HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello status (4/18: Sent back down)

Old
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
94now

vCash: 500
I think they would like to send down the entire team, but settle for somone who wouldn't need to go through wavers if back.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Him being sent down is fine by me. It has been clear by his last games that he has been out of it. He has been slow, inaccurate and not focused. Last nights game topped it.

Last night he actually reminded me of how MDZ looked before he was sent down earlier in the season. Same "deer in headlights"-look when he had the puck and seemed like all he wanted was to get rid of it as soon as he could.
I am not sure of why he plays like he does, but i hope and believe he will bounce back.
PO's with WC, and the summer will hopefully do him good, and if he works hard he will be back come next season stronger and faster.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
I would have kept him in the line up. Get rid of Christensen or Fedetenko... I hate both of them
I really don't understand the Fedotenko hate. He's a great fit and has generally been one of our most consistent players this season.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
I really don't understand the Fedotenko hate. He's a great fit and has generally been one of our most consistent players this season.
Feds has been one of our best players this year.

I said it.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Good move. He didn't look too sharp last night and hasn't in general lately. He can find his game again in Hartford and help the Whale out in the process.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blupride99

kid's fine

MZA is gonna be fine. It's far better he get sent down and get the ice time for development's sake. It's not doing him any good to hang out on the Rangers bench every night.

Zuc has a good head on his shoulders, and I'm sure he sees this as an opportunity to regroup and re-focus. He's got the potential.. but everyone has to remember he's young, small (duh), and he's had to deal with A LOT of changes compared to how he used to play the game in one year. It's a lot to swallow and I think he did an amazing job.

He's gonna be great, but he needs a bit more time.

blupride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Feds has been one of our best players this year.

I said it.
He is an alright defensive forward for the club.

I'm really meh on whether he returns. I don't think replacing him would cripple us in any way.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Ola

I don't mind MZA being sent down, he has stalled some lately and playing with another rookie in Stepan for a long stretch was started to become tough for both of them (none of them deserves any blame, but natrually it would be been better if both could have had more experience next to them...).

I think Zucc really needs to take it up a notch and then get a chance on a line where he can be give more of a offensive role then with the WW and Step-duo. On that line he was often forced to take the most defensive responsibility.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Can totally understand this move it will be for the best if he is in fact the future of this team...........What I can't seem to understand however is how players like Fedetenko and Avery get pulled into the discussion, both have played well.

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Good move. He didn't look too sharp last night and hasn't in general lately. He can find his game again in Hartford and help the Whale out in the process.
Agreed, and in a situation like this -- I think its a smart move for Torts to be straight with his players. MZA sat for two games, got a new chance -- and did not take it, so he gets sent down. It can't hurt with straight call's like that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Placid

Its more than possible that he is getting tired. He has played many more games in a short span of time than he ever has before, and at a higher level than before.

With some good training over the summer, combined with the experience he has gotten from this season, he should be much better prepared for next season, at least i hope so.

Oh, and part of the suicide squad reporting in (as referred to earlier in the thread)

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Zucca

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Someone put Zuccarello's Norwegian contingent of board posters on suicide watch.

I'm meh on the move.
No need, this is the right thing to do.

Zucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I don't think replacing him would cripple us in any way.
Same could be said about any vet.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:09 PM
mcsauer2738

Wow, kind of shocking but also not at the same time. He's really looked terrible lately and he hasn't shown much on the ice. I guess torts is really digging the play of avery lately, rightfully so.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:11 PM
mcsauer2738

@fitzydukeofny agreed with your point, I think after the season, zucc feds drury become expendable. With the talent we have coming up in the system I think we'll be fine without all of them. Prospal is interesting to me though because ever since he's come back it's been obviously that Gaborik has benefitted playing on a line with him. Maybe another 1 year deal for Prospal?

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well Zucc is the kind of guy that I would hope could fill the role of a guy like Prospal, if he can get the handle on passing.

Vinny is the only exceptional passer on the team right now, which is certainly a problem since he wasn't much of a skater prior to the injury and will likely be playing on one leg for the rest of his career.

If Zucc lights up the A, I think we can let Vinny go. I'd as soon leave Fedotenko's spot for a Hagelin or Weise or Kreider, whoever signs/deserves it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:16 PM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Someone put Zuccarello's Norwegian contingent of board posters on suicide watch.
I'm with my fellow countrymen on this one. No need for that This is the right thing to do. He needs to get his game back and he'll probably be helping the whale much more when he does, than he will be helping the Rangers playing like he is doing now. See you again next season Mats!

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Dagh

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think Zucc really needs to take it up a notch and then get a chance on a line where he can be give more of a offensive role then with the WW and Step-duo. On that line he was often forced to take the most defensive responsibility.
While that's not ideal for his point production, in the long run it might be great for his overall game.

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:19 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Fine with this move. He should have spent more time in the AHL this season as it is. Next season, I feel he'll make the team out of camp as a second-line winger. He's an NHL player, but he needs more seasoning and he needs to be in the right role, which he wasn't this season.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
He is an alright defensive forward for the club.

I'm really meh on whether he returns. I don't think replacing him would cripple us in any way.
He's been a great defensive forward for the club, and he's incredibly consistent.

I think his work on the Feds-Boyle-Prust line has helped Boyle put up the numbers he has.

I want him back next year unless he gets severely outplayed in camp by a guy like Hagelin. No more putting in kids just for the sake of putting in kids. I want to build a contending roster, and Feds is a great bottom 6 player.

edit- anyway this threads about MZA. Sorry to go off-topic.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
EC is a better passer/shooter

but what do I know.
EC is also a center which is something people don't seem to get and why I think he's been kept in the lineup, considering Tortorella seems to want to keep Prospal - Stepan - Gaborik and the Pack line together.

Now, why he's running the Powerplay? That I don't get because he's been awful.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post
I'm with my fellow countrymen on this one. No need for that This is the right thing to do. He needs to get his game back and he'll probably be helping the whale much more when he does, than he will be helping the Rangers playing like he is doing now. See you again next season Mats!
Happy to see that you can look past your love for the guy in doing what's best for the team. Hope you guys continue watching as well even though Zucc won't be out there.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

He'll contribute more in AHL then on a training bike watching the game backstage in nhl...

All, we the crazy Norse, have left now in nhl is Jonas Holos....and he's no zuccarello - that's for sure...

Here'shoping to see Patrick Thoresen back in the nhl next year...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
He'll contribute more in AHL then on a training bike watching the game backstage in nhl...

All, we the crazy Norse, have left now in nhl is Jonas Holos....and he's no zuccarello - that's for sure...

Here'shoping to see Patrick Thoresen back in the nhl next year...
All those ...'s makes me think perhaps the suicide-watch idea wasnt a bad idea after all hehe. Dont be sad, it will be alright

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Its more than possible that he is getting tired. He has played many more games in a short span of time than he ever has before, and at a higher level than before.

With some good training over the summer, combined with the experience he has gotten from this season, he should be much better prepared for next season, at least i hope so.

Oh, and part of the suicide squad reporting in (as referred to earlier in the thread)
Good to see such positive attitudes from everyone in the thread. I liked your point about fatigue, that could certainly be a factor.

Still a big MZA fan, this offseason is huge for MZA. I think he has proven he can play in the league, just needs to get stronger and faster.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote