post
Avery is just a bum...flat out..he can't even back up his motor mouth because majority of the time he starts a fight he gets tossed like a rag doll
This is proof you simply do not watch him fight. Has he been rag dolled? Yeah I saw Stuart from Boston get him good once.

Other than that, he's a good scrapper.

I know Avery had a bad outing at home that led to him being a healthy scratch for a few games but I think Torts needs to start giving him back his ice time. he plays better and is more involved when he takes a regular shift.

Playing 4-8 mins, he's just not in it.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
  #179
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
This is proof you simply do not watch him fight. Has he been rag dolled? Yeah I saw Stuart from Boston get him good once.

Other than that, he's a good scrapper.

I know Avery had a bad outing at home that led to him being a healthy scratch for a few games but I think Torts needs to start giving him back his ice time. he plays better and is more involved when he takes a regular shift.

Playing 4-8 mins, he's just not in it.
More excuses for the guy.

if that were true, he'd be getting a regular shift.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
  #180
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
That is because Prust is a better player than Avery.
Besides the notion that people want Avery to be Prust, one has nothing to do with the other.
(Prust is every positive adjective in the dictionary, even how he avoided Enroth the way nobody avoids the King)

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
  #181
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,262
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=lbrowne;32023118]This is proof you simply do not watch him fight. Has he been rag dolled? Yeah I saw Stuart from Boston get him good once.

Other than that, he's a good scrapper.

I know Avery had a bad outing at home that led to him being a healthy scratch for a few games but I think Torts needs to start giving him back his ice time. he plays better and is more involved when he takes a regular shift.

Playing 4-8 mins, he's just not in it.[/
QUOTE]

N.F.S.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
  #182
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
That is because Prust is a better player than Avery.
No doubt about it at this point.

Prust is Avery with a brain.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
  #183
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
E Nixson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
No doubt about it at this point.

Prust is Avery with a brain
.
Prust is twice the player Avery is.

E Nixson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:49 PM
  #184
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
More excuses for the guy.

if that were true, he'd be getting a regular shift.
Avery looks be on the decline. It happens to 30 + players who aren't big and who throw their body around for a long period of time. Not that it necessarily will happen but I can possibly see it happening to Callahan in his early 30's.

But on the subject of making excuses for-- let's take for instance Drury a guy you've been making all kinds of excuses over and there's not even a little doubt that he's been on a steep decline. He's worked his way from being a top 6 forward for us to being practically a spare--but it's the guys he plays with and not getting the pwp time--it's the injuries etc. etc. $7 mil + last year for 12 goals. Same cap space this year for 0.

I can easily envision a Rangers team without Avery--who's been one of my favorite players the last few years--and if we're a better team for it so ****ing be it. Funny however that so many people can't see us sans Drury. At least Avery can still skate at an NHL pace.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
  #185
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Avery looks be on the decline. It happens to 30 + players who aren't big and who throw their body around for a long period of time. Not that it necessarily will happen but I can possibly see it happening to Callahan in his early 30's.

But on the subject of making excuses for-- let's take for instance Drury a guy you've been making all kinds of excuses over and there's not even a little doubt that he's been on a steep decline. He's worked his way from being a top 6 forward for us to being practically a spare--but it's the guys he plays with and not getting the pwp time--it's the injuries etc. etc. $7 mil + last year for 12 goals. Same cap space this year for 0.

I can easily envision a Rangers team without Avery--who's been one of my favorite players the last few years--and if we're a better team for it so ****ing be it. Funny however that so many people can't see us sans Drury. At least Avery can still skate at an NHL pace.
The difference is the excuses for Drury are real - hes been injured all of this season, and really hasnt been the same since he got that concussion in Calgary last season. As such, Im not ready to proclaim that hes completely useless to this team. With Avery, thats a lot more clearcut. And no, Im not expecting Drury to even play and if he does, Im not expecting him to ignite the offense - but his presence in the locker room and ability to win faceoffs automatically makes him more valuable to the team than guys like Avery and Erik Christensen.

Not to mention Drury deserves a lot more leeway given his solid career, leadership abilities, and playoff pedigree.

But hey, maybe Avery can face a goaltender trying to screen him and give us all a big laugh again!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:05 PM
  #186
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The difference is the excuses for Drury are real - hes been injured all of this season, and really hasnt been the same since he got that concussion in Calgary last season. As such, Im not ready to proclaim that hes completely useless to this team. With Avery, thats a lot more clearcut. And no, Im not expecting Drury to even play and if he does, Im not expecting him to ignite the offense - but his presence in the locker room and ability to win faceoffs automatically makes him more valuable to the team than guys like Avery and Erik Christensen.

Not to mention Drury deserves a lot more leeway given his solid career, leadership abilities, and playoff pedigree.

But hey, maybe Avery can face a goaltender trying to screen him and give us all a big laugh again!
So--you're admitting they're exuses? Why no excuses for Avery then? I know--you just don't like him. He's not a credit to the game? Bad guy Avery. Good guy Drury. As bad as Avery is--never suspended for an on ice incident. He does have his own rule though. Image must mean a lot to you.

On presence in the locker room--that wins games? What about presence on the ice?
Is that what winning a few faceoffs are all about? Drury wins a few of those and he's done his job? Is that all we should expect from him? Last I looked Christensen was between 48 and 49% on draws--not real good--but not terrible either. Christensen does provide some offense--maybe not all of the time but at least some of the time. That means nothing?--compared to a little better faceoff %? You'd rather win the faceoffs and give up some goals?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:37 PM
  #187
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Zuccarello's not gonna get a shift for a while. He just lazily glided over to the bench while the puck was coming towards him. He's too nonchalant and uninvolved when he doesn't have the puck on his stick. I loved his attitude when he first got here that he'd "do whatever it takes, even if they send me to the AHL" but he hasn't shown that in his play. Zuke, please don't make me start associating you with Zherdev. :

edit: sorry wrong thread!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
  #188
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
I really don't want Avery on the team next year, and I like Avery too.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:56 PM
  #189
PawelW007
Registered User
 
PawelW007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
I think Sean is one of the best Rangers tonight (not saying much though) lol

PawelW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:09 PM
  #190
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawelW007 View Post
I think Sean is one of the best Rangers tonight (not saying much though) lol
he did well in that fight?

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.