HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do we root for today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2011, 11:42 PM
  #176
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Avs beat the Yotes in a shootout. So the Preds now trail them by 2 points with a game in hand.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 09:36 AM
  #177
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 437
LAK over DAL - I'm torn on this one, DAL has ez schedule so we need the few toughies they have to go against them, but we're fighting for position with LAK - how bout we just get this over in REGULATION!

SJS over ANA

Let's go Preds!!!!

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
  #178
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
I hate to be a pessimist but I always assume that ANA and CHI will win their games against who ever they play. They always seem to. ANA has one and a half lines of offensive talent, and no other team never stops it from scoring.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
  #179
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
So who do we root for today? Obviously Minnesota and Tampa. The game I'm having trouble with is Anaheim @ Dallas. If Anaheim wins they take over the 6th seed dropping us to 7.

On the other hand, if Dallas loses in regulation the most points they can get this season is 95 but they would still have a chance to beat us if they win out in regulation or overtime and we lose the rest of our games however unlikely that is.

It's already guaranteed that Calgary can't pass us, so I don't really care if they beat Colorado or not.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:42 PM
  #180
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
So who do we root for today? Obviously Minnesota and Tampa. The game I'm having trouble with is Anaheim @ Dallas. If Anaheim wins they take over the 6th seed dropping us to 7.

On the other hand, if Dallas loses in regulation the most points they can get this season is 95 but they would still have a chance to beat us if they win out in regulation or overtime and we lose the rest of our games however unlikely that is.

It's already guaranteed that Calgary can't pass us, so I don't really care if they beat Colorado or not.
I want Dallas to win only so they can pass Chicago and beat them out of a playoff spot.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
  #181
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Root for Dallas for sure. If we win 1 of our last 3 we should be in (99 out of 100 chances). Anything better and we definitely are in. We are playing for position.

braindead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
  #182
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Ah, goaltender interference. Lovely.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:36 PM
  #183
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Wow. Two goals called off for the Ducks. That's...nice.

Stars beat the Ducks.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:44 PM
  #184
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Chicago lost, and the Ducks! Got to love that Preds

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
  #185
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,262
vCash: 500
quick look at skeds....

division is gone, have to concentrate on best finish now.

Phoneix has @LA, SJ, @SJ
LA has @SJ, PHO, @ANA, LA
Nasville has ATL, COL and @STL
Anaheim has SJ, LA, @LA
Chicago has @MON, STL, @ DET, DET
Dallas has Columbus, Colorado, @Colorado, @Minn


anyone who thinks we have three easy games need to ask philly, detroit, and chicago if atl, stl, or columbus has quit. proud men, many playing for jobs now

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:01 PM
  #186
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Both the stars and quacks looked weary in their contest. From the upcoming week's schedule, ana may have the hardest road. Yes indeed, from what we saw on Broadway yesterday NOTHING is written in stone for the PREDS!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
  #187
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
what's the tiebreaker situation for the Stars\Preds?

Suppose:

we win 1 of our last 3 (frighteningly possible, if we look past a motivated division rival that would love to knock us out)

Dallas wins all 4 of their remaining games (also possible, they're past the scary part, it's kind of cupcakey from here on out).

We both end up with 97 points, and, IIRC, 43 in the ROW column. Where would that put us, assuming that it's down to us or them for the last spot?

Just trying to shake out "worst case" here.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
  #188
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
It's not impossible Dallas runs the table and Chicago misses out. That would be shocking IMO.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
  #189
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
what's the tiebreaker situation for the Stars\Preds?

Suppose:

we win 1 of our last 3 (frighteningly possible, if we look past a motivated division rival that would love to knock us out)

Dallas wins all 4 of their remaining games (also possible, they're past the scary part, it's kind of cupcakey from here on out).

We both end up with 97 points, and, IIRC, 43 in the ROW column. Where would that put us, assuming that it's down to us or them for the last spot?

Just trying to shake out "worst case" here.
Unless they score an all-time record number of goals and give up none, we win under the GF/GA tie breaker.

Most importantly, if the Preds win out, they are almost certain of 4th or 5th (98 out of 100 chance)! 6th would be the worst finish in that case.


Dallas has an "easy" schedule including 2 against the Avs but recent events don't suggest that they win out.

We need to jump on Atlanta Tuesday night. I expect Pekka to be very, very good.


Last edited by braindead: 04-03-2011 at 11:14 PM.
braindead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 12:57 PM
  #190
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 325
No brainer tonight, Sharks over Kings. Just had to post it.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 04:50 PM
  #191
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of JAM
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 15,983
vCash: 50
Sharks could do a whole lot for us this week.... painful as it is to root for them, they are infinitely more tolerable now that Wilson is not the coach and Scooter is playing for them(even though he is on IR now)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 06:21 PM
  #192
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Sharks could do a whole lot for us this week.... painful as it is to root for them, they are infinitely more tolerable now that Wilson is not the coach and Scooter is playing for them(even though he is on IR now)
If you need help rooting for them, just remember not only is Wilson gone, but so is Nabokov. And come on.....teal, white, black and silver. Gotta give them props for that.

With that being said though I hate the Sharks. Just trying to look for positives.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 08:57 PM
  #193
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Wrong conference, but Boston blew a 3-0 lead against the Rangers, losing 5-3.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
  #194
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Unless they score an all-time record number of goals and give up none, we win under the GF/GA tie breaker.

Most importantly, if the Preds win out, they are almost certain of 4th or 5th (98 out of 100 chance)! 6th would be the worst finish in that case.


Dallas has an "easy" schedule including 2 against the Avs but recent events don't suggest that they win out.

We need to jump on Atlanta Tuesday night. I expect Pekka to be very, very good.
I checked into this...with the first tiebreaker being ROW, if we win only one of our last 3 and Dallas runs the table, they'd finish ahead of us, by virtue of one more ROW.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
  #195
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Sharks up 5-1 midway through the 2nd.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:09 AM
  #196
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,900
vCash: 500
only need 3 points to clinch. possibly less.

This Atlanta game scares me because I never know what to expect. All results since the lockout:

Code:
2005-06 season:	Wed Jan 11 2006	 at Atl	Atlanta 4, Nashville 3 (SO)	 	 	
2007-08 season:	Thu Oct 25 2007	 at Nas	Nashville 3, Atlanta 0  	 	 	
2008-09 season:	Fri Nov 28 2008	 at Atl	Nashville 4, Atlanta 3 (OT)	 	 	
2008-09 season:	Sat Jan 17 2009	 at Nas	Atlanta 7, Nashville 2  	 	 	
2009-10 season:	Sat Jan 30 2010	 at Nas	Nashville 4, Atlanta 3  	 	 	
2009-10 season:	Tue Mar 9 2010	 at Atl	Nashville 2, Atlanta 1  	 	 	
2010-11 season:	Mon Dec 6 2010	 at Atl	Atlanta 3, Nashville 2 (OT)

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:15 AM
  #197
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of JAM
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 15,983
vCash: 50
and now 4th looks like its doable....


need to get a minimum of 4 points and keep rooting for the sharks...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:35 AM
  #198
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 437
before we can think about positioning, we need to get in, so......

Today - Preds take care of Biz first, then....
CBJ over DAL - our magic number with DAL is 3 - some combo of us winning pts and DAL not winning pts.

Now, with regard to positioning ......
MTL over CHI

To have a shot at 4th we're gonna' need 5/6pts, maybe all 6 - just can't see both PHX and LA held to 3 or fewer. However, SJ is our friend - lets hope they're motivated for the 2 seed.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
  #199
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of JAM
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 15,983
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
before we can think about positioning, we need to get in, so......

Today - Preds take care of Biz first, then....
CBJ over DAL - our magic number with DAL is 3 - some combo of us winning pts and DAL not winning pts.

Now, with regard to positioning ......
MTL over CHI

To have a shot at 4th we're gonna' need 5/6pts, maybe all 6 - just can't see both PHX and LA held to 3 or fewer. However, SJ is our friend - lets hope they're motivated for the 2 seed.
tomorrows PHX vs LAK game is key. Best case is Phoenix wins that one in regulation then loses both games to San Jose in regulation. then as long as the Ducks can take one of two from LA(again in regulation) we should be in good shape.

If the LA?PHX game goes to OT then we will almost certainly need all 6 points to get 4th.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:13 AM
  #200
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 325
I think we should realistically set our sights on 5th place. It's very possible LA wins against Phoenix with that game being at home and they end their year in a home-and-home with Anaheim. Then as we know Phoenix does the same with San Jose. Unless things go perfectly we don't need to worry about the 4th seed.

What we should worry about is winning our games and not dropping to 7 or 8 with all these teams playing each other. Remember Chicago still has four more games and a possible 8 points to take. Maybe the 8 seed isn't likely but the 7 sure is. We better just worry about ourselves.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.