HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks - 3/31/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-31-2011, 11:44 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Vancouver *is* the best team in the NHL, and the Kings hung in there with them until the refs took them out of the game. Throwing the various members of the Kings under the bus is silly. They aren't going to win every game.

They'll bounce back Saturday.
Cmon, the refs took us out of the game?

Really???

ZERO shots in the 3rd period, ZERO, Clifford's major was with what, 6 minutes left, 6 and a half?

13 and a half minutes and ZERO shots, and it was the refs who took the Kings out of the game?

Seriously?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Yeah John Garrett. Like I said in the game day thread, he's a moron. He is by far worse than Hayward. He sucked as a goalie, and sucks as an announcer.
Ya he was trying to justify the hit on Handzus but he was making 0 sense. And neither of them said anything about Tanev putting himself in a stupid position knowing Clifford was coming. He turned his back and put his head down, thats not how Id brace from a hit.

Mully12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
You don't think that was the wrong time to send a message, 1 goal game, 5-7 minutes left, you plaster a guy from behind and send all hope of tying it up out the window???

Again, not a smart play.
I'm fine with the hit. The Kings weren't going tie the game anyways. Zero shots when Clifford took the penalty. It's not like the Kings were pushing for the tying goal and Clifford killed the momentum.

5-0 Sharks.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
It's fair to say he was falling, but Clifford pushed him in the back and then contacted his head with his leg. I thought it was a suspension when I saw it live, but I'm satisfied with 5 now that I've seen it a few times.
Same for me, at first, I thought it was a suspension as well. Btu Clifford had momentum going into the boards. Not much he can do there. His leg hitting Tanev's head made it look much worse.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:46 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOB Bluth View Post
They didn't have a shot in the period, there was no way they were tying that game up.
LOL So throw it all away on a bonehead play and just give up? Love it....

Old
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
wow, i actually thought Westgarth was 1 of the kings best players tonight. The 4th line was clearly and easily the best line, and Westgarth had a lot to do with that
You're kidding, right? I do agree the line had the most energy and created some chances, but I think that was in spite of Westy. I don't think he played poorly, I just think Harrold's game is more what the Kings need right now.

Cup 4 the Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Richardson had the best chance in the 3rd and would have scored probably if Luongo didn't throw his stick, but that doesn't mean we didn't suck in the 3rd. Murray played the game like it was 1-1. And if it was 1-1, we would have went into OT. But it was 2-1.

Call him up. He would be the best shooter we have.

The sad thing is that it would be true.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Cmon, the refs took us out of the game?

Really???

ZERO shots in the 3rd period, ZERO, Clifford's major was with what, 6 minutes left, 6 and a half?

13 and a half minutes and ZERO shots, and it was the refs who took the Kings out of the game?

Seriously?
Can't win 'em all. Seriously.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:48 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Congrats Canuck fans on the President's Trophy and I'm guessing a 2nd round exit.
... LMAO. Someone's more than a little jealous, I see. That reads like it was typed through tears, honestly.

Anyway, Quick looked better than his numbers showed for the game. A tough one for him.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:48 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Westy had a decent game. This loss was not his fault.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
KingLB

People always cry that the Kings don't "stand up for each other" does that count?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
The bonehead play was by the defender turning his back at the last moment and falling down before the hit. He knew Clifford was coming.

Too many players are doing this to get penalty calls.

Wasn't the Kings best chance in the third while killing a penalty?

Old
03-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... LMAO. Someone's more than a little jealous, I see. That reads like it was typed through tears, honestly.

Anyway, Quick looked better than his numbers showed for the game. A tough one for him.
LMAO. Funny how you call out KINGS17.

Are you saying you wouldn't enjoy seeing the Canucks fall apart? What the hell is wrong with you?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:51 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Can't win 'em all. Seriously.
Oh, I agree,

I think the game was fine, there was some good chances, there was compete most of the time, there was some mistakes, it happens, but you mentioned the refs taking us out of the game, that's a cop out.

What happened tonight was this,

A HOCKEY GAME WAS PLAYED.

That's it, it was a good entertaining game, that the Kings played well in for the most part without their top 2 offensive players, as fans that should be encouraging, but everyone has their head so far up their ass about one play, or one player, it's not even funny.

Old
KingLB

Quote:

You two clucking hens should either put each other on ignore or settle it in a cage match, cause every thread each of you try to point out the tiniest flaw in each others posts or reasoning.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GOB Bluth

Quote:
I don't see it as that much of a boneheaded play. The kid saw him coming, and tried to spin out of the way and evade and it didn't work for him. What is Clifford supposed to do? He's a checking line grinder, he's there to play the body.

GOB Bluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:53 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The bonehead play was by the defender turning his back at the last moment and falling down before the hit. He knew Clifford was coming.

Too many players are doing this to get penalty calls.

Wasn't the Kings best chance in the third while killing a penalty?
LOL hell, so let's just keep taking penalties?? Cmon man....

Tanev did not turn his back "last minute" he did a head check, saw Clifford and continued on the play, he tried to brake and turn at the last minute, BUT HE ALREADY HAD HIS BACK TO CLIFFORD. It was a stupid play by Clifford to continue the hit, he should have read the turn a bit sooner/better and moved to pinch it off, instead, he blasted him in the numbers. THAT is a no-no.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

At least the Kings didn't lose 6-0 while fighting for their playoff lives.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 4 the Kings View Post
You're kidding, right? I do agree the line had the most energy and created some chances, but I think that was in spite of Westy. I don't think he played poorly, I just think Harrold's game is more what the Kings need right now.
why would i be kidding? Westgarth was actually somewhat of a beast on the forcheck tonight, I can recall 3 times off the top of my head, where a turnover was caused and the puck kept in the zone due to Westgarth's forecheck. The 4th had the best cycle game to create chances of any line tonight, and yes, as much as you won't want to admit it, Westgarth was a part of the cycle

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

i bet canucks eliminated first round.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOB Bluth View Post
I don't see it as that much of a boneheaded play. The kid saw him coming, and tried to spin out of the way and evade and it didn't work for him. What is Clifford supposed to do? He's a checking line grinder, he's there to play the body.
He, just along with everyone else in that position, needs to NOT make that hit, let up, stop, pinch him on the boards force him back behind the net, it;'s a stupid play to continue to hit him in the numbers.

Old
03-31-2011, 11:55 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
It's fair to say he was falling, but Clifford pushed him in the back and then contacted his head with his leg. I thought it was a suspension when I saw it live, but I'm satisfied with 5 now that I've seen it a few times.
Alas, some class thank you!

But seriously, ziggy is right on the money, Moller either needs to be paired with richie or someone else with speed. If they keep him with the slugs, then he should just go back to manchester. Penner is just invisible which what scared me about that trade.

The defense was pretty solid, which is what we need to make it through the next few weeks.

We do need a playmaker or 2 in a bad way. I know i always beat this dead horse, but without a solid playmaker our offense will be anemic.

The kings hung in there against the best team in the NHL without their 2 best forwards... keep positive guys and gals. If they find any offensive rythm, they still will be a tough team to beat.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
LMAO. Funny how you call out KINGS17.

Are you saying you wouldn't enjoy seeing the Canucks fall apart? What the hell is wrong with you?
... I'd much rather see Vancouver win it all than the rest of the teams in the West, particularly Anaheim. The Canucks are a great team. I don't think they need to dive as much as they do, but every team dives, so whatever.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Quattro

Quote:
this may be the most shocking thing I've ever seen posted here. I thought FOR SURE you'd be in here ripping Quick for tonight's game.

Please accept my apologies for prejudging you

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 11:57 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
why would i be kidding? Westgarth was actually somewhat of a beast on the forcheck tonight, I can recall 3 times off the top of my head, where a turnover was caused and the puck kept in the zone due to Westgarth's forecheck. The 4th had the best cycle game to create chances of any line tonight, and yes, as much as you won't want to admit it, Westgarth was a part of the cycle
I saw the same thing. Westgarth's game has improved from the beginning of the year thats for sure. Keep it up

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote