HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #78 @ New York Islanders

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #77 @ New York Islanders
Sean Avery 19 24.36%
Ryan Callahan 2 2.56%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 5.13%
Ruslan Fedotenko 3 3.85%
Chad Johnson 4 5.13%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 5.13%
Ryan McDonagh 3 3.85%
Vaclav Prospal 8 10.26%
Michael Sauer 1 1.28%
Marc Staal 1 1.28%
Other 29 37.18%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-01-2011, 12:31 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Anyone have video of torts press conference, in pissed I missed it, it was sure to be a good one.
Itīs on www.msg.com. Just scroll down a bit on the frontpage, but donīt expect to much, because itīs a bit short Only 42 sec. or something.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:51 AM
NYR99

The Good: We scored the first goal
The Bad: Everything that happened after that
The Redden: I paid $100 to see that in person

This was the first Rangers game that I ever left early.

NYR99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Ola

We faced a team with a coach who obviously has done his job all year, while we are a team with a coach who has focused on playing mind-games all year and seems to think thats enough in the post-lockout game. We look extremely sloppy in all areas compared to the Islanders. In the 1st period, how many 2 on 1's did we give the Islanders? 5? I counted four at least. We are lucky we only lost 6-2. Imagine if they had more fire power? It would have been 10-2.

I was about to say that I NEVER had seen a coach so out-coached like Torts were tonight, but then I remembered our last game against the Devils. Man Torts is slapped around pretty bad time after time after time. How long are this slaughter going to continue? How many seasons shall we give up just before Slats understand that Torts haven't figured it all out?

Torts has a roster full with home grown blue-collar guys, a roster you are supposed to not be able to fail with. You could put Michael Richards behind the bench and they would still show up and work hard all the time. Still this clown can't even get the effort out of them. What on earth is that?

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videoce...d=-6&id=105957

Thats torts press game conf. for anyone that cares.

Was at the game and i left early. Been a ranger fan for pretty much my entire life. Probably have gone to around 500 games (i'm only 21). Never left a game early until today.
Of course he is quite, he couldn't possible blame this on 2-3 of his players...

Old
04-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

unequivocally...by FAR, FAR, FAR and away the worst game this team has played all season. Couldn't have come at a worse time. First time I could honestly say I didn't see too much from Cally or Dubi all season. They looked as disinterested as the rest of the bunch.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
We faced a team with a coach who obviously has done his job all year, while we are a team with a coach who has focused on playing mind-games all year and seems to think thats enough in the post-lockout game. We look extremely sloppy in all areas compared to the Islanders. In the 1st period, how many 2 on 1's did we give the Islanders? 5? I counted four at least. We are lucky we only lost 6-2. Imagine if they had more fire power? It would have been 10-2.

I was about to say that I NEVER had seen a coach so out-coached like Torts were tonight, but then I remembered our last game against the Devils. Man Torts is slapped around pretty bad time after time after time. How long are this slaughter going to continue? How many seasons shall we give up just before Slats understand that Torts haven't figured it all out?

Torts has a roster full with home grown blue-collar guys, a roster you are supposed to not be able to fail with. You could put Michael Richards behind the bench and they would still show up and work hard all the time. Still this clown can't even get the effort out of them. What on earth is that?
what the hell are you talking about? out coached? the team played like absolute crap. you dont get outcoached in blowouts, you get outcoached in close games. the rangers didnt show up to play. period. their PP was awful, their offensive zone play was awful, their defensive zone play was awful, their effort level was beyond pathetic, their puck pursuit was nonexistant. thats not poor coaching, frankly its flat out stupidity to say he got "out coached"

i expect a whole lot more from you Ola. you want to blame him for not getting his team ready for a near playoff like game, i call shenanigans on that too. a coach shouldnt have to wake up his team, especially not one thats showed up almost every night and given 150% effort.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

I really just wanna say the following:

I just watched the highlights of this game on NHL.com

For a variety of legitimate reasons I will explain only if anyone specifically requests them/calls me out, tonight was the first time I saw a game/portions of a game played @ the Islanders with their announcers.

Tonight was also the first time I've closed the highlights video prior to it's completion and it had -nothing- to do with the score or how the Rags were playing. It was literally due to how amazingly awful their announcers & goal horn are. I couldn't stand it. I don't know how anyone does. Is this common knowledge I wasn't aware of? I hope so... I can't be the only one. I didn't even listen to -what- the announcer was saying (one was worse than the other... don't know names) because I was too preoccupied wanting to punch babies/stab my ears. The goal horn, which I had to hear a million times in this reel unfortunately, is... in all honesty, the worst I've heard. I wouldn't go to a game there if someone paid me to.

Jesus.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:19 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
what the hell are you talking about? out coached? the team played like absolute crap. you dont get outcoached in blowouts, you get outcoached in close games. the rangers didnt show up to play. period. their PP was awful, their offensive zone play was awful, their defensive zone play was awful, their effort level was beyond pathetic, their puck pursuit was nonexistant. thats not poor coaching, frankly its flat out stupidity to say he got "out coached"

i expect a whole lot more from you Ola. you want to blame him for not getting his team ready for a near playoff like game, i call shenanigans on that too. a coach shouldnt have to wake up his team, especially not one thats showed up almost every night and given 150% effort.
I was going to reply in a similar fashion to Ola's putrid post but you saved my time.
I guess Torts out coached Laviolette in our last game against philly. I guess Torts out coached the Islanders in our last game against them. I guess Torts out coached the Caps numerous times this season. Give me a break w/ this garbage. Ola, and you talk as if we have a loaded roster...you can't be for real.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:20 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
At least we know that zuccarello is likely to be shipped back to the minor league or at best benched again..

But they all had a very bad day off tonight..
Instead of giving it to the rookies of this team, you should focus on the guys who should be in front in the battle. The point leading guys, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan ++. These guys are supposed to be the leaders, not the rookies.

Zucca and all the other rookies will be inconsistent in a long season, that is no surprise. Rangerīs problem is that guys like Gaborik doesnīt step it up!

I think we all know that even IF Rangers clinch the PO, which I still believe they will, they will struggle hard to get past round 1 against Bruins or Flyers with this team. The next two games they will face one of their likely first round opponents, and we might just get an answer of how a first round could end..... I do not see how they could win either of these two games with their current form, especially mentally.

I predict a PO-deciding last game against New Jersey, going to shootout.....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:20 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I really just wanna say the following:

I just watched the highlights of this game on NHL.com

For a variety of legitimate reasons I will explain only if anyone specifically requests them/calls me out, tonight was the first time I saw a game/portions of a game played @ the Islanders with their announcers.

Tonight was also the first time I've closed the highlights video prior to it's completion and it had -nothing- to do with the score or how the Rags were playing. It was literally due to how amazingly awful their announcers & goal horn are. I couldn't stand it. I don't know how anyone does. Is this common knowledge I wasn't aware of? I hope so... I can't be the only one. I didn't even listen to -what- the announcer was saying (one was worse than the other... don't know names) because I was too preoccupied wanting to punch babies/stab my ears. The goal horn, which I had to hear a million times in this reel unfortunately, is... in all honesty, the worst I've heard. I wouldn't go to a game there if someone paid me to.

Jesus.
Was one of the announcers Howie Rose? He's actually a Ranger fan.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I really don't know. I'm serious when I say I didn't hear a word he said. His voice just grated on me, as did the goal horn. It may just be me, I don't know.

All I know is I'm pretty tolerant generally speaking =P

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:51 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Butch Goring and Jiggs McDonald.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Handlanger

Quote:
So since they have injuries it makes it ok to act like a bunch of goons. I'm not talking this specific game in general but it seems every game thats a blowout with them just turns into a mess. Honestly could care less.
Not here to troll too, but fighting is part of the game - get used to it.
You can sign Trevor Gillies next year.

Handlanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Wow, how is it possible to claim that Torts wasn't outcoached in a game like that?

The Islanders were 10x as composed as we were. They had a structure in their game, set breakout-plays and stayed on the right side of the puck defensively. We were all over the place all the time, making sloppy passes and gambling in the wrong situations.

We play extremely cautios heading up ice, and takes big risks once we get pucks deep into the attacking zone by jumping up with D's et c. The Islanders collapsed around their own net, won the rebounds and got 2 on 1's after 2 on 1's, all night.

AHL caliber players created more then the avg superstar in the NHL creates on most nights.

One coach has worked under horrible conditions all year, but that coach have done his job and managed to build up the framework for a team.

One coach was/is caught with his pants down. This time of the year you fall back on what you have practised all year. You keep things simple, and if everyone is on the same page hopefully you are a hard team to beat. If we work twice as hard as the other team, we have chance. When we don't, any AHL team -- it seems -- would skate eights around us.

Old
04-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Ola

Quote:
I was going to reply in a similar fashion to Ola's putrid post but you saved my time.
I guess Torts out coached Laviolette in our last game against philly. I guess Torts out coached the Islanders in our last game against them. I guess Torts out coached the Caps numerous times this season. Give me a break w/ this garbage. Ola, and you talk as if we have a loaded roster...you can't be for real.
You can not be serious?

If we do not outwork the other team, we suck tremendously. The coach isn't the one on the ice putting his body on the line, thats the player.

But are -- seriously -- telling me that it is the coach's job to work hard on the ice and the players job to draw up the game plan? Because (i) we work hard but (ii) our gameplan sucks.

I understand that its easy to buy the talk from a coach like Tortorella who always blame everything one everyone else -- he is a master from it. But I do not get the (i) and (ii) above to add up.

Old
04-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 200
Quote:
Islanders team is a bunch of goons. I actually liked the way their team was coming along but i'd have to say i'd be pretty embarrassed if everytime a game got out of hand it turned into fight night. Not saying the rangers didn't do their part but its a little ridiculous.
right, so goons. uhh, all i see is trevor gillies.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:19 AM
rody

The coach is just a accountable for the team as the players.It IS his job to motivate the team , prepare them. The coach is the one that puts the lines together , says who is on the ice against which lines etc.Puts out the same players on the pp even when they haven't scored , maybe they have stopped responding to his methods.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Dead

Almost seems like the rangers did not want to win this game, until it was way to late. Four more to go to secure a PO spot, might be coming down to the last game of the season again. If nothing else it will keep you guys (and gals) on the edge of your seat till it is done either way.

Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Sticky Fingers

POTG by vote: Other. True that!

I would not like to be in the locker room with Torts after that game...

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
I went to bed hoping I imagined last night's game in a melatonin-induced dream state, but alas... it was as abysmal as I feared. I voted Avery for POTG only because he seemed to be the only one exerting signs of a heartbeat. Really disappointed with both Dubi and Cally -- not quite at the point of jumping off a ledge, though. The team just straight up looked tired, hence got outworked.

This upcoming game is going to be a huge indicator of where we'll stand in the playoffs if we make it there at all.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:49 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
You can not be serious?

If we do not outwork the other team, we suck tremendously. The coach isn't the one on the ice putting his body on the line, thats the player.

But are -- seriously -- telling me that it is the coach's job to work hard on the ice and the players job to draw up the game plan? Because (i) we work hard but (ii) our gameplan sucks.

I understand that its easy to buy the talk from a coach like Tortorella who always blame everything one everyone else -- he is a master from it. But I do not get the (i) and (ii) above to add up.
We didn't work hard at all, yesterday.

It was like a team full of zombies, and missing the net was their sustenance.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:53 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Blaming this team's performance on the coach = EPIC FAIL.

This is a mish-mosh lineup of guys that basically have no business being in the playoff picture at all while our young guys develop. Want to blame someone? Blame Sather.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Shadowtron

Utterly, utterly disgraceful. I abstained from providing content yesterday after the game because nothing good would have come from it. The unwritten motto on this board should be: "We eat our own." Didn't want my anger turning into cat fights resulting in mod intervention. But man, while the anger has dissipated...the severe, SEVERE disappointment is still there. It always seems, to me anyway, that despite the roster, this franchise cannot lay off shooting itself in the foot. I mean what's next an elimination game against the Devils? A game in which they'll lose so they can enter the offseason with Devils fans holding that gem over our heads.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 07:40 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

marian gaborik = 1 assist in the last 5 games.

the invisible man has arrived again.

this guy is becoming a huge fail

huge

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 07:53 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
The Good: This Game is over

The not his fault: Lundqvist

The Bad: The entire team

The Redden: Torts, the PP, the lack of heart, The nonsense at the end of the game, some posters on this board, and the fact we don't deserve to be in the playoffs if we can't win big games like tonight.

The Kamensky: That nothing will change, I doubt this team snaps out of this funk now and Torts and Sather will be back next season like nothing ever happened.
LOL you WERE that poster hahaha. Look i could care less...except maybe to laugh...but you literally challenged someone to a street fight and now you're complaining that other people on the boards were the problem when it was clearly you right in the middle of it. It';s not even about negative vs positive.

Everyone is pissed off, this is a horrific loss, it absolutely sucks. It's a case of trolling and overreaction and in some cases damn near being a fair weather fan vs those of us who actually care about hockey and love our team more than we do the stanley cup. There's no point of someone showing up, when all of us are saying "This sucks what a garbage performance" for some jerk to show up going "Oh where's all the positive people? Hur hur hur!" It's just moronic, it was trolling and of COURSE it wasn't removed and it triggered a huge brawl that you showed up in the middle of and literally tried to turn into a irl street fight.

Everyone SHOULD be pissed at this team but people have a right to believe in the team and hope it does well without getting harassed after every loss.

And you know what the opposite holds true there are plenty of times people will remember an overreaction like "Hank sucks" and when he goes on a tear like recently those people will similarly say "Where's the Hank Sucks now?" In both cases it's crappy though I'd have to say the "Hank sucks" type of posts are really stupid and it's a lot easier for me to side with the people who question that type of post than it is for me to side with people who troll during a horrible loss like this. It's a LOT easier to start crap when people are already pissed b/c of a horrible loss. And the prevalence of negative trolls is greater than positive trolls simply b/.c when stuff is going good people could care less about the moody members of this board.

That was one of the funniest GTD's ever though. I think the Pitt one was pretty good too. Anaheim. I personally think the best are when the team is horrific and still ekes out a win b/c it's complete bipolarness.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote