HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Practice line-up today (UPDATE: New lines March 27, post #88)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
  #101
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
Gomez ass needs to be in the AHL...there's not way he should be out first line centre his play has been horrendous...He's only getting minutes cuz he's making 7 plus a year...sit his ass or send him down...gotta send him a msg!
A couple of years ago, Kovalev was sent home for a bit and came back fairly strong. I wonder if Gomez was given an entire week off, away from the team and Montreal, would he come back with a bit more jump and confidence. The Habs can't have him playing the way he's been playing entering the playoffs. He's bad and he wears on his linemates. Plek is not much better right now but he should snap out of it any day. Cammy is no better either and a break might do him some good too.

I'd rather see :

Plek - Cammy - Gio
Eller - AK - Moen
DD - Pouliot - White
Halpern - Darche - Pyatt

for now. When Gomez and MaxPac are back

Plek - Cammy - White
Eller - AK - Moen
Gomez - MaxPac - Gio
DD - Pouliot - Halpern

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
  #102
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 167
The Eller - Ak duo WAS working and hasn't been for 3 games now. I think the time for a change has come. However, Gomez still on the top lines is baffling to me in all honesty.

Ollie Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
  #103
AraGOHABSGO
Registered User
 
AraGOHABSGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
The Eller - Ak duo WAS working and hasn't been for 3 games now. I think the time for a change has come. However, Gomez still on the top lines is baffling to me in all honesty.

How long did Gomez - A.K work? Right never...

How long does the duo, Gio - Gomez has not been working... Almost whole season...

Its funny how you say the duo Eller - A.K has not been working last 3 games, when they WERE THE BEST DUO for the last 3 games...

Even if they didnt score or get point, they were still the duo that were dangerous..

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
  #104
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Yeah and what about Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 08:51 PM
  #105
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Yeah and what about Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn?
The thing is if you bring back AK with Plek and Cammy, Eller will be playing with the likes of Darche and Halpern because Pouliot is staying with DD and Gio is staying with Gomez.

I don't think it would be a good idea to put Eller with two grinders like this since he's been our center that creates the most offense lately.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:01 PM
  #106
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
The thing is if you bring back AK with Plek and Cammy, Eller will be playing with the likes of Darche and Halpern because Pouliot is staying with DD and Gio is staying with Gomez.

I don't think it would be a good idea to put Eller with two grinders like this since he's been our center that creates the most offense lately.
Scoring line #1a
Eller-Moen-Kostitsyn

Scoring line #1b
Plekanec-Darche-Cammalleri

Reliable defensive line, can score on counter-attack with SPEED
Gomez-Gionta-Pyatt

4th line able to get some points, pick spots using it
Desharnais-White-Pouliot

Extra: Halpern, he is playing hurt and not effective

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 09:10 PM
  #107
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Scoring line #1a
Eller-Moen-Kostitsyn

Scoring line #1b
Plekanec-Darche-Cammalleri

Reliable defensive line, can score on counter-attack with SPEED
Gomez-Gionta-Pyatt

4th line able to get some points, pick spots using it
Desharnais-White-Pouliot

Extra: Halpern, he is playing hurt and not effective
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn 1a? REALLY?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:10 PM
  #108
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
How long did Gomez - A.K work? Right never...
When Gomez doesn't work, anyone with him won't also. You can replace "A.K" in that sentence with anyone you want and the statement will remain true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
How long does the duo, Gio - Gomez has not been working... Almost whole season...
See above answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
Its funny how you say the duo Eller - A.K has not been working last 3 games, when they WERE THE BEST DUO for the last 3 games...
When the other duos are playing in such a way that replacing them with pylons would hardly look any different, the only two players skating on the team would in fact look like the best duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
Even if they didnt score or get point, they were still the duo that were dangerous..
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one since you seem to define "dangerous" as scoring 0 points in 3 games. I see dangerous as being able to produce on the ice which this duo (just like the others) have not done. Which again brings me back to my point: something has to change with everyone.

Ollie Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 11:15 PM
  #109
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
That is my point though when it comes to burying a player in the minors. I don't think it is going to affect whether or not people sign here. People make the argument that if we bury Gomez UFA's will not want to sign here. I would rather play for a team that rewards success. Players that come here or anywhere ought to understand that production is what you get paid for. This is the real world. That is how it works for everyone else.
The NHL is not part of the ''real world''!! (it's an escape/form of great entertainment and part of our way of living for us hockey fans...watching hockey and drinking beer during winter,etc...makes winters more enjoyable).

Most NHLers wouldn't survive a year or two with ''real'' jobs.
They'd get fed up so quickly since they're spoiled by the millions they make.

No one deserves millions for playing sports, but people pay lots of $$$ to watch live hockey, so NHLers will continue becoming richer and richer. The salaries have got out of hand for decades now, but that's the way it is today...millionaire athletes are the modern day gladiators.

Real world:
Good, hard working doctors/nurses working 40-50-60 hour weeks. Good/dedicated/hard working teachers, garbage men/women. Good/dedicated/hard working policemen/police-women...the good ones.
Real world...working two jobs to pay for rent, mortgage, bills, wife and children.
Etc ,etc...
None of the above make millions (not a spectator sport/job)...but athletes get paid millions because people love to be entertained and pay lots of money for it, it's as simple as that. And players get rewarded for that.


Reality in NHL:
players have more power with their star status, especially veterans.

Souray and Edmonton:
I love that Souray is riding the bus to obtain his 6mil/year paycheck, but that's easy for me to say...Edmonton is not an NHL team that UFA's are lining up to play for...I hope I'm wrong 'cause I like the Oilers.





p.s.:
I think I'm just getting ready for the NHL lockout!! I'm gonna be so pissed at most NHLers...for their ignorance and greed. Fans are the reason NHLers make so much money and are ignored during every lockout. My dream...fans stop going to games and NHLers have to get real jobs!! (not gonna happen, also...I love hockey too much!!).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 05:29 AM
  #110
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,080
vCash: 500
Does anyone know why Weber doesn't play??

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
  #111
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Does anyone know why Weber doesn't play??

He made a couple of mistakes. Looks like he is being O'Byrned.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
  #112
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,457
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Yeah and what about Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
The thing is if you bring back AK with Plek and Cammy, Eller will be playing with the likes of Darche and Halpern because Pouliot is staying with DD and Gio is staying with Gomez.

I don't think it would be a good idea to put Eller with two grinders like this since he's been our center that creates the most offense lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Scoring line #1a
Eller-Moen-Kostitsyn

Scoring line #1b
Plekanec-Darche-Cammalleri
I think Guilliam is right, we need to go with a real scoring line. Having Moen on a line with Eller and Kostitsyn isn't a real scoring line. Having Darche with Pleks and Cammy isn't a true scoring line either.

Yea it sucks that Eller will have to play with Grinders but he's already playing with a grinder in any scenario. We can't score, its time to power up and try to get a boost on one line at least.

Then other teams will focus on the Pleks, Cammy, AK line and the other lines will face weaker defensive opponents as well and hopefully can get a break that way.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:47 AM
  #113
ScopeHockey
Registered User
 
ScopeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Scoring line #1a
Eller-Moen-Kostitsyn

Scoring line #1b
Plekanec-Darche-Cammalleri

Reliable defensive line, can score on counter-attack with SPEED
Gomez-Gionta-Pyatt

4th line able to get some points, pick spots using it
Desharnais-White-Pouliot

Extra: Halpern, he is playing hurt and not effective
I cannot agree with having our worst offensive forward on the same line as our best goal scorer.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 10:52 AM
  #114
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
The NHL is not part of the ''real world''!! (it's an escape/form of great entertainment and part of our way of living for us hockey fans...watching hockey and drinking beer during winter,etc...makes winters more enjoyable).
I'm sorry, but you're acting really naive.

This is exactly how the ''real'' world works. You were simply fooled into thinking effort = paycheck while in fact it really is not. NHL players are just an outstanding example of this but you can pick a million examples.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Most NHLers wouldn't survive a year or two with ''real'' jobs.
They'd get fed up so quickly since they're spoiled by the millions they make.
And you and me would get killed trying to do what they do. In fact we wouldn't be able to so its a moot point. Same reason why the world's best lawyer isn't flipping burgers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
No one deserves millions for playing sports, but people pay lots of $$$ to watch live hockey, so NHLers will continue becoming richer and richer. The salaries have got out of hand for decades now, but that's the way it is today...millionaire athletes are the modern day gladiators.
Exactly. Whats the wrong with that? The entertainment business is a business (duh...). Its the same with all popular professional sports, the film industry, the music industry ect. The very most successful make millions because mass communications today allow everyone to enjoy them. Why should people watch their town's beer leaguers when they can tune in the TV and see the best players in the world? Why listen to a mediocre local musician when you can buy a cd from any of the world's best artists from any playing style you like? Which movie are most people going to watch? Probably the mega budget hit with the best actors.

And this is why these people make millions, because they are the best of the best. A very small elite within a huge pool of people. There are officially 1,5m hockey players in the world. And probably many hundreds of thousands more that play very casually. Only 873 guys played at least a game in the NHL this year. Only 403 played more than 60 games. There are probably hundreds and hundrds of millions of people that play the guitar and sing. How many become rich doing so?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Real world:
Good, hard working doctors/nurses working 40-50-60 hour weeks. Good/dedicated/hard working teachers, garbage men/women. Good/dedicated/hard working policemen/police-women...the good ones.
Real world...working two jobs to pay for rent, mortgage, bills, wife and children.
Etc ,etc...
None of the above make millions (not a spectator sport/job)...but athletes get paid millions because people love to be entertained and pay lots of money for it, it's as simple as that. And players get rewarded for that.
Why shouldn't they be?

Its simple economics, depending on the NHL team's situation (is it in a state of monopoly in its market, whats the size of the fanbase ect.) they will offer ticket prices as high as people are willing to pay in order to amass the greatest possible profit. Only non-profit organisations don't do that.

The result is the team makes millions. Now who do those millions go to?

A. The team's owner(s)
B. The players and the team's owner(s)

Option A was when NHLers were making mediocre salaries and could barely make a living with the sport. Option B is the current situation. Isn't it obvious B is the fairest? I mean these players bring money, they need their share of profit. Without them the league doesn't exist.

Oh by the way. There are millions of nurses and millions of policemen. Millions more could do their jobs. Its sad to look at it this way because they ARE brave and great people that work very hard but this is not what money rewards. Money rewards rarity. The saving grave for this system's morality is that usually rare skills are hard to acquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
p.s.:
I think I'm just getting ready for the NHL lockout!! I'm gonna be so pissed at most NHLers...for their ignorance and greed. Fans are the reason NHLers make so much money and are ignored during every lockout. My dream...fans stop going to games and NHLers have to get real jobs!! (not gonna happen, also...I love hockey too much!!).
The irony is that you think NHLer's are ignorant.

They are far more aware of anything than they were decades ago. They know they have value. Fans won't stop going to games, because we love hockey far too much. If it weren't the case they WOULD do something.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:00 AM
  #115
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,978
vCash: 500
Now remember, Martin. When a player is flying on the ice and is head and shoulders above the rest of your team in that game, you don't play them on the pp. Instead you continue to play Scott "I haven't scored in like 23 games" Gomez.

Yeah, you're not a terrible coach, or anything.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:20 AM
  #116
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
While I really don't think that the lines are the problem at this point (and hopefully the other issues will work themselves out before season's end...), I'd go with some combinations that have worked this year.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Desharnais - Gomez
White - Halpern - Darche

The Plekanec and Eller lines have proven they can be effective. Gomez is a liability at this point. I'd try him on wing with our best face-off man and hardworking Desharnais. With 2 great set-up men, maybe Pouliot can get going as well. Then Halpern and Darche have shown chemistry together; add White for a 2-way fourth line.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
  #117
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Does anyone know why Weber doesn't play??
Cause of all the players ahead of him + the Habs trades to acquire Defensive help Mara and Sopel/ Don't get me wrong I really like Weber but he is going to have to wait until next season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
  #118
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Scoring line #1a
Eller-Moen-Kostitsyn

Scoring line #1b
Plekanec-Darche-Cammalleri

Reliable defensive line, can score on counter-attack with SPEED
Gomez-Gionta-Pyatt

4th line able to get some points, pick spots using it
Desharnais-White-Pouliot

Extra: Halpern, he is playing hurt and not effective
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I think Guilliam is right, we need to go with a real scoring line. Having Moen on a line with Eller and Kostitsyn isn't a real scoring line. Having Darche with Pleks and Cammy isn't a true scoring line either.

Yea it sucks that Eller will have to play with Grinders but he's already playing with a grinder in any scenario. We can't score, its time to power up and try to get a boost on one line at least.

Then other teams will focus on the Pleks, Cammy, AK line and the other lines will face weaker defensive opponents as well and hopefully can get a break that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
I cannot agree with having our worst offensive forward on the same line as our best goal scorer.
OK, taking into account the feedback:

Scoring line #1
Plekanec-Gionta-Cammalleri

Scoring line #2
Eller-Darche-Kostitsyn

Reliable defensive line, can score on counter-attack with SPEED
Gomez-Moen-Pyatt

4th line able to get some points, pick spots using it
Desharnais-White-Pouliot

Extra: Halpern, he is playing hurt and not effective

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:07 AM
  #119
ManixLiquid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Lines combo at practice today (RDS):

Darche-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Eller-White
Moen-Desharnais-Pouliot

Gill-Subban
Hamrlik-Wisniewski
Mara-Sopel
Weber-Spacek

ManixLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:11 AM
  #120
Bonin
Registered User
 
Bonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SCB
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
I like those lines

Bonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:16 AM
  #121
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,821
vCash: 50
Awards:
Kostitsyn back with Plekanec and Cammalleri? About time.

I like those lines too. I hope the Mara/Sopel duo has a much better game than they did against Carolina.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
  #122
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Kostitsyn back with Plekanec and Cammalleri? About time.

I like those lines too. I hope the Mara/Sopel duo has a much better game than they did against Carolina.
I hope Mara takes a night off and we play Weber a little more, he moves the puck much better than both those guys

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
  #123
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Kostitsyn back with Plekanec and Cammalleri? About time.

I like those lines too. I hope the Mara/Sopel duo has a much better game than they did against Carolina.
Took nearly an entire season for JM to finally come to the conclusion that those three might make a good line.

That line was scoring goals at the beginning of the season and should have NEVER been broken up in the endless pursuit of Gomez babysitting.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:49 PM
  #124
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Took nearly an entire season for JM to finally come to the conclusion that those three might make a good line.

That line was scoring goals at the beginning of the season and should have NEVER been broken up in the endless pursuit of Gomez babysitting.
They may not be back together now though as Halpern had a therapy day today. AK may have just been filling in for him. We'll find out Saturday I guess.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
  #125
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManixLiquid View Post
Lines combo at practice today (RDS):

Darche-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Eller-White
Moen-Desharnais-Pouliot

Gill-Subban
Hamrlik-Wisniewski
Mara-Sopel
Weber-Spacek
Not sure I like playing Eller without any offensive linemates. put White on the left wing, then switch gionta and pyatt.

White - Eller - Gionta
darche - gomez - pyatt

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.