HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello status (4/18: Sent back down)

Old
04-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Well this might be good for his development and gain a bit more strength, if he comes back this season cool, if not I'll be excited to see him play next season.

Gilroy could possibly play forward if need be...just saying.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

well we just lost 20 fans, who are now migrating onto the avs board to support holos

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
I'm actually a bit surprised that they sent him down, but I prefer him getting 1st line ice time in the NHL to getting 6 minutes in the NHL. It's the best for his development — which is the most important aspect here. He needs to work on his core and his skating this offseason. He'd be much more of a threat, with those aspects improved, because he has the smarts and raw ability of an NHLer.

04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
All those ...'s makes me think perhaps the suicide-watch idea wasnt a bad idea after all hehe. Dont be sad, it will be alright
lol...I'm calm..I'm calm...

now where is that damn ahl stream ? lol...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Bardof425*

He clearly has skill and creativity. But he needs to learn the North American game and the need to operate in tight quarters. This is a good move because most of what he's done well has been in the shootout and if we make the playoffs there are no shootouts. Good luck Zucc.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

He's had a tough stretch. Sending him down dosen't bother me too much, and Mats himself dosen't take anything as a given (judging by his interviews). He knew a day like this could come along...

And playing for the Pack helped his transisition to the american game a whole lot. He'll benefit from this, considering he still has a bunch of things that he needs to work on.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:20 PM
blixt

Most of us Norwegians can see that the time has come for Zucc to step down. Zucca has shown that he has the potential to play on par with the best, but he needs more time. Looking forward to following NYR, with or without Zucc.

blixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

like i said before, i dont think hes built to play Rangers hockey. we arent a rushing transition type team, we're a blue collar grind it out type team...maybe thats by necessity because of the lack of skill, regardless, we are what we are, and he just isnt built for that kind of hockey. kids got talent...sure...but he doesnt have the physical tools to play this style of hockey for 82 games + playoffs. hes clearly been worn out by the board abuse hes taken.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:25 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
like i said before, i dont think hes built to play Rangers hockey. we arent a rushing transition type team, we're a blue collar grind it out type team...maybe thats by necessity because of the lack of skill, regardless, we are what we are, and he just isnt built for that kind of hockey. kids got talent...sure...but he doesnt have the physical tools to play this style of hockey for 82 games + playoffs. hes clearly been worn out by the board abuse hes taken.
This is also the most games he's played at any point in the season over the course of his career. He now knows what kind of offseason training he will have to go through to not get tired down the stretch. That's why I'm amazed McDonagh and Stepan haven't hit some kind of wall recently as well. They've played a lot of games this season.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:29 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
That's what Rangers hockey is THIS season. Blue collar, grind it out... This is just another way of saying average, lacking in talent team.

This is not the style of hockey this team wants to play in the future. This is not a style of play conducive to winning. When the style of play morphs, and it will, MZA will be a good fit.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 03:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
That's what Rangers hockey is THIS season. Blue collar, grind it out... This is just another way of saying average, lacking in talent team.

This is not the style of hockey this team wants to play in the future. This is not a style of play conducive to winning. When the style of play morphs, and it will, MZA will be a good fit.
Don't think that's necessarily true- Boston can fit the mold of a "blue collar, grind it out" team as well- the difference is their players can all grind it out as well as make finesse, skill plays.

Zuc definitely has a spot on the roster, but I don't think we'll see the team style change must past less dumping and chasing as we get a player, or players, who are adept at carrying the puck.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:06 PM
TigerJack

Zucca is worn out. When he was sent down after camp, I think it hit him hard mentally. He did not come over to play in the AHL, but when he ended up there, it was a tough situation for him. It also took him many games to get adjusted, but then he became close to a PPG-player. It took a lot of hard work to get there, and I just think he is worn out. He needs more practice and training through this summer, and he will be back. In Sweden his career high games was 55....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post

i just dont see the Rangers doing a radical shift in playing style nor do i see the influx of talent to play that way. We'll see though.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
blupride99

Nobody is a bigger fan of MZA than Torts.

This is a no brainer.. Mats is a baby still, and I don't mean that in a degrading way. He's young, undersized, and foreign... a bit more time down in the AHL will only make him better but nobody can deny that he proved he can play NHL this year.

I also don't think he'll be too discouraged. Kid's smart, he knows what he has to do and he knows what he's up against. He's got a humble streak and I think that plays well to his situation.

blupride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:12 PM
DrAStuart

I wonder if Stepan and McD have faired better physically is because they maybe had a better sense of what kind of shape Torts expects the guys to be in when they arrive at camp and maybe were better prepared. Coming from Europe MZA might not have been as 'tuned in' to who Torts is, what kind of camp he runs, etc. Torts is kind of legendary (notorious?) for running really demanding camps...Guys can't arrive expecting to get into shape, but have to already be at the top of their game. If you're in and around N.American hockey circles you might have a better idea about what Torts is going to put you through...just a thought. MZA will be back...of that I have no doubt.

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:17 PM
blupride99

I suggest he stay stateside this summer and train here.

blupride99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:23 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
He slowed down lately. Solid move. Kid will rebound, though.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Look at this pragmatically. He wasn't going to play Sunday (not after last night) and he'll get a few games in at Hartford to try and regain his rhythm. He may be back next week.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:12 PM
surGeon

So... Where can I get AHL games?

surGeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Scooter17

I personally don't think he will ever amount to much. For small guys like him to stick in the NHL they have to be difference-makers such as Martin St. Louis, Theo Fleury, Brian Gionta, and others. I don't think he is a good enough skater to ever be a guy like that.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:27 PM
GarretJoseph*

this is what happens when you glide to the bench.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:43 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
this is what happens when you glide to the bench.
if it were this simple half the team would be in hartford especially mr christensen and mr prospal.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:45 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Get Zuccarello and Stepan a power skating instructor all summer. Everyday. They need longer, powerful strides.

Work like heck on their legs and core strength.

Zuccarello should be fine after that.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
The whole team just sucks at offense. With 4 games left i'm not sure I agree with this move.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Anyone know where Norwegian fans can catch AHL game streams?

I'm going to be following the 2 teams if I can, can't give up on either team..

Also, does anyone know why the ATDHE streaming site have stopped streaming hockey?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote