HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #79 @ Philadelphia Flyers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #79 Philadelphia Flyers
Ryan Callahan 1 0.71%
Erik Christensen 4 2.86%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 0.71%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 1.43%
Marian Gaborik 11 7.86%
Dan Girardi 12 8.57%
Henrik Lundqvist 48 34.29%
Bryan McCabe 2 1.43%
Marc Staal 58 41.43%
Wojtek Wolski 1 0.71%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Did anyone else think Carcillo spat on Gabby?
Carcillo's dumb, but that would get him suspended for the entire playoffs, he's not THAT dumb. He did a stupid pump fake to scare the Ranger.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Janerixon

Glad they got 2 points, as the flyers 2nd goal would not have happened had McD not gotten hurt putting Staal out of position. Hard to call the player of the game today, but Hank, Staal, and Girardi were all huge (except for that terrible icing by Danny G.)

Thought McCabe's PP goal really gave this team the belief they could win, was glad NBC didn't say anything about the teams record when leading going into the 3rd. Thought Fedotenko had a huge game, glad Torts kept the lines the same as Cally really makes the pack line and Prust did a lot of the work on the Feds goal.

Lets go Sabres, and hopefully the Rangers will come to play and get two points vs a good Bruins team.

My only issues with today were lack of shots when the shot was available and how some players seem to be afraid to pick corners (Gabby, Dubi, EC). I defintely prefer they hit the net, but if you aren't going to pick a corner, shoot low for a rebound, not into the Flyers logo.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I thought he spit at him, because doing the head fake is such a little ****ing immature kid move.

I wish Gabby turned around and dropped the gloves. (sorta. not really.)

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Carcillo's dumb, but that would get him suspended for the entire playoffs, he's not THAT dumb. He did a stupid pump fake to scare the Ranger.
thats exactly how i saw it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zuuuuc

POTG - Staal. Gets his nose broken and still has a monster game
The Good - Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik played amazing and an OT winner would have made him POTG
The Bad - Having to watch the Joke-nin shootout "attempt" from last year

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
thats exactly how i saw it.
I don't think he spit on him either, just Carcillo doing something to annoy the opposition, nothing Avery hasn't and wouldn't do. Could he have spit on him? Sure its possible but I didn't notice anything on the replay they showed a few times with game hi-lights.

Old
04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
POTG - Staal. Gets his nose broken and still has a monster game
The Good - Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik played amazing and an OT winner would have made him POTG
The Bad - Having to watch the Joke-nin shootout "attempt" from last year
Yeah, I think I actually did chuckle and then curse at Pierre or whoever said "50% of viewers would not appreciate watching that."

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Girardi and staal were monsters

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
DrAStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
My only issues with today were lack of shots when the shot was available and how some players seem to be afraid to pick corners (Gabby, Dubi, EC). I defintely prefer they hit the net, but if you aren't going to pick a corner, shoot low for a rebound, not into the Flyers logo.
Not sure about this...both Gabby and EC went for corners today...goalie had to move to stop them so they weren't shot at the logo...and this is not a goalie you want to shoot low on...when they did go low he was there and there weren't a lot of rebounds

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:55 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
I like these tight games like this. Cant go wrong with either Staal or Hank

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
XLJ

The game had a playoff feel to it. Great win the entire team played hard... Gaborik, Staal, Hank, Girardi all really stood out today. We still need to do a better job around our net. Too many times lately players are just standing in front of Hank without being touched. Loved seeing McCabe & Avery go after Carcillo.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAStuart View Post
Not sure about this...both Gabby and EC went for corners today...goalie had to move to stop them so they weren't shot at the logo...and this is not a goalie you want to shoot low on...when they did go low he was there and there weren't a lot of rebounds
Gabby and EC defintely took some shots that went right into his logo when Bob was fairly stationary. EC had one on the PP and Gabby had one on the rush and one in the 3rd Bob swallowed as they were aimed right at the logo. They were going high the whole game, nothing wrong with switching it up and shooting one or two on the ice for a deflections or a rebound off the pads as it is harder to swallow up a puck when it is on the ice from a slapshot, as opposed to a wrist shot to the torso.

Old
04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Okay, I lied, stats are updated.

Staal & Girardi with monstrous 30+ minute nights.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
ecemleafs

Staal played 34 minutes most of which with a broken nose? Not bad...

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Carcillo is such a joke. He's beyond scum.

Also, Pierre is such an idiot. He felt the need to say over and over again after the Coburn hit on Feds that it was clean and he didn't hit him in the head. He also added in that if it was Marc Staal throwing the hit that Ranger fans would be cheering. That moron, along with the rest of the broadcast crew, didn't even bother to look at the play and see that it was Coburn's high stick that caught Feds in the face. It's so annoying when broadcasters rush to defend a hit without actually watching the play.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Sabres regulation win only please

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:16 PM
HAPPY HOUR

DVR'd the game.
Swore I wouldn't peak here before I watched tonight.
I lied.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yeah, for anyone on the edge about POTG...

Marc Staal played 34 minutes of shutdown hockey tonight. He was on the ice more than he was on the bench.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:23 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Carcillo is such a joke. He's beyond scum.

Also, Pierre is such an idiot. He felt the need to say over and over again after the Coburn hit on Feds that it was clean and he didn't hit him in the head. He also added in that if it was Marc Staal throwing the hit that Ranger fans would be cheering. That moron, along with the rest of the broadcast crew, didn't even bother to look at the play and see that it was Coburn's high stick that caught Feds in the face. It's so annoying when broadcasters rush to defend a hit without actually watching the play.
I really enjoy when Pierre and Doc broadcast. Blair Betts had the puck and Doc began raving about the Hollweg- Betts- Orr line for the Rangers, and how many minutes they played during the season. That's some awesome insight.

Not to mention Pierre compliments the **** out of the Rangers young players every time he announces their games.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I really enjoy when Pierre and Doc broadcast. Blair Betts had the puck and Doc began raving about the Hollweg- Betts- Orr line for the Rangers, and how many minutes they played during the season. That's some awesome insight.

Not to mention Pierre compliments the **** out of the Rangers young players every time he announces their games.
Pierre is quickly becoming less and less of what he looks like (a talking pe**s).

Also, the Rangers have won their last three games on NBC. Philly at home, Pittsburgh on the road, and Philly on the road.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Anyone who plays more than 34 minutes, most of them with a broken nose get's my vote..he didn't loose a step, didn't back down and got in theire faces..

But he needs a visor...quickly

Btw:

Anyone else see Carcello spit on one of our boys?

Anyone got a video of it?

Think he'll get an official reaction from the league for it?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Ola

Marc Staal had a real world class effort tonight, I am almost becoming sentimental...

We have not seen many efforts like this in NY the last 10+ years. I seriously think only JJ and Hank have had that type of world class dominating performances for us since I Leetch basically was still in his prime (/Richter). Like when someone just gets the job done shift after shift after shift after shift. Alone sets the tempo on the ice. On this topic you can look at it from many perspective's, four goals from a forward is of course "more important" in a sense, but when it comes to being dominant on a shift by shift basis Staal IMHO sets himself apart from the rest I've seen play for this team since the "94' guys".

For me, Staal went out there and took another step tonight

Ryan Callahan is -- I do not want to say "the", because it gives the wrong impression, but he is a -- heart and sould of his team type of player. Man is he taking on a big responsibility out there. Its sick.

We talk about small plays so much, but what are they really?

On one shift Callahan looked pretty tired, he skated the length of the ice twice, then feetched the puck deep in our end and took it up ice into the neturalzone were he was run up against the boards. What does he do? 2-3 guys heads for the linechange, he is the one closest to the bench -- still he heads back into the defensive zone to cover for the one's changing.

Thats a small play. And Callahan brings those type of players shift after shift after shift -- besides his forechecking, besides his shot-blocking, besides his sniper ability.

Last edited by Ola: 04-03-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:32 PM
raist

POTG: Staal, his toughness is beyond me.

Overall good game, need to play every game this way now.

raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Went with Henke, though I didn't realize Staal played so much.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

POTG: Gaborik

Good: NYR winning this game. Shut all the bashers the hell up.

Bad: Boyle. Just had one of those games.

Redden: Carcillo. The guy isn't even an agitator, he's a ******* with skates, a pedophile mustache, and daddy issues.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote