HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Rundblad

Old
03-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc View Post
Speculation from who?

Sounds like a solid load of bull****.
Well, the very nature of speculation lends itself to sounding like a solid load of bull****

I can't say I've seen any of this speculation myself, but just from looking at the depth the Sens have built up in blueline prospects, and given the lack of young top-6 calibre forwards in the pipeline (along with an allotment of picks they have collected), speculation on moving one of those assets (likely in a package) for help up front doesn't seem all that far fetched to me.

If that kind of speculation is correct and they decide to put a defensive asset on the block, then it makes sense that the asset would be Wiercioch. It doesn't seem very likely that either of Rundblad or Cowen would be moved.

Not saying anything is going to happen on that front, but it doesn't seem like some X-Files type of conspiracy theory to me. Seems like a very plausible scenario.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:28 PM
KlattNazty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
Well, the very nature of speculation lends itself to sounding like a solid load of bull****

I can't say I've seen any of this speculation myself, but just from looking at the depth the Sens have built up in blueline prospects, and given the lack of young top-6 calibre forwards in the pipeline (along with an allotment of picks they have collected), speculation on moving one of those assets (likely in a package) for help up front doesn't seem all that far fetched to me.

If that kind of speculation is correct and they decide to put a defensive asset on the block, then it makes sense that the asset would be Wiercioch. It doesn't seem very likely that either of Rundblad or Cowen would be moved.

Not saying anything is going to happen on that front, but it doesn't seem like some X-Files type of conspiracy theory to me. Seems like a very plausible scenario.
Agreed, Its not all the inconceivable that someone comes to Murray with a well put together package with a good forward prospect or two, or some higher picks and Murray considers dealing Runblad. They have alot in the back end, but the rebuild needs to occur in both ends.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote