HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Imagine if...

Old
04-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Imagine if we need a point to clinch......deja vu all over AGAIN.
Please...

Would be nice if they make it to the playoffs, beat Philly in the first round, find a way to go through the 2nd round to go to the ECF to get knocked out, by us hopefully. That way, Boston only gets the 27th pick.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 02:41 AM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
The leafs making the post season and ruining the bruins draft pick would help us. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 02:59 AM
The Russian General
#FireTherrien

Either way, I'll be happy. I mean if they're out, it'll be funny. If they're in, it'll be fun, plus their fans deserve it.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Either way, I'll be happy. I mean if they're out, it'll be funny. If they're in, it'll be fun, plus their fans deserve it.
The dislike I have for the Leafs has gone way down in the last 5 years, and has been shifted towards the Bruins. Wouldn't bother me at all if they squeaked in.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 05:20 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

ya i've been silently rooting for them since about january. it would be fun, and that would definately be a playoff spot that was deserved. and i enjoy watching them troll the league. us fans should unite, we have a number of things in common, in terms of fanbase size and being hated around the league. they were so down for the most part these past 2 years i was really started to empathize with their poor fans who had to endure these tough times. i wanted them to have something to cheer about. in or not, they should be proud of the way the team pushed on, and it also helps that you're not the sens lol.

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 04-03-2011 at 05:26 AM.
HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 07:39 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Steve Begin says hello. I still can't forgive him for that final game.
What did he do?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
If Halak plays instead of Huet, we win that game. What a stupid call to put him in after coming off an injury.

If I recall, Begin took a couple of really lazy penalties that resulted in PP goals.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Palying Huet after a long injury over Halak is what did us in IMO, I was so pissed >.<

**damn shoulda read the whole thread before posting this :S**

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Habs 1909

I was rooting for them in the Leafs Bruins game. My jaw dropped after seeing Kadri's SO winner. Wouldn't mind seeing them make it either.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Serious HABit

oh for god sakes guys. They're still the enemy. I have no pity.

I'm gonna bump this thread when the team is actually good again and their fanbase is the most annoying on HF.

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:07 PM
guitarist37

Leafs fan here, coming in peace

Didn't you guys squeak into the playoffs last year because you made it into OT in the last game of the season against us? I remember watching an interview with Giguere (grew up a canadiens fan) saying he was happy that he got both the win, and the canadiens made the playoffs ... he might have let you have that one. Return a favour if it comes down to it!

After the leafs, you guys are my favourite canadian team, and I really like Price. No hate towards you guys. Of course theres the rivalry, love beating you haha but i'd say theres respect there.

Facing you in the ECF would be UNREAL. If we both get in, I'm cheering for you to get there!

guitarist37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 01:58 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist37 View Post

Didn't you guys squeak into the playoffs last year because you made it into OT in the last game of the season against us? I remember watching an interview with Giguere (grew up a canadiens fan) saying he was happy that he got both the win, and the canadiens made the playoffs ... he might have let you have that one. Return a favour if it comes down to it!

After the leafs, you guys are my favourite canadian team, and I really like Price. No hate towards you guys. Of course theres the rivalry, love beating you haha but i'd say theres respect there.

Facing you in the ECF would be UNREAL. If we both get in, I'm cheering for you to get there!
Not looking good for you guys freaking Philly can't even beat the Rangers I would get a kick out of the Bruin fans crying about the Leafs making it

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 02:04 PM
llamateizer

Quote:

I wouldn't mind the leafs making the playoffs
their chances are really low right now.

and the rangers seems going to get at least 1 pts

EDIT: rangers got 2

NYR 3- 89 pts
BUF 4- 88 pts
CAR 4- 86 pts

TOR will win tie-breaking vs NYR/BUF if the 3 wins are in regulation/OT

Buffalo wins
CAR and TOR eliminated (not mathematically)

Last edited by llamateizer: 04-03-2011 at 02:32 PM.
llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Habs

I hate everything about the Leafs, could care less if they relocated to Alaska. CBC has driven my hatred of that team to new heights.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:

You guys have waited more than 30 years to play us in the playoffs again. Hopefully, as the Leafs get better, it should happen in a few years' time.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Lucius

As a pure demonstration of how much this rivalry has fallen off, I'm rooting for them to climb in as underdogs.

They're scrappy, sadly.

Boston is the enemy these days and it won't be until Toronto is halfway not pathetic that they can ever really get that hate back.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
As a pure demonstration of how much this rivalry has fallen off, I'm rooting for them to climb in as underdogs.

They're scrappy, sadly.

Boston is the enemy these days and it won't be until Toronto is halfway not pathetic that they can ever really get that hate back.
If Boston is the enemy for us, Toronto will get to hate Boston soon enough. And the day where the Leafs will clinch a playoff spot again, I will not consider them to be pathetic anymore for we're getting closer to parity in the East as well.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote