HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OEL to SA

Old
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
OEL to SA

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=557842

Is Jovo healthy?

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Not playing anyway. Better off getting some games in.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
That could be the only reason I can think of why he would get sent down, besides David S convincing Tippett that he deserves to be playing the last few games of the season with scoring big goals like the one vs Dallas on Tuesday.

Still I want OEL over him though!

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

Oh well, this is good for the development of him. Let him get some big ice time in the minors.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I understand why he is being sent down, my question is why not 15 games ago when he was determined to be the odd man out?

I'm sure SA could have used a pt/game dman a while ago.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:55 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

OEL > Schlemko.

Still shocked that Schlemko got to play the last few games over him.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Yeah...I'm with you on that one, OEL always looked good when he played to me. There were some mistakes, but far fewer mistakes than what we've seen from Schlemmy and Yandle during his rookie year.

I guess we'll just have to wait until next year to get OEL back where he should be. I think next year will be a 35+ pt season similar to Yandle's a year ago.

In two year's time, we could have 2 60+ pt dmen. Other teams are going to be very jealous.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
I understand why he is being sent down, my question is why not 15 games ago when he was determined to be the odd man out?

someone has to be the backup.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

This is good news, it must mean Jovo is about ready. I suspect they won't put him in just yet but they must feel he's close enough that he can sit in that #7 spot. I hope OEL can help lift San Antonio while he's down there, I'd really like to see them make the playoffs and do some damage in the post season.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:52 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

Sending someone as talented as OEL down instead of Flemko... makes no freaken sense at all. What is DT's man crush on Flemko for anyways? I don't get it.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
Sending someone as talented as OEL down instead of Flemko... makes no freaken sense at all. What is DT's man crush on Flemko for anyways? I don't get it.
Seriously, what games have you been watching? Shlemko makes some mistakes, but at this time is twice the player than OEL is. It doesn't matter b/c after next week he is scratched. Shlemko makes a brain fart or two a game, but so does Yandle and DeMo. I have been impressed by Shlemko's development this past month. I just don't know what game some people are watching that beat up on Shlemmy.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 05:57 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Seriously, what games have you been watching? Shlemko makes some mistakes, but at this time is twice the player than OEL is. It doesn't matter b/c after next week he is scratched. Shlemko makes a brain fart or two a game, but so does Yandle and DeMo. I have been impressed by Shlemko's development this past month. I just don't know what game some people are watching that beat up on Shlemmy.
Clearly different games than you. Some mistakes? Are you kidding me? He is a lock for 4+ TOs a game. And not little ones on the boards where a fight for the puck can continue, but he literally passes it to the middle of the ice, directly on the opposing teams stick. That is a HUGE mistake.

Twice the player? OEL has better hands, better vision, and is so far ahead in pure talent there is no comparison. I can't think of a single thing Flemko does better than OEL. The only advantage he has on OEL is that he is older.

Yandle and Demo have done far more than Flemko. And Yandle brings so much more, that he actually makes up for his mistakes. Not only that, those two as a pairing don't make as many costly turnovers as Flemko.

I simply can not agree that Flemko should be in our top six. He should be our 8th. Behind: Aucoin, Jovo, Klesla, Rosi, Yandle, Demo, and OEL.

Old
03-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis19 View Post
Clearly different games than you. Some mistakes? Are you kidding me? He is a lock for 4+ TOs a game. And not little ones on the boards where a fight for the puck can continue, but he literally passes it to the middle of the ice, directly on the opposing teams stick. That is a HUGE mistake.

Twice the player? OEL has better hands, better vision, and is so far ahead in pure talent there is no comparison. I can't think of a single thing Flemko does better than OEL. The only advantage he has on OEL is that he is older.

Yandle and Demo have done far more than Flemko. And Yandle brings so much more, that he actually makes up for his mistakes. Not only that, those two as a pairing don't make as many costly turnovers as Flemko.

I simply can not agree that Flemko should be in our top six. He should be our 8th. Behind: Aucoin, Jovo, Klesla, Rosi, Yandle, Demo, and OEL.
I feel like the only reason he hasn't been in the pressbox for those idiotic turnovers was because he got lucky and Bryz was able to bailed his ass out everytime. Not to mention that he's picked a couple of misguiding secondary assists.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:16 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

by that same logic we should sit yandle and demo? Look at the little details he does away from the puck in our zone. last game there was atleast 2 legit scoring chances he broke up along Bryzs week side. Ok so he's not the best puck moving D-Man, but we have tons of those. At this juncture, he is a more solid and well rounded D-Man than OEL is.

Old
03-31-2011, 06:34 PM
okiepig

I got no problem sending OEL down for the rest of the season, he had a good rookie season,
On top of that at least we aren't enjoying David Hale's skills set anymore.. so cheer up..
I would imagine that Schlemko is going to be part of a trade, just can't see him as much more than GMDM's leverage in the Jovo contract negotiations- if Jovo stays, Schlem can probably pack his trash.
nothing against him- he's not as bad as some think, but he will be expendable..

okiepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 06:44 PM
zz

I don't understand the Schlemko hate. Here's an undrafted guy whom we got for nothing, developed through our system and is able to contribute offensively. The guy's +9 over 52 games, and he seems to playing better as the year progresses. Is he top-pairing material? Maybe not. But I'm pretty excited to have another home-grown young talent taking a spot. It helps the reputation of our development program, which hopefully will lead to more young players becoming excited to be part of the Coyote organization.

Long story short: Schlemko earning an NHL spot is a good thing for this organization.

As far as comparing him an OEL, that's just silly. One is a 19 year old potential all-star who got a bit tired after 50 games and needs to be developed carefully. The other is almost 24 and needs to prove he can stick in the big league or get out of the way. Completely different scenarios.

Imagine what our D could look like 2 years from now:

Yandle / Morris
OEL / Klesla
Schlemko / Gormley

Young, dynamic, talented, with each pairing contributing offensively - I like it.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawn View Post
I don't understand the Schlemko hate. Here's an undrafted guy whom we got for nothing, developed through our system and is able to contribute offensively. The guy's +9 over 52 games, and he seems to playing better as the year progresses. Is he top-pairing material? Maybe not. But I'm pretty excited to have another home-grown young talent taking a spot. It helps the reputation of our development program, which hopefully will lead to more young players becoming excited to be part of the Coyote organization.

Long story short: Schlemko earning an NHL spot is a good thing for this organization.

As far as comparing him an OEL, that's just silly. One is a 19 year old potential all-star who got a bit tired after 50 games and needs to be developed carefully. The other is almost 24 and needs to prove he can stick in the big league or get out of the way. Completely different scenarios.

Yandle / Morris
OEL / Klesla
Schlemko / Gormley

Young, dynamic, talented, with each pairing contributing offensively - I like it.
You always sound like you're in such a good mood....how do you do it

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
He gets it from me.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

Quote:
by that same logic we should sit yandle and demo? Look at the little details he does away from the puck in our zone. last game there was atleast 2 legit scoring chances he broke up along Bryzs week side. Ok so he's not the best puck moving D-Man, but we have tons of those. At this juncture, he is a more solid and well rounded D-Man than OEL is.
Did you even read what I said about demo and Yandle? I said they make mistakes, not as often as he does, and they add more than he does. Morris saves Yandle's ass every game. Yandle creates more scoring chances than anyone else on our team. Flemko is meh.

Quote:
I got no problem sending OEL down for the rest of the season, he had a good rookie season,
On top of that at least we aren't enjoying David Hale's skills set anymore..
So true.

Quote:

Yandle / Morris
OEL / Klesla
Schlemko / Gormley

I don't hate him, as much as I hate to see him chosen over OEL. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I just don't think he's a top six d-man on our team. If he was being used as a filler, I wouldn't say a thing.

Old
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Tippett pry like the facial hair, ya know? Hollweg over Tiki. Schelmko's lil chin patch over OEL. I dont know...

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

OEL was looking better and better until he got banished. What impressed me most is the guy, for his age and weight was strong and used his body well. If Turris could say the same, he'd be the #1 center we so desparately need. No doubt in my mind OEL is the real deal. I've given up trying to figure out Tippett's mindset on who plays. Talent seems to have little to no weight in his thinking.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:21 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
But I am in a good mood! (Well, until I start thinking too much about the ownership situation, but I digress)

Seriously though, what did you see in my post that suggested I was grumpy?

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post

Mostly for insurance until Jovo came back. There was no way OEL was going to see any ice time in Phoenix for the rest of this season given that he doesn't have the NHL mental game down yet. I was expecting this move before the end of the season. I just wasn't sure when.

Old
04-01-2011, 05:33 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
OEL was looking better and better until he got banished. What impressed me most is the guy, for his age and weight was strong and used his body well. If Turris could say the same, he'd be the #1 center we so desparately need. No doubt in my mind OEL is the real deal. I've given up trying to figure out Tippett's mindset on who plays. Talent seems to have little to no weight in his thinking.
Tippets mindset is to ice the team, every night, that gives him the best chance to win. Come playoffs, Shlemko isn't going to get any game action.

Old
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Tippets mindset is to ice the team, every night, that gives him the best chance to win. Come playoffs, Shlemko isn't going to get any game action.
This. I felt Schlemko had a stretch of games when he came off that injury where he was very good, but he's regressed to the soft, turnover prone machine he was before. He's still effective at moving the puck and has skills, but he'd get destroyed in the playoffs. Here's hoping he gets to experience the post-season from the press box.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote