HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello status (4/18: Sent back down)

Old
04-01-2011, 11:12 AM
nyrleetch

vCash: 500
Still adjusting to this league. I'm fine with the move. I still think he will be a lot better just needs to improve on a couple of things.

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I'd believe that, except, they were much quicker to scratch Zuccarello (ie. 0 minutes) as EC continues to play every night when he doesn't deserve to at all.
May have been an attempt to get him going or to give him some time to watch more tape on how he "was" playing.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Cue the never-ending complaining and nitpicking of why zucca is better than EC,Wolski,Drury,Avery by his norweigen followers.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:19 AM
RidinwitdaKING

He seemed out of position and standing still on the isles 3rd Goal. If he can't be productive on the Power play than he should be sent down.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:20 AM
John Torturella

His game has really fallen off lately. You really cant blame him for the 5 on 3 last night. He shouldn't be in that situation. Id rather Staal run the 5 on 3. But Gaborik and McCabe were in the box at that point.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:24 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Wow. All I can say. Can't believe EC is getting the pass over him.
EC is a better passer/shooter

but what do I know.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Disappointed because he looked really good before but he has dropped off. So has Wolski.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Mza looked both stressed and out of play yesterday...

Only thing that could've saved his spot for the time being is if he'd produce some points..

Question is; Is he done roster wise for the Rangers for the year and will spend the rest of the season in AHL due to the playoff coming or is he back sunday ?

What do you guys think of his rookie season as a Ranger ? I think he did just about what you could've expected from the guy...

I see that his stats are;

6 goals and 16 assists in 41 games..

Not jawdropping, but more than ok....

Thoughts ?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:32 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

The bottom line here is that this entire team, for whatever reason, always seem like they don't have any room whenever they have possession of the puck. PP or even strength.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Still adjusting to this league. I'm fine with the move. I still think he will be a lot better just needs to improve on a couple of things.
sounds so simple. perhaps having a leg transplant, so hes atleast 5'10, would be a start. or maybe a torso-ectomy. anything to add some length.

as i said from the beginning with this guy, hes got nice hands and hes smart, but other than that, hes not an nhl player.

hes not fleet, hes tiny and he doesnt have a rocket shot. he needs to play top 6 minutes and pp to be effective.

his ice time will be minimal as long as torts the clown is still the boss of this circus.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

21 points in 41 is great. Its just that he's not producing when we need him to do so the most. Hopefully next year he can get a spot.

Old
04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Sending him down is a good move. He has played badly lately and seems to play with less energy than he did the first couple of months.

Giving him a few games with the Whale including playoff experience will help his development and maybe he can prove to be a good player for this team coming next season. I fully support the move, and I am indeed a Norwegian who has been critical of EC.

SixGoalieSystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
21 points in 41 is great. Its just that he's not producing when we need him to do so the most. Hopefully next year he can get a spot.
Well, for a one dimensional player who has got the PP time he has, it could be a lot better.

He is the PA Parenteau of this year's team. That isn't to day he couldn't be a lot better next year, but it is the level he is at now.

Fill-in top 6 when injuries strike, but not when the team is at full strength.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:37 AM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Probably the best for his development. Give him the idea that he is going to need to earn his spot in camp next year. Same with Del Zotto. Those two are going to need to work very hard in the Summer.

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Any ideas as to who will be called up in his place?

Williams, Weise or Kolarik?
I imagine no one unless someone goes down. If they have to likely Newbury or maybe even Zuccarello again. He needs to develop. Next yr will be interesting for him cause he can't be see as a lock again but still likely makes it full time.

this is our 12 for the last 4 games. Getter done

Prospal, Stepan ,Gaborik
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan
Avery, Christensen, Wolskii
Fedortenko, Boyle, Prust

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:57 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

He needs to improve his strength and skating.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
After a slow series of first games on The NYR - Zucc played very well for some time together with Step & W2 imo. Their play has unfortunately (together with icetime due to Torts obsession with Christ breaking up the trio at times too) tailed off a bit lately after that and I think it might be due to the level of play and amount of games that has been showing a wear & tear effect - for mostly Zucc and in some way Stepan (who has looked better lately on top line). Wolski is more of an enigma. Hot at times. Cold other times. He needs to heat up now. As does Gaborik. Hank has done his part - do not hear much from The Lundquist "hate-clan" anymore at least...
I still honestly believe Zucc can be an efficient contributor in the NHL and on the NYR with his brilliant hockey sense. He definitely as many posters have cited needs to get a bit stronger & faster. Something he can work on during the summer (ie Boyle). And be more consistent (confidence issues - not sure Torts is the right coach here - but then again I could be entirely wrong here).
So imo Zucc, Grachev (on the off wing) & Thomas will all compete for the 3rd/4th line right wing position next year outta camp. Probably with a dark horse like Fedotenko was this year (not meaning Fedotenko literally on right wing) that Sather will bring in. Or maybe Sather bringing in a Russian KHLer like Ola mentioned. We need more hockey sense on the squad - we have a bunch of very good hardworking high ethic grinders that can pot some in Dubinsky, Callahan, Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko and Avery (gone?) with the likes of Weiss and Newbury (+ The Boogeyman) in the wings. We need more consistent talent to fill in with the likes of Gaborik, Stepan, AA and in a sense Prospal (gone?). Kreider could be one guy here. Richards too. I also see Hagelin & Werek more as future 3rd/4th line high character, hardworking grinding guys than supreme offensive hockey talent. Definitely big contributors on a club - but not consistent gamebreakers. Definitely good plugs - but we need more creativeness togeether with the work ethic. It is the right mix that creates the right combo for a winning team.
Can Zucc be part of this? Quite possibly - with some adjustments. Will he - time will tell... And I am not Norwegian btw - but my great Grandfather apparently was Norwegian and seduced my Great Grandmother while she was married (to a Swede!) and that was the beginning of my crazy history. Kinda funny, the Norwegians are all choking on KoolAid today I believe...
I also expect to see Zucc back in NYC this season IF we make the POs which is a big IF at the moment. I said at the beginning of the season (jokingly) and the beginning of the year (dead serious) that I believe we will bring it all on the line in the last game of the season (Marty MacFly - where are you with your sought after sports result book?) against the Devils and that is what it looks like will happen. Probably go to a shootout as well... Drama queens...

Last edited by BBKers: 04-01-2011 at 12:17 PM.
BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
OverTheCap

After last night, I think it's clear that he's not cut out for playoff-type hockey right now. He gets knocked off the puck way too easily, and he's overthinking things too much which results in mistakes.

I've been getting on Wolski a lot, but he's more experienced than Zuke. And although Wolski wasn't making his presence known consistently enough, I don't think he was making as many mistakes as Zuccarello has as of late.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:12 PM
babyshamble

This is probably the right move. He has not looked good lately and he could also benefit from playing 20 minutes per game in Hartford. I hope he gets his confidence back and has a good playoff experience for the Whale. Something to build on coming in to camp next season.

That being said I think that Mats is going to be a part of the future for the Rangers. I do not think that Wolski is a part of that future. A young guy with a preety big contract that has been traded 2 times already in his carreer and he already seems like he is in the doghouse after 3 months in NY.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, but the kid had an excellent stretch when he was initially called up. To me, he demonstrated that despite his size, he can play in the NHL and be productive. As it goes with many mid-season call-ups, he lost some confidence and his game hit the skids. Combine that with Tortorella's inexplicable love-affair with Erik Christensen, and it just makes more sense for him to head back to Hartford.

Not surprised to see the naysayers coming out of the woodwork with their "I told you so's." That's just asinine at this point.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It was bound to happen sooner or later, but the kid had an excellent stretch when he was initially called up. To me, he demonstrated that despite his size, he can play in the NHL and be productive. As it goes with many mid-season call-ups, he lost some confidence and his game hit the skids. Combine that with Tortorella's inexplicable love-affair with Erik Christensen, and it just makes more sense for him to head back to Hartford.

Not surprised to see the naysayers coming out of the woodwork with their "I told you so's." That's just asinine at this point.
Agree with all of this. He showed he can play at a productive level, but clearly looked like a rookie and combined with the dimishing ice time and his ineffectiveness on the PP, it was bound to happen.

Excited to see him in a Rangers jersey next year!

PawelW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
rangersfan111

I would have kept him in the line up. Get rid of Christensen or Fedetenko... I hate both of them

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Exactly. Let him come back next year and let him play a full 82 game season where he can be given the ample ice-time at the beginning of the year to get into a groove.

It can be interesting, too, depending on who else makes the team. I'd like to see him on a line with Kreider and Step but who knows if Chris is gonna make the team.

Old
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

I'm glad he was sent down. He hasn't been playing his best, so getting some time in the AHL is a lot better than being in Tort's doghouse. Also, he may even get some time in the Calder Cup, which can be big for his development.

I personally think he has a future with this team. He's just too raw right now.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
owedoyle

Nothing wrong with this move.
I agree with all the posters above, he'll get more minutes in Hartford, and with the team getting as stressed as it's obviously become in the lockerroom, I think he'll fair better with longer minutes, rather than trying to force something in the 5-8 he'll get up with NYR.

That being said, I'm also not opposed to EC getting more minutes.

If I remember last year, he put a solid stretch in the last 5-10 games. Mind you, we haven't really seen that sort of thing this year, but who knows. Maybe they're all dancing on coals after last night and buffalo...

Also, feel free to throw water on this thought, but I'd welcome Drury back into the mix if he got better for the last week. I think it's pretty obvious, he's done after this year(I'd say 85% he's retiring) and knowing him, he'll put everything he can into a solid run.

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote