HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Embarrassing Loss

Old
03-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Skarjak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In the end, our rank ranks higher than our actual worth. Was like that in the playoffs last year, which performance keeps clouding our judgment, and it's like that now 'cause we're 6th, will make the playoffs and yet all this without Markov, Gorges and Spacek. Thanks to Price, to a system that was mostly bought for a part of the year but also a big thank you to all the teams who decided to suck more than us this year.

If Jersey plays to their potential, there is no way they are behind us. If the Leafs uses Reimer before, still no way they end up behind us. But all and all, we are jucky to play in the worst conference I've seen in a long time. Just think about that for a second....Our best scorer has 55 points. The centerman of our 2nd line has 36 points. Some players in there weren't there at the start of the season, and the forward who seemed to miss more is a guy who was in Hamilton not so long ago. So making the playoffs is indeed a borderline miracle but thanks to all the factors I've named before, it's not about the quality of what we have left in the lineup.

But the idea behind this regular season is to prepare yourself for a tough battle against the same team for 4 to 7 games....so whatever the rank, do we look prepare to face that kind of battle? I guess it's not important when your sole goal is to reach the playoffs. If so, mission accomplished.
... really? You think the leafs have a better line up? A team that doesn't even have a first line center (not even a 1b first line center)? A team that started the season with an AHL worthy roster?

Let's not give in to hyperbole here. I don't know if you forgot, but we started the season as a real offensive powerhouse of a team with extremely solid defense. Plekanec and Kostitsyn were just flying early on. Now the team looks disorganized and has a very slow defense. That's just the way things go in a season. As the saying goes, you're never as good as you are during your best games, and you're never as bad as you are during your worst.

It's very dishonest to suggest what we see now is our "true team" as some people have been doing, considering they gave us 70 games where they performed better than this. Unless you think they ran out of magic pixie dust, you have to admit we're just seeing them at their worst and that they, in fact, are much better than what we are seeing in this slump.

Sure, no one player on our team has had great stats this season. That doesn't really matter however. The fact is that we did score enough goals to win all these games, even if we didn't rely on a few superstars to do it. This team is exactly as good as its rank indicates, considering that it played and won all these games fair and square.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Forsead

Quote:
In the end, our rank ranks higher than our actual worth. Was like that in the playoffs last year, which performance keeps clouding our judgment, and it's like that now 'cause we're 6th, will make the playoffs and yet all this without Markov, Gorges and Spacek. Thanks to Price, to a system that was mostly bought for a part of the year but also a big thank you to all the teams who decided to suck more than us this year.

If Jersey plays to their potential, there is no way they are behind us. If the Leafs uses Reimer before, still no way they end up behind us. But all and all, we are jucky to play in the worst conference I've seen in a long time. Just think about that for a second....Our best scorer has 55 points. The centerman of our 2nd line has 36 points. Some players in there weren't there at the start of the season, and the forward who seemed to miss more is a guy who was in Hamilton not so long ago. So making the playoffs is indeed a borderline miracle but thanks to all the factors I've named before, it's not about the quality of what we have left in the lineup.

But the idea behind this regular season is to prepare yourself for a tough battle against the same team for 4 to 7 games....so whatever the rank, do we look prepare to face that kind of battle? I guess it's not important when your sole goal is to reach the playoffs. If so, mission accomplished.
Well Nashville seem to have no problem being in the playoffs in the ''best'' conference and they probably won't have any 50 pts player this season...

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveshutt View Post
If we fire Martin who can we replace him with? Vigneault, Boucher, Julien not going anywhere. Lemaire will retire if not staying in New Jersey. That leaves who? Carbonneau, Therrien, Hartley, Tremblay? Hartley's the best of them but I wouldn't be very excited about it.
If only the organization didn't make speaking french a criteria for a coaching job...

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Capitano

Bottom line we are not coming into these games with a level of desperation that our opponents have.

It is what it is. The coach deserves credit for the team being in a playoff spot at this point...but also deserves criticism for not having his team prepared to play in these key games.

Somebody mentioned that a lot of players have been overused this year and now they are out of gas...makes sense if you ask me.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Well, if you're going to use these excuses for NJ and Toronto, then why not do the same for us? Where would we be with Markov-Gorges-Spacek-MaxPac healthy? Heck, we probably would have already clinched with a healthy MaxPac alone, considering he was our best scorer in 2011 I believe.

Pheonix are sitting 4th and their best scorer has 58pts.
Nashville will most likely make it in and they don't have one player with 50pts.

Both those teams rely on solid goalkeeping. Bryzgalov faces more shots on avg than Price and Rinne only gets to see 0.4 less pucks than Price.

But, for those two teams, we talk about Jack Adams. Trotz and Tippett are considered two amazing coaches, while Martin is an emotionless clown even though he's doing what they're doing.

We're in a bad funk. In the West, they're saying the team nobody would want to face in the first round is Nashville. Well, in the East, that bottom seed team is Mtl, especially if we get MaxPac back.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-31-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Quoted deleted post
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:40 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well Nashville seem to have no problem being in the playoffs in the ''best'' conference and they probably won't have any 50 pts player this season...
If there's a model I don't want the habs to follow it's the Nashville predators.

The epitome of futility. Never going to go far in the playoffs. That's not what I want for my habs.

Just making the playoffs isn't the ultimate badge of honor... that's just not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Nashville will most likely make it in and they don't have one player with 50pts.
Are those teams supposed to be some type of model to follow ?

Because if that's the plan the habs are following, I'm going to take a pass on being excited about this.

Last edited by E = CH²: 03-31-2011 at 10:46 AM.
E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 10:57 AM
missthenet

Quote:
If Price plays for Toronto and we have TO's goalies Toronto are in the playoffs and we are out, simple as that

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
If Price plays for Toronto and we have TO's goalies Toronto are in the playoffs and we are out, simple as that
this guy speak the truth

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
You know, if you take the highest draft pick in the last 10 years from nearly any team in the East and give it to Toronto for whatever they have that's aweful, there's good chances Toronto will perform more than said team (with a few exceptions like Philly).

Our best draft pick was used on a goalie. Said goalie is the super-star of the team and makes us win games. That's how things should be, no need for nonsense about how 'if our goalie sucked we'd suck'. The reason they took Price with their #5 pick was to have a goalie that did not suck for a long time. If other teams used their best picks on defense or offense, there's good chances that these will be superior to the Habs.

I have serious concern about how Martin is overusing his veterans and Price over the course of the season though. He has a decent excuse with injuries, but I'm not sure it excuses his overuse of Price. It's twice now that he put Price in back to back games and that he didn't manage to perform to his usual ability in the second game, yet he says that Price isn't tired, he's fine. Plekanec, Halpern, Gill seem totally burnt.

Hopefully the players are actually smart enough to save up their energy right now since our PO spot is all but sure. Yes it gives sucky games like last night and, well, last week but what matters now is to be ready for the playoffs. And I'm not sure that Martin will have them ready to perform them by overusing all his vets right now and benching young players who still have a lot of energy whenever they make one mistake. I'm really not liking his use of the bench considering the current situation, I could understand it when we were battling to not fall at the 9th spot, but with a little breathing room, you'd wish he would use it to rest his top players and try to give some confidence to the younger ones before the POs. But he's doing exactly the opposite.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well, if you're going to use these excuses for NJ and Toronto, then why not do the same for us? Where would we be with Markov-Gorges-Spacek-MaxPac healthy? Heck, we probably would have already clinched with a healthy MaxPac alone, considering he was our best scorer in 2011 I believe.
People ignore facts like these because it's a lot more fun to ***** and whine about how bad the team is and how bad of a coach Martin is.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
With or without Price, Leafs aren't a playoff team.

Unless Price can singe-handedly lift their PP from 25th in the league to something respectable, can drastically improve on their sub-80% PK, can help them not get outshot by 2 on average per game (I bet you didn't know the Habs actually tend to outshoot their opponents) and can lift their 5-on-5 gf/ga to above 1. The Leafs are worse on the PP, worse on the PK and worse 5-on-5 than the Habs. How does a goalie change drastically improve them in all those areas?

Oh, I know what you're thinking. Just look at that Reimer kid! Had he been in nets since October the Leafs would easily be in the playoffs. Except their success has more to do with them doing what they do every year than it does with any change in personnel.

This year up until Jan 31, .402 win percentage. After, .558.
Last year, .460 jumped to .547.
The year before, .462 to .586.

Price isn't taking a sub .500 team to the playoffs by himself. He might lift that team to close to .500, but then the Leafs won't be going on their patented late season run because they'll actually have to play games that mean something.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
... really? You think the leafs have a better line up? A team that doesn't even have a first line center (not even a 1b first line center)? A team that started the season with an AHL worthy roster?

Let's not give in to hyperbole here. I don't know if you forgot, but we started the season as a real offensive powerhouse of a team with extremely solid defense. Plekanec and Kostitsyn were just flying early on. Now the team looks disorganized and has a very slow defense. That's just the way things go in a season. As the saying goes, you're never as good as you are during your best games, and you're never as bad as you are during your worst.

It's very dishonest to suggest what we see now is our "true team" as some people have been doing, considering they gave us 70 games where they performed better than this. Unless you think they ran out of magic pixie dust, you have to admit we're just seeing them at their worst and that they, in fact, are much better than what we are seeing in this slump.

Sure, no one player on our team has had great stats this season. That doesn't really matter however. The fact is that we did score enough goals to win all these games, even if we didn't rely on a few superstars to do it. This team is exactly as good as its rank indicates, considering that it played and won all these games fair and square.
Sorry but people forget how we were also dissastified with our team for most of the year. That not so long ago, a guy we now used as a terrible loss in Spacek, was seen as one of the worst player ever. As far as the Leafs is concerned, they had TERRIBLE goaltending till Reimer went. Surely, player by player, on paper, they surely don't have a better lineup but AS A TEAM, working like they do, pure talent takes a backseat and their work ethic prevails. But while some people will use the fact that we're just a few points behind higher positions...well the Leafs, in reality, are just 9 points behind with 1 game in hand which could potentially mean 3 more wins and 1 1pt game....that's also not that far behind.

Stats matters for this team when the Powerplay is actually amongst your top 3 reasons why you should win games.....the other one being Price and the 2nd being a total commitment to this boring system of ours...System that, sadly enough, HAS to be played in his entirety if we ever want a chance at winning. But when you don't have strong enough system, d-men good enough or forwards aware enough to play a much better defensive game....you need to win 5-3 and not 2-1 which then would mean that stats aren't important...

Quote:
How's their +/- doing? Problem is that if you see Nashville play, THEY are able to win those 2-1 games, have a Vezina real contender in their ranks, have a defensive squad much more mobile in their transition game and in their skating and have a total commitment in the system and their coach. THAT is enough to not have stats matter THAT much.

Quote:

Both those teams rely on solid goalkeeping. Bryzgalov faces more shots on avg than Price and Rinne only gets to see 0.4 less pucks than Price.

But, for those two teams, we talk about Jack Adams. Trotz and Tippett are considered two amazing coaches, while Martin is an emotionless clown even though he's doing what they're doing.

We're in a bad funk. In the West, they're saying the team nobody would want to face in the first round is Nashville. Well, in the East, that bottom seed team is Mtl, especially if we get MaxPac back.
Not saying I'm not using the Markov-Gorges-MaxPac excuse....Just responding to whoever is panicking NOW over the fact that we keep losing badly.....Reality check is that RIGHT NOW, with the injuries we have, we're no better than what's were showing. That if Jersey and TO would have woken up in their own way, that we'd REALLY battle for the playoff spot. Jersey has been playing without Parise THEIR key player, which to me means our Markov....Yet, with Lemaire in charge, who cared about Parise at one point? With TO, goaltending is key and unless they made a change out of those goalies, they started playing MUCH better.

So my point was about the situation we are in now. With our injuries. Now, it's pretty sad to think that with MaxPac, a guy who didn't play most of our games, that he's a SIGNIFICANT loss while we're suppose to be build up front so that the ones who are still there ARE paid to make a difference. Which in TO, it's far from being the case. Pisses me off as well that MaxPac, is making a difference by the way he plays the game while this team has been build without thinking that bringing bigger bodies would be needed when losing 1 simple guy is actually proving it....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
People ignore facts like these because it's a lot more fun to ***** and whine about how bad the team is and how bad of a coach Martin is.
And then some others will use that excuse so it will end up being a rinse and repeat next year SOLELY based on that and not thinking we'd need to improve everywhere else. And especially if we sign Markov, which I hope we did, but what happens if he's hurt again? Using that excuse AGAIN for next year? How about the Pens losing Crosby, Malkin, Orpik and Co? When their team, based on the money figure IS build on those Crosby and Malkin with close to nothing else after that while our team is suppose to have a better mix and more depth?

Yes, the team is not the worst ever. Yes, Martin is not the worst coach ever. But I think there's a lot of room for improvement EVEN with those guys missing. There are ingredients that should be added for a mix of players. You can't call yourself a speedy team with the ingredients we have now. You can't expect a team to build on a system that not a whole lot of players want to play. Martin IS a fine coach if everybody believes in him. The day they stop, it won't be as good. Let's hope that the guys in place wake up and understand that this is the only way they'll win.....but AS OF NOW, with everything that is going on, we are as good as a team who wins 1...lose 2...win 2....lose 1. So my whole post was about facing reality. As far as I'm concerned, while everybody want to take their own life in the past GDT's...I wasn't the biggest whiner....

Old
03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Median

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post

Unless Price can singe-handedly lift their PP from 25th in the league to something respectable, can drastically improve on their sub-80% PK, can help them not get outshot by 2 on average per game (I bet you didn't know the Habs actually tend to outshoot their opponents) and can lift their 5-on-5 gf/ga to above 1. The Leafs are worse on the PP, worse on the PK and worse 5-on-5 than the Habs. How does a goalie change drastically improve them in all those areas?

Oh, I know what you're thinking. Just look at that Reimer kid! Had he been in nets since October the Leafs would easily be in the playoffs. Except their success has more to do with them doing what they do every year than it does with any change in personnel.

Price isn't taking a sub .500 team to the playoffs by himself. He might lift that team to close to .500, but then the Leafs won't be going on their patented late season run because they'll actually have to play games that mean something.
Staying relevant with the question at hand though, what is the win percentage after Jan 31. removing w/l with Giguere in net?

Median is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median View Post
Staying relevant with the question at hand though, what is the win percentage after Jan 31. removing w/l with Giguere in net?
I don't even know what the question at hand is. I was responding to someone stating something as fact pertaining to the Leafs' playoff chances with Price in nets and nothing to do with the Leafs' current goalie situation other than it being the reason touted for this year's run. Much like the addition of Phaneuf last year around that time was used as a reason for them being a playoff team this year.

As for your question, I assume even higher, which only goes to further my point that every year the Leafs go on late season runs in which they play far beyond a level they can sustain.

Old
03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Are those teams supposed to be some type of model to follow ?

Because if that's the plan the habs are following, I'm going to take a pass on being excited about this.
Did I say those teams are models??
They are just two other teams that are in the POs, without any fire power up front, with solid goaltending and their coaches are getting praised for it.
We are in the exact same situation here, except out coach can't get much credit for anything.

That's all I was pointing to. The good old ''the grass is greener on the other side'' saying.

Quote:
Not saying I'm not using the Markov-Gorges-MaxPac excuse....Just responding to whoever is panicking NOW over the fact that we keep losing badly.....Reality check is that RIGHT NOW, with the injuries we have, we're no better than what's were showing. That if Jersey and TO would have woken up in their own way, that we'd REALLY battle for the playoff spot. Jersey has been playing without Parise THEIR key player, which to me means our Markov....Yet, with Lemaire in charge, who cared about Parise at one point? With TO, goaltending is key and unless they made a change out of those goalies, they started playing MUCH better.

So my point was about the situation we are in now. With our injuries. Now, it's pretty sad to think that with MaxPac, a guy who didn't play most of our games, that he's a SIGNIFICANT loss while we're suppose to be build up front so that the ones who are still there ARE paid to make a difference. Which in TO, it's far from being the case. Pisses me off as well that MaxPac, is making a difference by the way he plays the game while this team has been build without thinking that bringing bigger bodies would be needed when losing 1 simple guy is actually proving it....
Again WS, you have to be fair.

If NJ started the year with Lemaire, sure, maybe they'd be in a much better situation. They have come back down to reality however, they are 5-5-1 in last 11. But surely, they would be much closer to a race had Lemaire started there (or maybe even secured their spot). You mention how they would have done this even without Parise which compares to Markov. Well, I'm sure we would have secured our spot with every player but Markov as well. Actually, just gimme one of Gorges-Spacek-MaxPac, and we'd already have a secured spot by now. I'm convinced of it.

Reimer played 32Games, how would he have faired off with double the amount? I have no idea. Don't be so sure to say they'd be closer to a PO spot. There isn't too many goalies that can perform over 60+games as well as they do over 30-40.

What really is annoying though, is how people will quickly claim that we're going in the PO because other teams have struggled early on, which means we are lucky.
I think that is extremely negative and an unjustifiable thing to say.
We are going in the PO because we played better than the teams beneath us over the full season. We did so while missing key players over very long periods of time. People should be flat out impressed by our performance this year. But instead, they look at other teams and say, woosh, we're lucky they didn't wake up earlier.
I feel this is a very cheap way to look at what we've accomplished.

I'm extremely impressed with our club this year. When Markov went down, some were ready to scratch our season off. When Gorges went down, most of the remaining fans jumped in the same wagon (myself included). I was ready to sell some players actually. And then we lost Cammy, Darche, Spacek, and lately MaxPac (and Picard), but yet we're still standing. And instead of giving credit where credit is due (our coaching staff and players), people will look at the outside factors like other teams not going on absolute tears and then say we're lucky.
We were anything BUT lucky this year. No luck whatsoever.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
gusfring

Quote:

We have 9 more points than them with a game in hand. Surely if Price is in the top 3 in goalies in the NHL, then is for sure worth 8-9 points difference.

The Leafs are playing with way more heart than the Habs are right now, and that's sad.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
We have 9 more points than them with a game in hand. Surely if Price is in the top 3 in goalies in the NHL, then is for sure worth 8-9 points difference.

The Leafs are playing with way more heart than the Habs are right now, and that's sad.
Sad but true. The argument is a good one though...what is better? To have a good start and a consistent effort all season long or stumble out of the gate and finish strong?

Bottom line you have to make the playoffs though...but it certainly doesn't feel too good to limp in when other teams are really putting together strong efforts in 'must-win' games. It seems that we don't have any sense of desperation, none.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:

So were we playing with way more heart than them when we were running around .600 for most of the year and they were toiling at .400? Of course not, that would require giving credit to this team.

I showed you why the Leafs are having a bad year, and it's not just attributed to goaltending, and proved that they consistently go on meaningless runs at the end of the season when it's too little too late. There is no reason to believe that Price turns a team that plays .400 hockey for 3/4 of the season into a playoff team, let alone that they'd be in a better position than the Habs right now considering they're worse than them at pretty much every important facet of the game.

And it's funny how point totals work in some fans' eyes. 9 points up on Toronto, so if we switched goalies clearly they'd overtake us. 7 points behind Boston, but no we'd never catch them if we had a goalie playing with a .940 save percentage.

Old
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
gusfring

Quote:
So were we playing with way more heart than them when we were running around .600 for most of the year and they were toiling at .400? Of course not, that would require giving credit to this team.

I showed you why the Leafs are having a bad year, and it's not just attributed to goaltending, and proved that they consistently go on meaningless runs at the end of the season when it's too little too late. There is no reason to believe that Price turns a team that plays .400 hockey for 3/4 of the season into a playoff team, let alone that they'd be in a better position than the Habs right now considering they're worse than them at pretty much every important facet of the game.

And it's funny how point totals work in some fans' eyes. 9 points up on Toronto, so if we switched goalies clearly they'd overtake us. 7 points behind Boston, but no we'd never catch them if we had a goalie playing with a .940 save percentage.
Ok they would have the same amount of points with Price as they've had with Gustavsson.

Re-read my post.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Ok they would have the same amount of points with Price as they've had with Gustavsson.

Re-read my post.
Re-read mine.

The Leafs aren't a good goalie away from the playoffs. The numbers show that. Gustavsson's ****** numbers are as much a product of playing for a ****** team as their record is a product of them having a ****** goalie.

But go ahead, find a team that's bottom 5 in PP, bottom 5 in PK, gets outshot more often than not and has a sub-1 gf/ga during 5-on-5 play that has made the playoffs in the past decade.

Give them Tim Thomas, they're still not making the playoffs. They're a lottery team that goes on hot runs to end the season because there's zero pressure on them.

Old
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
habtastic

if we had Gorges (even leaving out Markov), and our forwards were not in a funk (and that is believe it or not, exactly what it is, a massive one) AND Pacioretty, I think we'd be jusssst fine for the playoffs assuming we make it. Add in Markov and we'd be a contender for at least the conference semis. Injuries screwed us. The slump, if it doesn't end, will royally screw us. We're a good team as a full roster. We're a great team if said roster performs to its potential (see Kovalchuk start of season vs now).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Re-read mine.

The Leafs aren't a good goalie away from the playoffs. The numbers show that. Gustavsson's ****** numbers are as much a product of playing for a ****** team as their record is a product of them having a ****** goalie.

But go ahead, find a team that's bottom 5 in PP, bottom 5 in PK, gets outshot more often than not and has a sub-1 gf/ga during 5-on-5 play that has made the playoffs in the past decade.

Give them Tim Thomas, they're still not making the playoffs. They're a lottery team that goes on hot runs to end the season because there's zero pressure on them.
Zero pressure on them, this is so true...the Leafs have been doing this for the past 5 or 6 seasons...they tease their fans...early in the season when there is expectations they seem to fold ( except when the play the Habs ) I am curious to see next season, whether Reimer who came out of nowhere, with no expectations will be able to carry the load, when there IS some expectations....

Anyhow, the Habs have 4 games left to get their butts in gear...make it happen boys!

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
If only the organization didn't make speaking french a criteria for a coaching job...
Tell me who we would have had, or can have now that would make an ideal coach in the anglophone side.

Old
03-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Tell me who we would have had, or can have now that would make an ideal coach in the anglophone side.
I like Jacques Martin and I think he was a good choice, but someone could say Laviolette could also have been a good choice and perhaps even better. But then again whe can't know what he would have been. Also Dave Tippett.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote