HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Maritime jr A

Old
03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
DTUCKER16

vCash: 500
Maritime jr A

I know this is for the Q but i was wondering if anyone has heard of the Maritime Jr A league coming to Quispamsis for next season when the new Q Plex opens. Rumour has it that it is coming and as an unhappy season ticket holder for the dogs i sure hope so.i think it would do good in this area.
Wayne Long and Scott McCain won't be getting my money next season unfortunately I'm only one. AND they really won't give a RATS A**!!!!! Just like they don't care about any of the season ticket holders.

DTUCKER16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTUCKER16 View Post
I know this is for the Q but i was wondering if anyone has heard of the Maritime Jr A league coming to Quispamsis for next season when the new Q Plex opens. Rumour has it that it is coming and as an unhappy season ticket holder for the dogs i sure hope so.i think it would do good in this area.
Wayne Long and Scott McCain won't be getting my money next season unfortunately I'm only one. AND they really won't give a RATS A**!!!!! Just like they don't care about any of the season ticket holders.
Must be terrible having to sit through all that success considering you're still a fairly new franchise.

Saint John is one of the best run franchises in the Q....they certainly won't miss you.

Jack Bauer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 07:42 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Quote:
Are you for real?

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:27 AM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Your ownership has brought in some good coaches and management which in turn has brought in good players and has treated their fans to some good teams and good hockey. I'm not sure what they are like to deal with but I would gladly switch our ownership in PEI here with yours any day.

Try having an owner who is also the gm who thinks he knows what he is doing despite never ever icing a competitive team and also expects people to be flocking to the rink to watch this fiasco. AND the kicker is that we are stuck with this gm and this fiasco because the gm will never be fired because he owns the team and also because he thinks the problem lies with everyone else, such as players and coaches, and is never his doing.

Would you rather this ownership?

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Alpine

Take the Dieppe Commandos please.
They play in front of a couple hundred compared to Wildcats 4-5,000.
Hell Charlottetown Abbies returned their franchise to the league when they couldn't find s buyer.
Maritime Jr A ain't bad but it's not the Wal-Mart of the Q.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Must be terrible having to sit through all that success considering you're still a fairly new franchise.

Saint John is one of the best run franchises in the Q....they certainly won't miss you.
The best thing that could happen is for the M Cup not to be given to the Seadogs....they need that for a reality check and to knock them down a couple pegs.

Old
03-04-2011, 08:54 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Are you for real?
let me guess you're not a season ticket holder....if not you really don't know all the facts that i could go on for hours with. if you are a season ticket holder ask yourself the question "why should i be a season ticket holder?" think real serious about it.

Old
03-05-2011, 12:13 AM
MarcPiquesFan

What are you upset about? Do they gave your bench to someone else for some games, will the price increase that much next season, ...? I'm curious to know...

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
nthnnoel

I am a season ticket holder and the reason I am is because I enjoy watching live hockey games. I like this level of hockey. Watching the Sea Dogs play gives me something to look forward to during the long winter months. I don't understand your comment. Did the organization wrong you personally? If so, then I hope you do find some hockey to go to that will bring you happiness.

nthnnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
The best thing that could happen is for the M Cup not to be given to the Seadogs....they need that for a reality check and to knock them down a couple pegs.
At least tell us why instead of leading people on.

Saint John is quite possible the #1 run team in the entire CHL right now, so good luck telling us why the owners are so terrible.

Season ticket holders become so to support the team and get the same ticket to every game....what else more do you want.

Jack Bauer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
jefff

Quote:

Whats wrong with you...as a fan they give you a championship team, some of the best players in the league, the possibility of the mem cup and you bash them like this! I think they should revoke your season tickets. Really you are an exception!

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
montrealhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff View Post
Whats wrong with you...as a fan they give you a championship team, some of the best players in the league, the possibility of the mem cup and you bash them like this! I think they should revoke your season tickets. Really you are an exception!
Must be a personal issue here.....

montrealhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:59 AM
hfboardfanatic

He/she is not alone. There are alot of people in the city, who, while wish nothing but the best for the players, hope that local ownership fall flat on their faces!

Bring on Jr. A in the new QPlex.

hfboardfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfboardfanatic View Post
He/she is not alone. There are alot of people in the city, who, while wish nothing but the best for the players, hope that local ownership fall flat on their faces!

Bring on Jr. A in the new QPlex.
Finally someone that doesn't think the Seadogs are the end all of all..... ok let me ask u all something ....as a season ticket holder of ur team ...what do u get???
in Saint john ...we get a 5.00 hat .... and nothing else. don't give me the crap about it being ur seat cuz theres plenty there (don't beleive their attendance numbers I'm there every game ). the general public get a better deal than season ticket holders.... plenty of 5 .00 nights thur out the season and discounted tickets which i know pisses off the season ticket holders....seadogs ownership don't care. one of u said i'm only one and they won't misss me????? ....there are plenty more.yes we have a great team and staff ...Gallant and his team built this team . Long and McCain won't know a hockey puck if it jumped up and bit them on the A@@. their only worried about the all mighty dollar and the both walk a round Harbour Station like they are GODS!!

Stories about the Memeorial Cup to come ...they will be interesting to say the least

Old
03-08-2011, 03:50 PM
nthnnoel

Why don't you just pay walk-up ticket prices and be done with it?

nthnnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Finally someone that doesn't think the Seadogs are the end all of all..... ok let me ask u all something ....as a season ticket holder of ur team ...what do u get???
in Saint john ...we get a 5.00 hat .... and nothing else. don't give me the crap about it being ur seat cuz theres plenty there (don't beleive their attendance numbers I'm there every game ). the general public get a better deal than season ticket holders.... plenty of 5 .00 nights thur out the season and discounted tickets which i know pisses off the season ticket holders....seadogs ownership don't care. one of u said i'm only one and they won't misss me????? ....there are plenty more.yes we have a great team and staff ...Gallant and his team built this team . Long and McCain won't know a hockey puck if it jumped up and bit them on the A@@. their only worried about the all mighty dollar and the both walk a round Harbour Station like they are GODS!!

Stories about the Memeorial Cup to come ...they will be interesting to say the least

It's no different here in Charlottetown for season ticket holders except ours don't get a hat and ours don't get to watch a competitive, contending team.

Sorry if I don't sympathize with you. As a Rocket fan it's hard for me to do so when I see what you guys have been given and rewarded with in regards to entertaining and competitive teams in comparison to what myself and other Rocket fans have been treated to by our ownership. Even if your ownership doesn't have the fans' best interests at heart, but at least they are rewarding your loyalty with quality teams unlike the Savards here on Charlottetown.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Here, in Gatineau, we get a 10% discount coupon at the official store, but not for the jerseys... We also get some tickets like 2 for 1, things like that, but nothing really big... If you want, you can also participate at some draws for NHL jerseys (autograph), but you have to complete a little coupon before.

And that's about it...

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 07:20 PM
jefff

SEADOGS SEASON TICKET HOLDER BENEFITS:

• Season Ticket Holder Holiday Coupon Booklet
• Season Ticket Holder Game Day Draw (Value: $50/game)
• Five (5) Complimentary Tickets (Value: $85)
• 25% discount on Sea Dogs Award Banquet Tickets
• 10% discount on all purchases at Sea Dog Styles Team Store
• $10 Ambassador Passes for all Atlantic Division regular season games
• $3 savings per ticket over box office prices
• Priority access to playoff tickets
• Use of Season Ticket Holder entrance at home games
• Invitation to 2 exclusive season ticket holder events with the entire team:
Meet & Greet BBQ
Winter Carnival Skate

Oh hey, I forgot the 5 dollar hat! And if you have kids they love the free skate with the Seadog players. Also the coupon booket has a 2 for 1 ticket and several 5 and 10 dollar coupons for local restaurants.

Last edited by jefff: 03-08-2011 at 07:27 PM.
jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
byrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
It's no different here in Charlottetown for season ticket holders except ours don't get a hat and ours don't get to watch a competitive, contending team.

Sorry if I don't sympathize with you. As a Rocket fan it's hard for me to do so when I see what you guys have been given and rewarded with in regards to entertaining and competitive teams in comparison to what myself and other Rocket fans have been treated to by our ownership. Even if your ownership doesn't have the fans' best interests at heart, but at least they are rewarding your loyalty with quality teams unlike the Savards here on Charlottetown.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Seadogs this year will likely have 5 players chosen higher in the NHL draft than any Rocket has EVER been drafted in 12 seasons, plus the next couple of seasons by the look of things.

byrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

Ill try and respond to your actual topic.

I could see Summerside moving there, IF they get the Lewisten Q team to move into Summerside, which would force the JR A team out.

McLovin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 09:35 AM
22tootoo

never heard of this. I doubt they could support a team very well.

22tootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:33 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Disagree but not entirely.

Two things:

-Team should never have fired Beaulieu who built the team from the ground up.
-The seats in the lower bowl should be filled at all times when they have the best team in the country. They need to find a way to sell tickets...

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote