HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Toffoli

Old
04-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
Tyler Toffoli

So the 67's were eliminated from the OHL playoffs. Can we bring Tyler up and if we can would you?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Orenji

He would probably get destroyed.

Send him to Manchester and hope the Raiders upset the Blades so that Schenn can come up.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 12:25 AM
no name

I would love to have something to be excited over but I just don't believe he's ready to contribute in a Murray system.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 02:17 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Up to Manchester, sure. Up to LA, no way. Don't rush the kid, reward him with a showcase at the AHL level. Even the ECHL would be fine for a few games, just to throw him a bone and say great season young man.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 02:32 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Up to Manchester, sure. Up to LA, no way. Don't rush the kid, reward him with a showcase at the AHL level. Even the ECHL would be fine for a few games, just to throw him a bone and say great season young man.
I totally agree with rewarding players for solid seasons. However I wonder if DL feels the same way. When kopitar went down I expected a player to be called up to play on the 4th line. Westgarth has no reason to play down the stretch as we need to start getting some line chemistry going into the playoffs. Also call ups usaully have very solid debuts due to the fact they are pumped up to be in the NHL.

A two week promotion also doubles their annual salary and seems like a good faith gesture. Bud Holloway would be an ideal fit on the 4th line and has had a very solid season on the ice and is also up for AHL Man of the year award.

But instead we have to watch westgarth occupy a spot on the bench and likely see guys like Voynov leave to the KHL for bigger dollars.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 06:10 PM
triplcrown

From all reports, he is just not ready (physique & strength-wise)
to handle the NHL.

But playing in the AHL POs should be an interesting prospect for him,
and is decidely closer to where he is right now as a player.

If Toffoli can elevate his game somewhat and be a weapon for Manchester in the AHL POs,
that will be great for the org in every possible way.

Last edited by triplcrown: 04-02-2011 at 09:50 PM.
triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

My understanding is that he could be with Manch as early as sometime next week I suppose.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 03:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I totally agree with rewarding players for solid seasons. However I wonder if DL feels the same way. When kopitar went down I expected a player to be called up to play on the 4th line. Westgarth has no reason to play down the stretch as we need to start getting some line chemistry going into the playoffs. Also call ups usaully have very solid debuts due to the fact they are pumped up to be in the NHL.

A two week promotion also doubles their annual salary and seems like a good faith gesture. Bud Holloway would be an ideal fit on the 4th line and has had a very solid season on the ice and is also up for AHL Man of the year award.

But instead we have to watch westgarth occupy a spot on the bench and likely see guys like Voynov leave to the KHL for bigger dollars.
Teams are only allowed four recalls after the trade deadline. I know we used one on Moller. How many do we have left? Maybe DL didn't want to burn one now, in case there was another injury?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 04:05 AM
KingLB

One of TT's biggest weakness' is his skating. And I've heard a little lax on the defensive responsibility (taking those Heatly comparisons a little to far) those two combined lead to a bad call up at this time.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:35 AM
regulate

I was not aware he signed a professional contract. Did I miss something?

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
I was not aware he signed a professional contract. Did I miss something?
He hasn't. The front office is currently working on it.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He is not as NHL ready as Schenn is. He needs to go to Manchester.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Chazz Reinhold

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/04/03...ffolis-status/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammond
For those who have asked about the short-term destination of Kings prospect Tyler Toffoli, there’s a partial answer. The Kings are talking to Toffoli about a contract, and the current plan is to have him play for the Manchester Monarchs for the rest of the American Hockey League season. Toffoli, a second-round draft pick last year, led the Ontario Hockey League with 108 points (57 goals, 51 assists) in 68 regular-season games for the Ottawa 67s, but the 67s were swept in the first round of the OHL playoffs. Toffoli had three goals and five assists in the four playoff games. The Monarchs are battling for first place in their division and have three games remaining in the regular season.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
This is pretty much what I had and said this past Thursday in this and the chl thread.

He is perfectly ready for a call up to Manchester and would be a nice add going into the play offs. I don't think he gets time with the Kings yet but it wouldn't be impossible.

Imo he is two years away from NHL play. One more year in Jr's wouldn't hurt him though he would do just as well or maybe slightly better in Manchester now that there will be on opening on LW. Either way the brass decides to go with him is easily the right way to go. He is one scary talented sniper, he still needs to round out a couple of things.

Old
04-04-2011, 02:42 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
This is pretty much what I had and said this past Thursday in this and the chl thread.

He is perfectly ready for a call up to Manchester and would be a nice add going into the play offs. I don't think he gets time with the Kings yet but it wouldn't be impossible.

Imo he is two years away from NHL play. One more year in Jr's wouldn't hurt him though he would do just as well or maybe slightly better in Manchester now that there will be on opening on LW. Either way the brass decides to go with him is easily the right way to go. He is one scary talented sniper, he still needs to round out a couple of things.
He's a right winger

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
He's a right winger
Yes he is.

the two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Old
04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

He's a deadly sniper but his skating is suspect. He needs to work on it A LOT.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
DeeMeck

What, no Robitaille jokes yet?

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
What, no Robitaille jokes yet?
Hard to compare a second round pick with the 169th pick in the draft!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
He's a deadly sniper but his skating is suspect. He needs to work on it A LOT.
Everything I've read says he's vastly improved his skating over last season. Have you watched him play extensively this season or are you basing that off of the scouting reports from the draft?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Everything I've read says he's vastly improved his skating over last season. Have you watched him play extensively this season or are you basing that off of the scouting reports from the draft?
I've downloaded a few games from torrents websites. Yes, he's improved from the beginning of the season, but still needs to get a lot better. His skating is still a huge weakness imo. Btw, just my .2.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:01 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

His skating is comparable with the majority of the player4s on the Monarchs (not all but most) and that will be made obvious once he gets there. The major trouble with his skating is his first step and his stride mechanics. He is overly criticized for this due to slow development in these two area's. If you watch him skate you can see the reason for this line of thinking as he takes a wider stride and stance during his power strokes then is necessary, that said it isn't anything that can't be addressed and improved upon in time (and has been throughout this past season). The majority of his detractors come from his draft year analysis. His coach say's that he (TT) is one of the most improved skaters on the team and that he has come a long way in a short time.

His speed is fine and so is his ability to step move as made evident by his exceptional ability to get and remain open.

It will be interesting to see what happens the next two weeks.