HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers chirping Flames?

Old
03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Ummm ok, because that's what I said.

If you look at the replay, and consider what Getzlaf is doing, I think the great majority of people, if they have to stake their lives on this, would say it is a goal. Otherwise it should have been a penalty shot.

I'm not alone on this one big guy, you are.
Hey I'm not disputing that there shouldn't have been a penalty shot. I'm just saying they made the right call on saying it wasn't a goal because there was no conclusive evidence that the puck crossed the goal line.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Hey I'm not disputing that there shouldn't have been a penalty shot. I'm just saying they made the right call on saying it wasn't a goal because there was no conclusive evidence that the puck crossed the goal line.
Alright, we agree then. It's tough to "prove" it was a goal, especially because of the camera angle not being exactly over the crossbar.

My gut still tells me that was a goal...either way, we've had terrible calls against us all season, not the least of which is the terrible call on Hartikainen that allowed calgary back in the game. These things tend to even out over a season.

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
I don't have a problem with chirping, heaven knows that I've done it in sports.

But to chirp when you're the last place team? The worst PP in the league? The worst PK? The worst faceoff team? It's obtuse.

What are you going to say?

Oiler player: Yah, yah you're going to miss the playoffs...

Calgary player: but... you were already out of the playoffs since December... and we're still competing.

Oiler player: Oh yah? Well, you guys can't score, we're beating you 4-1.

Calgary player: but... you guys are the lowest scoring teams in the entire NHL - you guys couldn't score for most of the season.

Oiler player: Oh yah? well, you guys are losing to the last place team in the league.

Calgary player: that is embaressing, but it's better than being the worst team in the league.

Chirping is fine - but what do the Oilers have to crow about?
Yup. Two separate issues. This taunting about knocking them out of the playoffs before the game's decided is premature ejaculation. lol. Finish them off and then open your mouth. The Dynasty team learned that the hard way with the L.A. Kings playoff debacle. This is not a Dynasty team.

Second point. Absolutely there is a game within the game between players. It's a collision sport and bound to be bad blook and naughty words exchanged. Some players are better and smarter at it than others. Pick the right battle.

Now for Flamer fans and players, they can enjoy this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0waNRaz6wU

Behind Enemy Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Booya42
Have a McDavid day!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I would bet that they were probably making some cracks that Calgary was pathetic to let the worst team in the league end their playoff hopes.

You have to admit, it would take a special kind of sad to have that happen...

I'm talking Keanu Reeves sad, especially with all the rookies we have playing.

edit - fixed the past tense...

Sad Keanu is Sad....

Last edited by Booya42: 03-31-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
You have to admit, it would take a special kind of sad to have that happen...

I'm talking Keanu Reeves sad, especially with all the rookies we had playing.
Not really, its a realization of their position and trying to make lemonade out of lemons. Too bad the lemons were sour and it backfired on them.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
I have a feeling the Shames lied to the media to make the Oilers look bad. Knowing that Sportsnet has an Oilers hatred, the Shames were able to like about the incident since the knew that Sportsnet would thrash the Oilers.

03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I have a feeling the Shames lied to the media to make the Oilers look bad. Knowing that Sportsnet has an Oilers hatred, the Shames were able to like about the incident since the knew that Sportsnet would thrash the Oilers.
Quote:
Seems Sportsnet always has to be negative towards the Oilers no matter what.
Quote:
Typical Sportsnet and their Oilers hatred. Sportsnet just likes to crap on the Oilers. Why does crap like this always come up with games against the Shames. I'd rather TSN televise the game over these clowns at Sporstnet.
Quote:
The Shames should keep their mouths shut as well. This is the Shames trying to have Sportsnet thrash the Oilers. I wonder if the Shames want some cheese with that whine. This is the second time there has been an incident after a game with the Shames. The Shames won the game on Saturday for free by paying the officials to not call a penalty until 4:17 of OT and then Big Ears had the galls to whine to the refs about it.

The Shames should stop whining to the media. Sportsnet should also stop their Oilers hatred.
Quote:
Do we actually know what was actually said. I really believe the Shames made up what was said. Sportsnet has a habbit of an Oilers hatred.
Haha, maybe if you can clarify how you feel about the Flames Narnia. You are being kinda vague.

Eytinge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Haha, maybe if you can clarify how you feel about the Flames Narnia. You are being kinda vague.
I don't think anyone can ever doubt Narnia's loyalty to the Oil.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote