HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do the bruins sell their used gear?

Old
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Gman094

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Gman094
Where do the bruins sell their used gear?

So I know a lot of teams sell used gear after a few practices/games. I was at an Islander game recently and they have a little booth/kiosk setup where they were selling skates, sticks, helmets, gloves etc. Wondering if the bruins do anything like that. I'm in MA for the weekend and staying not too far from where they practice in Wilmington. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Gman094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:37 PM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman094 View Post
So I know a lot of teams sell used gear after a few practices/games. I was at an Islander game recently and they have a little booth/kiosk setup where they were selling skates, sticks, helmets, gloves etc. Wondering if the bruins do anything like that. I'm in MA for the weekend and staying not too far from where they practice in Wilmington. Any help with this would be appreciated.
I'd like to know this too. I know in the Pro Shop they used to have some sticks. Whether they were game used I don't know. I'd love to own some kind of gear. Anything I have gotten was off ebay. Grabbed Raycrofts game used gloves off a guy and also a couple sticks from another guy.

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Jeff6582

They usually do some sort of "garage sale" every year before the season starts, I think.

here's the press release for this year's

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537576

Jeff6582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Gman094

Send a message via AIM to Gman094
yea I had heard about that, was just hoping to see if there was something sooner. I'd more interested in using the stuff then collecting it. When I went to the islanders game they only had one right handed stick and the blade was cracked.

Gman094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6582 View Post
They usually do some sort of "garage sale" every year before the season starts, I think.

here's the press release for this year's

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537576
Will have to keep an eye on that for next year.

Anyone on here actually gotten anything. Idea of prices for different items?

Old
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Fredi28

There's a hockeys store in Bedford called Zwickers that does a lot of repairs for Bruins players equipment. They also do repairs for a lot of the local D-1 schools, and a lot of times get some equipment when players are done and sell them used or at pro-stock prices. I bought a basically brand new pair of Easton skates last year from a former BU player that he used maybe once. Also just bought a pro-stock Bauer one95 stick, it was a pro-stock made for Wheeler. Only downfall is it says B.Wheeler #26 on it, haha.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredi28 View Post
There's a hockeys store in Bedford called Zwickers that does a lot of repairs for Bruins players equipment. They also do repairs for a lot of the local D-1 schools, and a lot of times get some equipment when players are done and sell them used or at pro-stock prices. I bought a basically brand new pair of Easton skates last year from a former BU player that he used maybe once. Also just bought a pro-stock Bauer one95 stick, it was a pro-stock made for Wheeler. Only downfall is it says B.Wheeler #26 on it, haha.
Good god, how long has that place been there. Anyone remember that long and snowy road to the barn?

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:34 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
That's what tape is for!

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Bmf316nhl
But there's no dog

Send a message via AIM to Bmf316nhl
Quote:
I wouldn't use that stick if I was you...you might find yourself going offside all the time.

Bmf316nhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 08:24 AM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post
That's what tape is for!
Tape doesn't solve everything lol.

Old
04-02-2011, 09:00 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
Good god, how long has that place been there. Anyone remember that long and snowy road to the barn?
I remember when they used to also sell snowblowers and other lawn equipment.

Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington (where the Bruins practice) also sometimes has equipment as well.

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:10 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
Well my daughter for one would be thrilled to have that stick...what can I say, she's 15, she still goes for the cuteness factor before playing ability when deciding who she "loves". :::sigh:::

HockeyMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Bruins420

nhl.com

nhl.com used to have them once in a while for auction I think. I always wanted one of the grey practice jerseys.

Bruins420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Neely08

I think they offer new and used stuff up for wholesale to retail outlets.

For instance, I picked up a black pair of Jofa gloves that were originally purchased by the B's for Kevin Stevens (had his number on them, etc). And, they were cheap, considering those were expensive gloves at the time. Found them at Tony Lucias (sp.) in Medford square.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:50 AM
TimmytheTank

A friend of mine bought Wideman's skates from last year at this year's sale. I don't remember exactly how much he paid for them, but I remember thinking it wasn't as much as it might have been... maybe his stock was low . Either way it might have been $40 or $60 bucks. I think he has since used them only once as they didn't fit him quite right.

TimmytheTank is offline   Reply With Quote