HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Old
04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
I think with 4 allstar lines the ice should be opened up for everyone not named crosby, thorton/marleau/heatley/iginla... etc could have turned it up and took over, but it was toews and richards who stepped it up when needed... coincidence? doubtful... they are proven winners
Yup, the SJ line was okay but not great. Iggy/Staal/Crosby didn't really work, partly because they were covered heavily and partly because they didn't gel. Richards/Toews/Nash were the best line as were Getzlaf and Perry.

Funny how some rip Richards/Gagne/Carter for not producing much vs Chicago but don't say the same about the Crosby line in the Olympics. Both lines were heavily covered which is why the other lines were so important. Cover the Briere line the same way the Richards line was covered and everyone would have complained about them.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yup, the SJ line was okay but not great. Iggy/Staal/Crosby didn't really work, partly because they were covered heavily and partly because they didn't gel. Richards/Toews/Nash were the best line as were Getzlaf and Perry.

Funny how some rip Richards/Gagne/Carter for not producing much vs Chicago but don't say the same about the Crosby line in the Olympics. Both lines were heavily covered which is why the other lines were so important. Cover the Briere line the same way the Richards line was covered and everyone would have complained about them.
Chicago's top line wasn't exactly a powerhouse in the Finals either, for the same reason.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

well to be frank, R/C/C had 6 games and didn't produce much (not entirely their fault in losing the series), while Crosby scored the golden goal, helps cover over the lack of consistent production. Its not always fair criticism though, but thats what winning does.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:12 PM

It may just be me, but I expect more from our esteemed captain. This team needs a leader and he's been nowhere to be seen almost every night since February.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:28 PM
SelanneLion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
It may just be me, but I expect more from our esteemed captain. This team needs a leader and he's been nowhere to be seen almost every night since February.
That worries me too. I also think the team should fine him every time he doesn't answer questions from the media. That makes the entire team look bad. He should be making the team look good.

SelanneLion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Yeah Clement is practically begging in the postgame show that Richards shows up tomorrow against the isles and plays with intensity. He said he needs to lead the team with intensity which Richards vowed he would show tonight.....minus two and one shot is not exactly the epitome of intensity. He's definitely struggling...not good if it carries over into the playoffs at all

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
BulkVanderHuge

Does this guy have a pulse? Captain Quaalude is starting to sound like Steven Wright in his post game interviews.

BulkVanderHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 09:44 PM
SelanneLion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkVanderHuge View Post
Does this guy have a pulse? Captain Quaalude is starting to sound like Steven Wright in his post game interviews.
Pronger can't get back soon enough.

SelanneLion* is offline   Reply With Quote