HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings Ticket packages for the 2011-2012 season

Old
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
Los Angeles Kings Ticket packages for the 2011-2012 season

Greetings Kings fans

As all of you know the Coyotes may not be in Arizona next season and if that happens I am open to the idea of buying a ticket package with another NHL team. So are the Kings as well as the other 2 California teams are high on my list.

I spend between $1000-$1500 a season which includes $15 per seat for full season tickets in section 208 row B and I do some upgrades here any there. The last game vs Dallas I upgraded to the Toyota Club all inclusive package for $120 more.

So are going solo on a full season or half season ticket package is out of the question but open to the idea of splitting a ticket package considering I live 4 hours driving time from LA. Im also open to the idea of a smaller say 4-10 game pack if the price is right.

What are prices going for next season? Are the plans flexable? Are upgrades an option at anytime?

Any infomation would be great and those this thread doesnt seem like a waste, this thread can be used to talk about anything related to Kings tickets.

Thanks in advance!

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
DeeMeck

You're not going to find 15 bucks here.

I would call a ticket rep. They have plans for most anyone.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Quattro

15 bucks? DAMN

Look into 10 game plans...

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
You're not going to find 15 bucks here.

I would call a ticket rep. They have plans for most anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
15 bucks? DAMN

Look into 10 game plans...
Of course Im willing to play more per ticket especially if it not for the full season, just checking out as much info as can.
Ill checkout the 10 game plan.

Old
03-31-2011, 07:40 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

They have a 10 game weekend plan which might work best since you'll be traveling. It's pretty much a selection of 10 Saturday games which are usually at 7:30pm and sometimes at 1pm. For nosebleed seats (300's) you can get one for around $30/seat/game.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:44 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Here is the info on some of the 10-game plans, as well as half-season etc.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68281

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Here is the info on some of the 10-game plans, as well as half-season etc.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68281
aaaaand you win the thread. That should have been post #2

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'd suggest a few things:

1) Join up @ letsgokings.com and see if anyone wants to split part of their season tix. There are usually a couple of people at the beginning of evry season. I tried one year when they were really bad and had no luck. Maybe you'll get lcuky and find someone with Diehards ($12 per ticket but are soldout to new STH)

2) Unless you are adamant about having the same seats every game, I would suggest putting together a plan by yourself piecemeal style. The Kings usually offer deals throughout the year for ticket packs. I've found that I can usually by tickets cheaper from one of those and/or buying tix on stubhub etc., cheaper than you'll pay for a 10 game pack. The price break on the 10 gamer just aint worth it imo. I bought a holiday pack last year which was 2 tix to 7 games for $230 I believe. That doesn't come around until December though. There is also no guarantee they'll offer it every year but they have for the past 5 seasons or so.

3) Don't become a ducks fan although they usually have pretty cheap tix.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:52 PM
KillerKampfer*

Anyone on here a new season ticket holder who has just bought seats?

I am getting the run around on my playoff tickets. They can't tell me the prices or my exact location. I was told this is because they are waiting to see who renews and who does not.

My rep seems like a solid guy so I do not want to bash the Kings unfairly for having bad reps when thats not the case I think that would be a nasty thing to do. I was able to buy the Die Hard seats in the last row on the blueline for 20 bucks. Ill do 10 games for you at my cost Arizona Pride.

These Die Hards were sold out when I called but my rep gave me a call back the next day offering them and I snapped them up immediately.

While I feel bad for jinxing the team buying these before Kopi went down that has nothing to do with the buisiness aspect of things. That injury should absolutely be taken into account by the powers at be who supposedly still havent determined 2011 playoff pricing or where my location is as they claim to be waiting to see who renews and who does not. Trying to charge me double what a regular season game would cost for the first round would be ridiculous given the best player went down inbetween when I purchased the tickets and them setting the prices. That is gouging and wrong if they do it, if Kopitar was on the roster it would be one thing trying to squeeze every last buck out of the newest subscribers since you can't do it to renewers without them collectively complaining and holding you accountable.

THey are already selling individual game playoff tickets but they can't give me a freaking seat location its not like I am complaining because the tickets havent come in the mail although it sounds like I will only get them two days before the first game if we get home ice.

Im being told as well that ticketmaster is handling all these playoff tickets and not the Kings. Id love to hear the experiences of any ST holders who bought theres right before the playoffs in previous years and if you had to wait so long to get your playoff pricing and location.

Edit- all is good. My rep was 100% correct and honest about the Kings waiting for the brokers to drop these seats they wanted to give me. Thats what happened and I have some row 15 seats. Pricing is very fair. Big props to the Kings! First class organization!

Last edited by KillerKampfer*: 04-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.
KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Fishhead

Seats on the uppper end are well under $1500 a season. Mine are right around $900, but I've had them for a while so it's probably discounted a bit. As a STH, you get free upgrades for tickets throughout the year to select games, trade-ins, and other perks. I second the suggestion to call a rep, they can customize packages to fit you.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Im being told as well that ticketmaster is handling all these playoff tickets and not the Kings. Id love to hear the experiences of any ST holders who bought theres right before the playoffs in previous years and if you had to wait so long to get your playoff pricing and location.
Unless you can get "pay as we play" plan for playoffs, you are probably better off buying them on your own. ymmv

I got rid of my season seats a few years back but I buy a pack of some kind every year whether it is a holiday pack or some other offer they put out. I also put together a handful of group tickets games (15+ tix for a game) for my friend during the year and I tried to buy playoff tickets last year and they wanted to charge me for the first and second round (8 games) right off the bat and would refund me the money if they don't play any of those. It just seemed really ticky tack to me so I just went through ticketmaster. FYI.. I was buying 8 seats so 8 tickets times 8 games = no thanks.

Either way, you might get a price break on the playoff tickets compared to ticketmaster plus no ticketmaster fees but I can almost guarantee you the $40 face value 300 level playoff ticket isn't going to be much cheaper than $30-35 and even that is a stretch. I don't care if Kevin Westgarth is on the first line. They know they are going to sell the games out regardless and they won't be doling out big discounts.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 08:47 PM
KillerKampfer*

Thanks Buddy. I did get "pay as you play" it was the biggest reason I decided to not take the half season 28 dollar seats when I was on the phone and hoped my guy would call me back with 20 buck full seasons which he did. THe offer for playoff tickets on the half seasons was pretty good despite not being PAYP but it probably wouldn't have been a notable difference from ticketmaster themselves. I think I would have had to buy all 8 potential first and second round games immediately, and then do the same for conference finals and cup finals. So despite the wait I am happy to be doing PAYP just not knowing my seat location or price until so close to the games is a little annoying.

The Kings are easily my favorite Western team so I really would feel bad being committed to teams in other cities but missing the boat on them so I couldnt be more thrilled with the pair I have for next year. I didnt spend any time out West this winter for the first time since before I was 21 (took a week vaca from my job here to stay active at two part time jobs in NV in October) and need to do the same at some point before next season starts so Id love to come out for a later playoff round as it will keep me from using my lower bowl Bruins pair thats going to be 400 face if theyre still playing or going to the Celtics games and drinking and not having the money to put towards for next years bill. Me not knowing how much they will charge me if the Kings are in the WCF or SCF is kinda annoying considering I purchased a full season.

So far my rep seems like a great guy and the Kings organization is doing right by me as a ST holder and I'm thrilled I was able to get a pair to a top 5 NHL franchise just Ill be annoyed if I get none of the savings a renewer would get (so if my WCF price is 120 bucks but the guy next to me whos had them a year longer is paying 70 it will bother me especially if I dont find out what the price is before the playoff starts and the Kings wait to see if theyre still playing hockey after the second round.) If these worries turn out to be unfounded I will be posting on here immediately and praising the organization.

I also want the team to go back to the early 90s Gretzky uniforms with the Chevy logo and ditch purple desperately. I love and rock that gear real hard and would buy up the entire pro shop and a t-shirt for every player if they do this. Kings are such a great NHL franchise I want their marketablilty to be peaking next year when the Staples Center is quiet with no Lakers and Clippers. No male non Kings fan is going to wear purple in public (I actually like Purple and think the jerseys the Kings wear now and have last few years make great thirds just they are atrocious when compared to the best hockey jerseys of all time and purple is not most peoples favorite color.)

Kings took care of me. Credit to the organization for putting the fans first. I don't blame the Kings for waiting to make sure the previous broker owners who had the entire last row of Staples waited to drop the seats instead of putting me elsewhere.

Last edited by KillerKampfer*: 04-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old
04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
KillerKampfer*

Oh and in response to the original post

2 Kings 2011/12 season tickets for 1640>2 Ducks 2011/12 season tickets for 1040. No brainer that.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Lots of good info so far! Thanks! KillerKampfer Thanks for the offer. Ill keep you in mind as we will see what happends with the Coyotes.

Also, Has anyone here ever experenced the VIP package and the Green Room? What is that like?